Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

The only thing better than beating the Yankees is beating them when you really suck! So many Yankees fans I know can't stand the fact that the Orioles seem to torture them more when the Orioles aren't good than when the Orioles were actually competitive. But for a few minutes at least, the Orioles are tied for 1st in the division!

And congrats to Brandon Hyde on your first MLB win!

Damn good win.

the Yankees are a hell of a lineup and that was a nailbiter, but if we can win games like that against a team like that, we SHOULD be able to win a lot of games on the lower tiers ie: almost anyone below the Yanks and Sox. IF we can play competitive ball with them...  who knows?

Lets see what happens tomorrow. Just win the series..

But, the pitching needs a lot of work. Smoke and mirrors is only going o hold up for so long.

Option Bleier to the Peace Corps. Let him go dig holes for good.

~Bang

29 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Nice win ... always great to beat the Yanks.  Was Karns supposed to be an "opener" or was he pulled for some reason?  

And shouldn't Bleier have been charged with a blown save? 

Karns was the opener yes.  Bleier didn't get the blown save because the Yankees didn't come back to win.  

7 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Karns was the opener yes.  Bleier didn't get the blown save because the Yankees didn't come back to win.  

Right, dunno what I was thinking ... Os had a 4 run lead when Bleier entered the game so no save opportunity until he created one by surrendering 2 runs.  That allowed Wright to get the save.

4 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

That should have been strike 3 call on Stanton.  Even the YES announcers were saying it was knee high (looked about a inch to me), and it was over the plate.

Voit just sent a soft grounder to SS Martin to end the inning,, so no damage done. 

Between the botched double play and the missed strike 3 to Stanton, Givens essentially got 6 outs. Oof. 

Wow! What a game. I went for a hike and recorded the rest of the game. Guess we can still hit some homers!

I love Givens, he is so wicked. I think he'll fetch us a good prospect at the deadline. Wish he could've turned that double play though. I can never understand when pitchers miss that throw to second. Means did really well too, his changeup is nice.

I like the way Dwight Smith Jr. swings the bat. Nice and even, he has a good eye. When Rickard hit that homer I did not think it was going out. Sure enough there it goes. Guys in general showed good patience at the plate and worked some walks.

Love this team already lol. No one believes in them. I realize their chances are less than 5% to make the playoffs but I'll cheer for them. You never know.

• Like 1