Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

I agree, watching the game yesterday was brutal. I'm still gonna watch today though cuz I have nothing else to do except avoid my school work. Plus the O's will forever be my squad.

The lack of talent on this squad is so apparent. It's so sad how our draft picks and minor league organizations have failed to develop talent. All those pitchers and other players we drafted and fizzled...truly it has been the demise of this once proud franchise, combined with some horrible signings. If Kjerstad and Rutschman end up being busts then this team may be bad until 2030 at the earliest.

4-0, Mullins with RBI single scores Pat Valaika, 1st and 3rd one out in the 2nd. 

Now 5-0, Iglesias ripped one to left field.  Almost a double but Sox left fielder got there to cut it off.

WTF Alberto, Santander pops up, then Alberto gets thrown out at second and is nowhere near the bag.   Maybe he thought there were two outs?

Edited by DCSaints_fan
  • Like 1

Cobb gets out of a small jam. If he can actually stay healthy that would boost the rotation significantly. 

We are seeing some of the small ball that is going to (hopefully) win us some games.

Edited by abdcskins

15 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Cobb gets out of a small jam. If he can actually stay healthy that would boost the rotation significantly. 

We are seeing some of the small ball that is going to (hopefully) win us some games.

Cobb does seem to be hitting the spots better.

Nice grab by Valaika

I think thats now three strikeouts looking for the Red Sox on a Cobb pitch right on the edge of the zone - pretty sure all fastballs 92-93 mph

Edited by DCSaints_fan

15 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

If he stays healthy and pitches decently, they will trade him first chance they get. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hersh said:

If he stays healthy and pitches decently, they will trade him first chance they get. 

Yes, this is best case scenario.  Being able to get out of the contract alone would be a win.  Probably only get like a 17 year old international prospect in return but whatver.

Swinging strike three and Severino cannot cleanly catch it, results in a stolen fist base by Sox   He is not helping is case for being on here long term.

Edited by DCSaints_fan

Random observation- I think the new 3-batter rule for relievers will change the way teams use closers. They’ll likely bring them in with 1-2 outs in the 8th. That way, if they get in trouble in the 9th, they can get pulled almost immediately. This Givens situation just made me think about that. obviously being up by 5 runs makes that less imperative today,

4 minutes ago, wrilbo67 said:

Random observation- I think the new 3-batter rule for relievers will change the way teams use closers. They’ll likely bring them in with 1-2 outs in the 8th. That way, if they get in trouble in the 9th, they can get pulled almost immediately. This Givens situation just made me think about that. obviously being up by 5 runs makes that less imperative today,

If you are worried about your closer getting into trouble after two batters, they aren't really a good closer. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hersh said:

If you are worried about your closer getting into trouble after two batters, they aren't really a good closer. 

fair, but I could definitely see wanting to give yourself that optionality in the ninth. You’ll send him to face the 3 most critical hitters in a late game situation, over the last 3 hitters, which has been the logic up to now.

DJ Stewart sac bunt advances the runners,  Hays deep sac fly.  4-1 Os

Liking the small ball tactics.

Maybe DJ Stewart can teach Chris Davis how to bunt

Home run!!  Santander! 6-1 good guys.

Edited by DCSaints_fan

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Web gem by Santander out in right up against the wall! He's having a game. 

I wonder if it’s going to be easier or harder for outfielders to pick up the ball with nobody in the stands. I guess easier but sometimes fielders depend on sound off the bat as well.