Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is sad...

JJredskins00

Rest assured that everybody is excited for this game. Its the Redskins and the Cowboys. The difference is that at 5-8, I personally won't start getting excited until about Sunday morning. Had our record been reversed right about now, I wouldn't have been able to sleep all week in anticipation of this game. Let's go Skins !!!

Originally posted by Gamebreaker

If it snows I think our chances of winning will increase. The Cowboys play on turf, they won't be use to the change in elements.

While snow looks cool on TV and might remind us of days gone by, I'm curious how you guys think that snow gives us an advantage.

The Pukes have a running game, I'm not sure how effective ours is, although Rock might do well in the snow.

I do think we're gonna win but I'm not as sure as you guys are that snow gives us an advantage.

What are your thoughts?

Originally posted by BossHogg

least you guys can watch the game....here in NC I have cable and will be stuck watching the Panthers...man I Hate them. Thought I would be ok when they changed time to 4pm.

Boss Hogg

I know your pain BossHog. I too hate the Panthers with a passion for removing my beloved Skins from network coverage here in NC. That's why I got the NFL Ticket. Trust me,it's worth the investment. :D

Originally posted by bubba9497

QC is a southnern guy, not used to playing in snow, oppossed to TH a New England kid

You make a valid point there Bubba. TH seemed to handle the cold at Giants stadium rather well. I'm like the others though. I don't know how we'll fair in the snow,whether it's an advantage or not. At one time(Allen Era and Hog Era) rain or snow used to be a big advantage for us. Guess we'll find out today.:)

Originally posted by BossHogg

least you guys can watch the game....here in NC I have cable and will be stuck watching the Panthers...man I Hate them. Thought I would be ok when they changed time to 4pm.

Boss Hogg

Dayum this hurts Huh! I'm here with ya in N.C. Ice on the ground, Ice in the trees, perfect day to veg out drink beer and watch football and we gotta watch the freakin Cardinals:doh: Oh well, I guess it's my own fault. I will have Sunday ticket next year.

For all of my N.C. brethren. I too, cant bare to watch "pamper" football this afternoon. Here in Charlotte there is a large contingent of SKINS fans that gather at Picasso's on East Blvd. It'll be a zoo with the game not shown locally. We'll even have a couple cowpokes show up to feel the wrath!!!

HTTR!

the overall records of the teams is irrelevant, it is how teams are playing CURRENTLY that is important.

the Cowboys are 3-4 in their last 7 games and have not been competitive in 3 of the past 4.

the Redskins have followed up a nasty 4 game stretch where they were not competitive with 3 solid games back to back.

I would offer that the 8-5 Cowboys and 5-8 Redskins in terms of talent on the field are a lot closer than those records would suggest.

At this point I would not even give Dallas much of an edge at QB even though their 8-5 starter is facing a guy in Hasselbeck that was unemployed just a few weeks ago and seemingly out of the NFL.

No, this game is about EFFORT.

If the Redskins play well and hard for 60 minutes they will win the game, if they don't they won't.

Originally posted by fish

While snow looks cool on TV and might remind us of days gone by, I'm curious how you guys think that snow gives us an advantage.

The Pukes have a running game, I'm not sure how effective ours is, although Rock might do well in the snow.

I do think we're gonna win but I'm not as sure as you guys are that snow gives us an advantage.

What are your thoughts?

One thing to consider is that Dallas' defense is somewhat smallish and relies on superior speed for its' playmaking ability. Lousy weather can negate a lot of that advantage. It's not their running game that's responsible for thir resurgence, and given a choice, I'd rather see their highly ranked defense slowed down.

What is this thing called snow you all are talking about:D

We will beat the Boys today, I can feel it.:dallasuck I think we are going to be suprised by Simon.

I am hyped for this game. I wish it started at 1 instead of 4, its going to be a log wait.

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Originally posted by Demoralized Canadian Hog

Rest assured that everybody is excited for this game. Its the Redskins and the Cowboys. The difference is that at 5-8, I personally won't start getting excited until about Sunday morning. Had our record been reversed right about now, I wouldn't have been able to sleep all week in anticipation of this game. Let's go Skins !!!

My sentiments exactly, and I think that I can speak for the feelings of a lot of Skins fans. Nothing would make me happier than seeing the Cowboys have to sweat it out for the play-offs, becasue the Skins worked that ass!! ESPN Gameday (those a$$holes) said that Dallas could clinch today if they win, and other things happen. That means if they lose, they are going to be struggling for the play-offs at all. If we can't make it, Dallas sure as hell isn't going to make it, and that would make my week!!

Originally posted by JJredskins00

Just started snowing hard here Northeast of Philly.

Hey JJ - I am just up the turnpike from you in snowy Allentown, we are currently estimated for somewhere from 8-14 inches not stopping until tomorrow between 9am-noon.

Pain is having tickets to this game and not wanting to driving down I95 and back.... If I didn't have to work tomorrow I might have taken the chance. Wish I had a hummer.:gus:

Now that I am staying home, I have to hope we don't loose the satellite connection from the snow.....

Archived