Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Yeah I saw that as well. I also looked at their predictions from last year and how well they fared. They were (39/32 - 1) 22% off. 

I like their chart and think the format is clearer than last year, but they are still less than 80% accurate. Add in that there's still a bunch of players out there I see no reason to start getting excited about 2020 picks. 

How are you determining they are 22% off?

They said 39 were eligible, but according to the rules only 32 are given out.  Meaning the last 7 don't count (and they didn't expect them to count...).  Am I missing something?

24 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

So we got Collins and lost Ty. The Skins are a team with many holes. So we paid a ton of money for one hole and have got weaker on the offensive line losing Ty. Also haven't signed anyone else for any other holes. 

How many players did the Pat's sign yesterday? Nothing has changed with this team and the Skins aren't even close to the playoffs yet.

You were that kid who whines to his mom about the brownies not being done 2 minutes after she puts them into the oven, weren't you lol...

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

You were that kid who whines to his mom about the brownies not being done 2 minutes after she puts them into the oven, weren't you lol...

How did the Josh Norman pickup work out? That's about the same thing as Collins. The Skins sure did get a lot of wins from that.

The Redskins have lost two starters and a valuable backup in the first two days of the legal tampering period: LB Preston Smith (Green Bay), WR Jamison Crowder (New York Jets) and OT Ty Nsekhe (Buffalo). All were expected to depart but they leave a void. That means players on the spot now become: LB Ryan Anderson, a second-round pick in 2017 who could be a tone setter but needs to become a stronger pass rusher; second-year WR Trey Quinn, who would be the No. 1 slot as of now; and second-year OT Geron Christian, a third-round pick last offseason. Christian struggled last summer, but he will work out with Trent Williams in Houston this offseason once his torn MCL from November is healed. Christian looked lost at times, but clearly needed to get stronger.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
John Keim, ESPN Staff Writer1h ago

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Benson Mayowa was a guy we looked at last offseason too, no more than depth potentially in the second wave of FA.

I could see HaHa coming back at this rate.

Will be a bit disappointed if we don't get another quantity FA in.

Happy that we signed Collins though.  He was far and away the best S in FA.  We needed a thumper at that position and we got the best. :)

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Redskins have lost two starters and a valuable backup in the first two days of the legal tampering period: LB Preston Smith (Green Bay), WR Jamison Crowder (New York Jets) and OT Ty Nsekhe (Buffalo). All were expected to depart but they leave a void. That means players on the spot now become: LB Ryan Anderson, a second-round pick in 2017 who could be a tone setter but needs to become a stronger pass rusher; second-year WR Trey Quinn, who would be the No. 1 slot as of now; and second-year OT Geron Christian, a third-round pick last offseason. Christian struggled last summer, but he will work out with Trent Williams in Houston this offseason once his torn MCL from November is healed. Christian looked lost at times, but clearly needed to get stronger.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
John Keim, ESPN Staff Writer1h ago

Good news about Wiliams taking him under his wing and working with him.  :)

To Keim's tweet, Christian is supposed to work out this off season with Trent.  hopefully that helps.  I am most worried depth wise about the O line.  I haven't really delved into FA possibilities on that front.  Saffold i gather is the best FA though he's 31.  

Edit:  I see you posted the same thing about Trent -- beat me to it. 😀

Keep an eye on RB T. J. Yeldon from the Jags.  A former Bama player only 26 and is good at catching passes out of the backfield.  He has semi disappointed but just wonder if we might sign him on a mid tier deal.  Maybe not. 

Not sure why so many are suggesting we take a Inside linebacker? 

“Foster, a first-round pick by the San Francisco 49ers in 2017, is widely seen as a player with the potential to be one of the best inside linebackers in the league,”

That’s the starter period

12 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

How are you determining they are 22% off?

They said 39 were eligible, but according to the rules only 32 are given out.  Meaning the last 7 don't count (and they didn't expect them to count...).  Am I missing something?

They estimated 39 picks would be given. When the picks actually rolled out the true number was 32, meaning they overstated the number by 7. 7/32 = 21.875% or 22%. 

They were 78% correct (100% - 22%), which is just under 80%. 

45 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Im certain that a couple of the guys we sifted through at the end of last season will make the roster for depth, but we definitely need to draft/sign 2-3 Fat Boys.

I would expect us to bring in someone else who can play tackle to compete with Christian. Given the infusion of picks, his spot is not safe next year

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Keep an eye on RB T. J. Yeldon from the Jags.  A former Bama player only 26 and is good at catching passes out of the backfield.  He has semi disappointed but just wonder if we might sign him on a mid tier deal.  Maybe not. 

