Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

4 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Wants:

Kwon Alexander, LB, could be an absolute steal in FA with his recent ACL tear. Tackling machine.

George Iloka, FS/SS, a FS who can also play in the box. Very versatile S.

J.R. Sweezy, LG, versatile Guard. 

Re-Sign:

Preston Smith, OLB

Ty Nsehke, T/G

Adrian Peterson, RB

Haha Clinton-Dix, FS

Draft:

1st round - Ed Oliver/Devin White/Kyler Murray (BPA)

2nd round - Julian Love, CB

Not done yet, but that's what i've got so far.

You personally want to see haha on this team again?..

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Not to be a downer but outside of the Front 4, the defense is severely lacking. Our safeties aren't very good especially with Swearinger gone. Our corners haven't stepped up,  Norman is a year older and our shutdown guy is now an injury-prone converted WR. Our LB are consistently underwhelming especially our ILB. I was Uber high on them last year especially after we got Brown back but now I just don't see a lot of talent.

Have to agree here.  There’s potential in the back 7 - the addition of Rueben Foster, the youth at corner, FS, and with SDH - but there are serious question marks back there.  That’s not mentioning our ROLB spot.  

3 hours ago, wit33 said:

Go get Murray and Antonio Brown and offense is set. This coupled with a young defense ready to make progress towards “top 10” type status. Team is built more solidly than in past year of splashes like this, putting team in position to potentially take full advantage of said splash. I’m a no go on Brown without Murray. So, all this means nothing and is far fetched. 

Stadium would be rocking once again though. 

It sounds wild and crazy and a very old school Dan approach but I agree with this point.  I think they are on drugs with the we are close narrative that they are spouting off on.  And the main reason why is they probably have the worst QB situation and passing weapons situation in the league.  So to me the only way that narrative has some legs is if you overhaul both situations in one off season.    If you get Brown and Murray that likely changes the ball game. 

Personally, I am on board with this team crashing and rebooting in 2020 so I am in no rush to make win now moves.   However, if we are stuck with a win now year for whatever narrative beat guys highlight -- Dan doesn't have the patience for a rebuild, Bruce is on a one year prove it deal, Jay too or whatever the heck is going on in the FO...if I am thinking its 2019 or bust - I would find a way to draft Murray and land A. Brown. 

I'll say the same thing now I said after the Alex Smith trade.  If they are going to go in a win now mode then don't do it half way -- load him up with weapons and go full force.  

If they really really believe they are close and in win now mode and or need a buzz -- if I am playing that card, get a super star receiver, get a potentially super star QB and go nuts.   And again, I am not saying this is my personal preference (though I'd take Murray in a heartbeat if I can get him within reason in this draft).  But if I am truly (which I am personally not) saying publicly (like Bruce and Jay have) that this team is close then I'd get aggressive so I don't look like a fool and perhaps lose my job at the end of the season.  Though I doubt Jay would be a Murray guy but who knows.

On 2/18/2019 at 7:31 PM, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I hope we Sign Teddy Bridgewater...He's only 26 and has proven capable of winning games.  That takes all the pressure off HAVING to pick up a QB in the 1st round.  

I'm not sure that I understand the logic of this option. If you want to avoid spending a 1st round pick on a QB THIS year, wouldn't tanking make more sense? Why bring in a moderate price (?) QB who can win a moderate amount of games? Shooting for .500 hasn't worked well for us. Defecate or get off the pot. Colt or a rookie, we need to pick one

The Cowboys may be moving on from Cole Beasley.  He's turning 30 and obviously will have a shorter remaining career than Jamison Crowder.  But if the Skins don't have the cap room for Crowder what do you think about Beasley for 1/2 the Crowder price?  Cowboys are supposedly offering mid 3 million per year. Skins would still need to draft a WR. 

4 minutes ago, PlayAction said:

The Cowboys may be moving on from Cole Beasley.  He's turning 30 and obviously will have a shorter remaining career than Jamison Crowder.  But if the Skins don't have the cap room for Crowder what do you think about Beasley for 1/2 the Crowder price?  Cowboys are supposedly offering mid 3 million per year. Skins would still need to draft a WR. 

If Crowder leaves, I think Quinn can take that role rather seamlessly.

Furthermore, we need a #1 receiver, far more than we need a replacement for Crowder, even if I'm wrong about Quinn.

