Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

So, i have had a few while watching today and my mind is not remembering everything it should. 
I look on the schedule on MLB.com and it shows us as no games until Friday vs the nats.. with a Wednesday game vs NYY as postponed.
But i seem to recall hearing the diseased offal that are the florida Marlins are coming in to play the series we missed?

what is our week?

~Bang

Edited by Bang

11 minutes ago, Bang said:

But i seem to recall hearing the diseased offal that are the florida Marlins are coming in to play the series we missed?

what is our week?

~Bang

I thought it was the Marlins tues-thurs with one of those days being a doubleheader. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I thought it was the Marlins tues-thurs with one of those days being a doubleheader. 

Correct.  Off today and 4 games in three days with two of the games the Marlins will be the home team.  Also the double-headers are seven inning games.  Strange year for sure.

• Like 1

Times announced:

Tuesday - 7:35pm Os home team

Wednesday - game 1 at 5:05pm - Os home team (7 inning game)

Wednesday - game2 30 mins after game 1 concludes - Marlins home team (7 inning game)

Thursday - 7:35pm Marlins home team

More things you never thought you'd see.  2020 is a really weird year.

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

So now they are playing 7 inning games?  Seems like they are making up the rules as they go along.  I am fine with that as long as the games get played and there is a semblance of a season.

Doubleheaders are 7 inning games.  

We gotta take at least 3 games from the Marlins.  Headed into the season if you told me we'd have to play 4 games against them at full strength I'd have been satisfied with a split.  But since their roster is bombed out and depleted, we should do well here.  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, abdcskins said:

So now they are playing 7 inning games?  Seems like they are making up the rules as they go along.  I am fine with that as long as the games get played and there is a semblance of a season.

That's where I'm at with this too. I don't really care about competitive balance, etc. Sports is entertainment and very much needed right now. Do whatever you can to put a product out there for us to consume. Even if someone other than NYY or LAD wins the title this year, who cares?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Davis is turning back into an automatic out, and DJ Stewart isn't far behind, though he has drawn 5 walks, no hits in 14 ABs and 8 Ks. nearly a 50% strike out rate. 

Add Mullins in to that mix as well.  At least Hays got a couple of hits last night.  Hopefully that gets him going.  Lost a lot of punch without Ruiz and Iglesias.