Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

20 minutes ago, RWJ said:

J E T S  Jets, Jets Jets.

On 8/18/2018 at 11:19 AM, volsmet said:

Some rumors that the Jets will pay Bell what he’s asking for, though rumors like that are not supposed to exist. ?

What a shocking turn of events.

5 minutes ago, volsmet said:

What a shocking turn of events.

Well, I doubt he sees the playoffs anytime soon.  He got the money though.

5 minutes ago, CPAllTheWay012 said:

I hope we don't blow it with Adrian Peterson.  Our best player on offense last year 😂

Adrian Peterson was great last year.  Personally, I wouldn't mind T.J. Yeldon on a 2 to 3 year inexpensive deal.  If we sign Adrian on a modest 2 year deal at 3mill per year, OK.

Seems like we have stopped biting the cheese on the FA front. Lot more reserved takes than years past.

I really don't know what to make of the signing other than he loves Sean Taylor. I guess that's cool...

I am truly dumbfounded though, as to why we spent so much on a safety when we suck skool much ass. Seems like a move a team that is a few breaks away from being a SB contender would make (though you can argue that Skins brass is delusional enough to see us as exactly that)

Hopefully they can find some decent coverage at ILB, or Landon will be putting that "Defensive stops" stat to the test

23 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Seems like we have stopped biting the cheese on the FA front. Lot more reserved takes than years past.

I really don't know what to make of the signing other than he loves Sean Taylor. I guess that's cool...

I am truly dumbfounded though, as to why we spent so much on a safety when we suck skool much ass. Seems like a move a team that is a few breaks away from being a SB contender would make (though you can argue that Skins brass is delusional enough to see us as exactly that)

Hopefully they can find some decent coverage at ILB, or Landon will be putting that "Defensive stops" stat to the test

I basically said this same thing earlier today and someone said I was crying. The Skins added one piece and lost 3 more. So not sure how anyone is happy with what they have done. Reminds me of when we traded for Haha last year. So many people thought that was a power move. How many wins did we get with Haha.

9 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Let sad guy be sad guy.  He’s beyond help.

Josh Norman has been mostly excellent for us.

Bahaha

Bro... you are crying, and should be called out on it. We lost 20+ guys to IR last year. The most important of which was a career ender. We were 6-2 and leading the division with a veteran RB and 1 healthy receiver before losing half the OL to injury. HaHa should be brought back, and would be much cheaper than the other FA options that have been recently signed. 

Norman has played quite well since he’s been here. Has he been elite? No. Though I think the days of Revis island is gone with the rule changes. He’s one of our best tacklers, he’s our best corner, causes a bunch of turnovers, and has really good synergy with the defense and the district. We could do far worse. Chill

I don't think I want to see the Redskins bottom out because you know full well if they got in the #1 pick in the 2020 draft, they would absolutely pick the wrong QB between Tua, Fromm and Herbert. 2 Would be hall of famers and the other would be the Redskins QB. 

2 hours ago, joeken24 said:

The big wow would have been trading for OBJ. The damn Browns?

I really don't care for OBJ. He pouts like a child. We have all seen it. Why would you want him here? Why did the Giants ship him? Makes your wonder huh. 

2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Giants would never deal him to us. Never. 

The "damn Browns" are light years better than us unfortunately. 

I am not going to say they are light years better than us. They have had a lot of chance at the #1 spot to get a good QB. Let's see how they do this year and how many tantrums OBJ has. 

Top Free Agent defensive players still available:

Earl Thomas

Pierre Desir

Ndamukong Suh

Bryce Callahan 

Justin Houston 

Markus Golden

Ha Ha

Rodney Gunter

KJ Wright

Darqueze Dennard

Jimmie Ward

Shaquille Barrett

Brent Urban

Denzel Perryman

Jason Mccourty 

Muhammed Wilkerson

Bruce Irvin

Adrian Phillips 

.....to name a few

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If we resign Haha that means the entire middle of our defense and one of our edge players will be Alabama dudes.  Good Lord.

I have no issues with that IF it happened by chance, and each player acquisition was based solely upon merit. But if BA is blindly assuming every Bama player is the correct fit solely because they played for Saban it's a sad state of affairs.

13 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If we resign Haha that means the entire middle of our defense and one of our edge players will be Alabama dudes.  Good Lord.

I don't think anything about it feels forced or unnatural. HaHa would be the only one, possibly. And maybe Ryan Anderson, but he wasn't really a reach or anything. 

...And here we thought the end of the Jerry Reese-Ben McAdoo Era was rock bottom.

No. This is rock bottom.

