Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

The Flowers signing is proof positive of why you dont listen to anyone who says "You dont draft X position this high" or "This is the spot you go after "X position".  You draft players, not positions, and Flowers was the guy everyone said we should trade down a few spots and nab.  Instead we drafted a multi probowl Guard, and then got Flowers for free(4 million of free) a few years later.  You can never draft a perennial pro-bowler too high.  Unless hes a kicker.

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Hmm... Not remembering it being Jay that signed, resigned all these players with injury histories. By the end of every season there is no team left. Also, until him and his coaching staff got here the team was horrible in terms of developing people. 

I can understand not liking Jay, but saying he is primary reason the team is not winning, that Bruce has done enough to give him the right players? Wow, just not seeing that at all. Bruce has had some decent drafts - I have defended him for this. But his approach to Free Agency is horrendous, not to mention his handling of our previous QB. He has no plan. He flails about in free agency with no real plan in place. 

My beef with Jay is literally coaching. I said that already that he's constantly out-coached. Even when the team is healthy, it's not like they ever set the world on fire. Lol

All in all, I feel like at some point, there will be a tipping point. Either he'll finally breakthrough, or he'll break.

19 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

The Flowers signing is proof positive of why you dont listen to anyone who says "You dont draft X position this high" or "This is the spot you go after "X position".  You draft players, not positions, and Flowers was the guy everyone said we should trade down a few spots and nab.  Instead we drafted a multi probowl Guard, and then got Flowers for free(4 million of free) a few years later.  You can never draft a perennial pro-bowler too high.  Unless hes a kicker.

Something's wrong...I've been liking and agreeing with a lot of your posts lately lol...

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

I got a feeling regardless of how whoever feels about the season will see a maybe 3-4 game win season.

I'm the opposite...I feel like it's gonna be a perfect storm of "obvious dumpster fire" moments that, when taken as a whole, somehow propel the team to 10 wins and division champions lol...

I see people reacting to $4M for Flowers. It reminds me of when people got all pissed about Scandrick and his initial contract - 2yrs $7M. Then it turned out all of $1M was gauranteed. Need to see th full contract deals. These reports are always full potential deals not the important details of guaranteed money. 

If it is $4M guaranteed, then this a bad signing. if it's full of incentives and/or the guaranteed money is more like $1M, then it's no harm no foul. Bring him in and see if he can compete. If he can with new scenery and maybe a position change, Great. If not, move along little doggie.  Again, it's March 18th. Still a lot to be decided before they release the 53 man active roster. 

6 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

My beef with Jay is literally coaching. I said that already that he's constantly out-coached. Even when the team is healthy, it's not like they ever set the world on fire. Lol

All in all, I feel like at some point, there will be a tipping point. Either he'll finally breakthrough, or he'll break.

I refer you back to the - You can;t make Chicken Salad out of Chicken ****. All the coaching in the world cannot actually tackle or catch a ball or make a guy stay healthy. Until there is a real NFL starting roster it is hard to say the lack of Ws are on the coaching. 

What we do know is Bruce Allen is a ****ing moron. He is not trusted by agents, players, or owners - well except one unfortunately. He has destroyed every NFL team has has been to. Totally inept. 

Not sure why you sign this guy to this contract when you can draft or likely get someone comparable After the deadline where signings no longer affect comp picks. Was anyone competing for this guy? I didn’t even know he was available until we brought him in to visit.

Archived