Yup... Yeldon and Montgomery are my buy-low RBs

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

He is my favorite value RB in this draft. At the combine he was 6'1, 226 Lbs. Ran a 4.52. He's averaged 4 ypc on his 4 season career, but more impressive would be his 171 receptions. He's also a great pass blocker, which is critical if you want to play 3rd down in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, pcbothwel said:

Yup... Yeldon and Montgomery are my buy-low RBs

Yeldon does run a bit upright, so people worry about injuries there. Montgomery just gets smashes sometimes. I still see moments where he's running through a hole and he seems more like a WR running a route than a RB that has to protect himself. 

For me Montgomery is a gimmick guy. Yeldon is a big, talented back. 

4 minutes ago, Unbias said:

They estimated 39 picks would be given. When the picks actually rolled out the true number was 32, meaning they overstated the number by 7. 7/32 = 21.875% or 22%. 

They were 78% correct (100% - 22%), which is just under 80%. 

They just show the value of all based of the equation they've worked out.  Per the rules there is only 32.  They knew this, the 7 you see as misses weren't misses. 

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

Compensatory Pick Limits

There are two key restrictions that may limit the number of compensatory picks a team may receive:

• There is a strict limit of 32 compensatory picks that are awarded every year.  If the formula initially awards more than 32 compensatory picks, all picks ranked 33rd and below are not awarded, although the league will still recognize that those picks would have otherwise been eligible for compensation.  (There has only been one exception to this: as noted in the Special Cases below a 33rd comp pick was collectively bargained upon for 2016.)
  • A team may not be awarded any more than four compensatory picks in one year.  If the formula initially awards a team more than four, the lowest of the picks over the per-team limit of four are not awarded, although the league will still recognize that those picks would have otherwise been eligible for compensation.

Matt Paradis is still available too.  I like him and I believe his name has been tied to the Skins but nothing has come out about him except being tied to the Broncos and Jets, I think.  He's been the heart and soul of the Broncos OL.  

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've heard Allen isn't into 30+ year old FAs.  Maybe it's folklore.  

7 minutes ago, Skinarchy said:

Not sure why so many are suggesting we take a Inside linebacker? 

“Foster, a first-round pick by the San Francisco 49ers in 2017, is widely seen as a player with the potential to be one of the best inside linebackers in the league,”

That’s the starter period

Both Doug and Jay have flat out said its a priority when they've spoken this year.  Foster is a Mo (weakside) MLB.   They need arguably a Mike (strong-side) assuming they let Mason Foster go.    Dallas has two monster MLBs.  I am gathering the Redskins would like to do the same.  Some suspect Foster might be suspended for some games at the start of the season and thus far he hasn't been super durable.  Great player but there were durability questions about him before the draft. 

2 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

They just show the value of all based of the equation they've worked out.  Per the rules there is only 32.  They knew this, the 7 you see as misses weren't misses. 

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

Compensatory Pick Limits

There are two key restrictions that may limit the number of compensatory picks a team may receive:

• There is a strict limit of 32 compensatory picks that are awarded every year.  If the formula initially awards more than 32 compensatory picks, all picks ranked 33rd and below are not awarded, although the league will still recognize that those picks would have otherwise been eligible for compensation.  (There has only been one exception to this: as noted in the Special Cases below a 33rd comp pick was collectively bargained upon for 2016.)
  • A team may not be awarded any more than four compensatory picks in one year.  If the formula initially awards a team more than four, the lowest of the picks over the per-team limit of four are not awarded, although the league will still recognize that those picks would have otherwise been eligible for compensation.

I see and thank you for providing. This is good info I did not know. 

This does make the math a bit harder to predict. It's not only what the Redskins do, but also what all the other teams do in terms of fitting into the top 32. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Both Doug and Jay have flat out said its a priority when they've spoken this year.  Foster is a Mo (weakside) MLB.   They need arguably a Mike (strong-side) assuming they let Mason Foster go.    Dallas has two monster MLBs.  I am gathering the Redskins would like to do the same.  Some suspect Foster might be suspended for some games at the start of the season and thus far he hasn't been super durable.  Great player but there were durability questions about him before the draft. 

Until Foster is off the Commissioners Exempt list, it's probably safe to assume he'll get a few games. 

Based of a few cases in the past, I'd be a bit surprised if it's not 4-6 games.  (Purely speculation)

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Guessing it might be addressed in the draft now.  

Archived