First, Landon Collins walking out the door for nothing.

Now this.

A rebuilding team with a 38-year-old quarterback. Beautiful.

Remember Gettleman telling us you don’t give up on talent when he signed Beckham to his $90 million deal only a year ago?

Well, a year later, he gave up on arguably the biggest talent the Giants have had since Lawrence Taylor, even if Barkley appears headed to be included in that argument.

Ownership, which signed off in this, of course, must be tickled that for Beckham’s 12 games in 2018, $16 million in dead money has been left on the Giants’ 2019 cap while freeing up $5 million....

https://nypost.com/2019/03/12/eli-manning-now-should-follow-odell-beckham-out-giants-door/

I hate the Giants as much as anyone, but I don't get why they're getting killed for the trade.  They got good value in return for a malcontent and weekly distraction.  Felt like a win for both teams.  By comparison take a look at what the Steelers had to settle for in the Antonio Brown fiasco.

6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Because he is not just a safety.  He is a 3 time pro bowler in the prime of his career.  A play maker and a team leader who many of the players on our defense already know and respect.  

A quality person and player who WANTS to be here and who, more importantly, our players want to be here.

He is literally the perfect fit. 

34 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Top Free Agent defensive players still available:

Earl Thomas

Pierre Desir

Ndamukong Suh

Bryce Callahan 

Justin Houston 

Markus Golden

Ha Ha

Rodney Gunter

KJ Wright

Darqueze Dennard

Jimmie Ward

Shaquille Barrett

Brent Urban

Denzel Perryman

Jason Mccourty 

Muhammed Wilkerson

Bruce Irvin

Adrian Phillips 

.....to name a few

I hope the rest of the league overlooks Jason Verrett as well.  Hopefully we look into acquiring him.

15 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I hate the Giants as much as anyone, but I don't get why they're getting killed for the trade.  They got good value in return for a malcontent and weekly distraction.  Felt like a win for both teams.  By comparison take a look at what the Steelers had to settle for in the Antonio Brown fiasco.

Steelers have another stud WR without A. Brown.   I've watched just about every Giants game for 10 years and I've never seen a team so dependent on one receiver.  I saw Eli's stats once posted with and without OBJ and it was insane.   Their record without OBJ ditto.    The one thing I feared about them is having a crazy good RB along with a crazy good WR which they had before yesterday.  And their other weapons aren't bad either.  Their O line at least the interior of it is on paper now pretty good.  They struck me one O line man and a QB from having an elite offense.  And they have a shot at getting that Qb in this draft.   So them going back to square 1 IMO is huge. 

From a Redskins point of view, he has had monster games against us.  He has helped make the Giants much more relevant and a conversation topic nationally in spite of their record.  As I said the other day, Good Morning Football did a spoof once of maybe they should talk more about teams people don't care about nationally and then cited the Redskins and Titans as the who cares about them teams.  Now this point doesn't matter from a W-L stand point but I have had it out for Giants in part because I have more friends and family who like that team than any other some of whom like to tell me hey at least we got stars and people talk about our team.  So that's a personal thing for me that I enjoy.  It's gnawed at me how much attention a losing team like them gets. 😀

A. Brown is 5 years older (we all know receiver isn't a position where being on the wrong side of 30 is your friend) than Beckham and seems to be losing his mind.  So to me what the Giants got for Beckham and the Steelers for A. Brown are apples to oranges and should be apples to oranges.

People who are complaining about all the Bama guys are really off target.  The bama guys are the best thing this team has going for it.  They are our strength. 

The alabama defenses have been one of the most impressive dynasties in the history of college football.   Just like teams emulate the patriots for their dominance we are trying to emulate the alabama's history of dominance.  

It makes perfect sense that we are trying to bring some of their magic to DC and hope it rubs off on us.

No, it does not mean that every alabama player will be a perfect fit, or that we should look to alabama alums as a deciding factor for decision making above all else. 

It means that we have a strategy to try and emulate what has worked and build using players that have proven success and are proven winners. 

Not only that, but the fact that the defense is made up largely of alabama players will give us an advantage in drawing other very talented ex alabama players to a franchise that otherwise most players would not want to touch with a ten foot pole.

Guys like Allen and Payne are the reason our future on defense is bright.  This is a winning strategy by our FO and is one of the few things that they have and are doing well.  It should be commended. 

18 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This is second time you’ve floated this narrative out there while completely ignoring the fact that Brown forced the trade and was in search of a big new deal.  Beckham’s situation was completely opposite of that and he was blindsided by the trade.

Why you do this?

Archived