Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

I think I would stay away from Preston Smith. If our line was as good as everyone says it is then there is something wrong with Preston's heart or his talent. Besides, Kerrigan is a great effort, nonstop hustler. We probably need a speed rusher to complement him.

ig: josinaandersonVerified account @JosinaAnderson
FollowFollow @JosinaAnderson
More

I’m told that Giants S Landon Collins cleaned out his locker today at the team facility and said his goodbyes to teammates, coaches and trainers. It doesn’t seem like Collins expects to be a Giant for much longer, per sources.

He played college ball at Alabama for those wondering.... checks quite a few boxes.

23 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:
More

I’m told that Giants S Landon Collins cleaned out his locker today at the team facility and said his goodbyes to teammates, coaches and trainers. It doesn’t seem like Collins expects to be a Giant for much longer, per sources.

He played college ball at Alabama for those wondering.... checks quite a few boxes.

Just read this.  A lot of people I know in another forum think we get priced out on Collins but I think Kyle Smith and the FO love them some Ala. players and I think Collins is a better investment, hands down than Ha Ha.  JMO, though. :)

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Just read this.  A lot of people I know in another forum think we get priced out on Collins but I think Kyle Smith and the FO love them some Ala. players and I think Collins is a better investment, hands down than Ha Ha.  JMO, though. :)

Also grew up a skins fan

I might change my mind, but as of now, I think safety is the only position deserving serious money in FA.  

I’d outright rule out DT, RB, TE, and QB.  

Corner: we already have an expensive one in Norman, and I like our options across from him - Dunbar, Moreau and Alexander.  Draft also has nice depth at the position... at least up to round 3 or so.  Unless we drop Norman, I don’t see value in a pricey FA.  

Edge:  Clowney might be the exception, but otherwise I think draft is the way to go.  

LG - we already have so much money in the oline, but finding a good player here could really solidify the line... so this is one I might change my opinion on.  

Receiver: like Clowney, Brown is the exception here IMO.  I like the depth in the draft though.  I could see us targeting WR in the 2nd/3rd, and then again in the 5th. 

ILB:  right now we have both Fosters, Brown and SDH.  This likely changes once we hit FA, but I don’t know if the value is there for a high priced FA, or who fits the bill.  Sean Lee would fit the injury risk the FO seemingly likes to gamble on, but it would be a mistake IMO.  

Long story short, I wouldn’t mind them pursuing Landon Collins.  My hunch is that they do, but Allen lowballs him.  A lifelong Skins fan, Alabama alumni, who’s a younger, high level player at a position of need (that could mitigate the mistake of cutting Swearinger) makes almost too much sense.  

59 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:
More

Yes please. Oh my god, who gives a **** about a QB, sign this guy up :ols:

35 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think he gets what, 8-10mil per year deal easily, probably more. But I'd wager we are favourites to sign him.

I believe we have 20 mil in cap space.If cut Mcgee Brown and Foster we could easly free up about ten million Sign Collins to deal with a low cap hit in year one. He could replace these 3 scrubs and plus have a few million to spare.Ruben Ferrari Foster is a stud and will transform this defense's weak points to strengths with his ability to shut down the outside runs with sideline to sideline speed and blanket TE's and backs. Collins and Foster will improve this teams ability to tackle.Swearinger gets alot of credit around here for a guy that missed a ton of tackles.Foster in the middle and Collins at Safety make this Defense formidable.

Why have Giants lost faith in Collins? Seems like a slam dunk resign from outsider perspective? Is he just a name and had a bad year or something?

Hoping Zach Brown stays in the mix and Reuben Foster continues positive trend towards playing. Then if Collins type signing occurs, wow... talk about some talent and speed flying around on all levels. 

42 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Corner: we already have an expensive one in Norman, and I like our options across from him - Dunbar, Moreau and Alexander.  Draft also has nice depth at the position... at least up to round 3 or so.  Unless we drop Norman, I don’t see value in a pricey FA. 

I agree. I feel corner is the one position that doesn’t need to be elite so long as the front 7 does their job. As long as we get adequate play and a decent amount of consistent pressure up front were set. Problem is we haven’t proven we’re capable of that. Dunno why we didn’t or don’t bring back Gallette tbh.

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

Why have Giants lost faith in Collins? Seems like a slam dunk resign from outsider perspective? Is he just a name and had a bad year or something?

I think they know they’re in full rebuild mode right now with a new QB on the horizon and not a ton of individual talent. No sense in dumping 10 to 12 mil a year on a safety who will be 30 when the team competes again.

We got nothing at safety.  If the idea (and i don't know if it is) is to create a killer defense and run game and hang on with the passing game.  Then Collins would be a good get.  Plus if they want to go crazy with the Alabama angle from a marketing angle or whatever -- Collins helps that narrative.  I recall he's good friends with Clinton-Dix both of whom worship Sean Taylor.   So you probably get Clinton Dix in the fold too if they still want him.

4 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I'd like to see the cost difference from re-signing Preston Smith to getting someone like Clowney...

I think it would be double the cost.  I think Preston would come back for 9M and Clowney is going to be close to 16-17M.

But I think I would rather have Landon Collins for 9M a year and draft an edge rusher in the draft or get Aaron Lynch or Shane Ray in free agency.  

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

I agree. I feel corner is the one position that doesn’t need to be elite so long as the front 7 does their job. As long as we get adequate play and a decent amount of consistent pressure up front were set. Problem is we haven’t proven we’re capable of that. Dunno why we didn’t or don’t bring back Gallette tbh.

To be clear, I want better corner play, I just don’t think FA is the route to get there.  I do like the potential we have on the outside though (and Stroman in the slot), so trying for help in the draft makes sense.  

As for Galette, I’m right there with you - a 1 year deal would have been smart.  He would have added a speed rush element, and if he planned out for us, we either re-sign him or perhaps get a comp pick if he walked this year.  

3 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

I think they know they’re in full rebuild mode right now with a new QB on the horizon and not a ton of individual talent. No sense in dumping 10 to 12 mil a year on a safety who will be 30 when the team competes again.

Collins will be 26 when the season starts.  He just reaching his prime.  

Archived