So, that's where we need to focus our attention on, at that position.

15 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Furthermore, we need a #1 receiver, far more than we need a replacement for Crowder, even if I'm wrong about Quinn.

I completely agree..I'm sticking with I hope we take the best wr available at 15

59 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I'm not sure that I understand the logic of this option. If you want to avoid spending a 1st round pick on a QB THIS year, wouldn't tanking make more sense? Why bring in a moderate price (?) QB who can win a moderate amount of games? Shooting for .500 hasn't worked well for us. Defecate or get off the pot. Colt or a rookie, we need to pick one

Yes you are right about tanking and if I was running team maybe we’d seriously consider those options. But as the team is constituted from a FO standpoint, that doesn’t look like it’s gonna happen. So I’d say Bridgewater presents as someone with a decent floor with potential upside to compete with Colt and who wouldn’t cost too much given he hasn’t played a meaningful game in 3+ years. You could sign him short term and still take a rookie with a top pick and let him sit for a year. TB led the Vikes to a 11-5 record and a trip to the playoffs as a game manager at 23yrs old. Stats weren’t thru the roof but he did his job well.

1 hour ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Yes you are right about tanking and if I was running team maybe we’d seriously consider those options. But as the team is constituted from a FO standpoint, that doesn’t look like it’s gonna happen. So I’d say Bridgewater presents as someone with a decent floor with potential upside to compete with Colt and who wouldn’t cost too much given he hasn’t played a meaningful game in 3+ years. You could sign him short term and still take a rookie with a top pick and let him sit for a year. TB led the Vikes to a 11-5 record and a trip to the playoffs as a game manager at 23yrs old. Stats weren’t thru the roof but he did his job well.

I could honestly see them go on a spending spree much quicker than o could see them tank. It goes south this year like we all expect it too both Gruden and Bruce are gone and I’m sure both of them know it. You had a first year coach and gm I could see it but it’s not gonna happen. 

15 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Not to be a downer but outside of the Front 4, the defense is severely lacking. Our safeties aren't very good especially with Swearinger gone. Our corners haven't stepped up,  Norman is a year older and our shutdown guy is now an injury-prone converted WR. Our LB are consistently underwhelming especially our ILB. I was Uber high on them last year especially after we got Brown back but now I just don't see a lot of talent.

The front four I equate to a Having an elite QB on offense, the ripple effect is felt at all other positions. 

The defense was middle of the pack last year with all above perceived negatives in your mind. Dunbar was playing very well before his injury, and Norman is a good corner.

My hope is Rob Ryan is pounding the table stating he can get Brown back on track. Brown shared being injured for a large portion of last year. He’s dynamic and a stud in the middle of used properly. Reuben Fosters situation is trending in a positive direction for the team (increasing our chances to get Mason Foster off the field—please). And they have youngster chompin at the bit in Hamilton. Mason Foster has some value with leadership and as first down or inside the ten yard line type backer. 

The safety position is lacking some resources, but in my view this the least important position on the field, yes exceptions exist, but value can be found. This year presents a great opportunity for Skins to bolster position in free agency, as many perceived good ones are set to hit the market.

With all this said, it brings me back to the front four has a chance to be rotationally special and that’s the key. 

14 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

You personally want to see haha on this team again?..

We have other holes to fill and he's at least above average, however, depends on the price

That leaves our defensive starters:

Allen - Payne - Ioannidis

Kerrigan - Kwon Alexander - Reuben Foster - Smith

Dunbar        --         Norman

Iloka - Clinton-Dix

7 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

We have other holes to fill and he's at least above average, however, depends on the price

That leaves our defensive starters:

Allen - Payne - Ioannidis

Kerrigan - Kwon Alexander - Reuben Foster - Smith

Dunbar        --         Norman

Iloka - Clinton-Dix

Ha Ha was a HUGE bust.  I and I think a lot of fans can only hope that Kyle Smith can convince Allen not to resign this guy to our team.  We wasted a 4th round pick on him.

Just now, RWJ said:

Ha Ha was a HUGE bust.  I and I think a lot of fans can only hope that Kyle Smith can convince Allen not to resign this guy to our team.  We wasted a 4th round pick on him.

D.J. Swearinger is the No. 2 graded safety at @PFF this season

Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix is the No. 3 graded safety at @PFF this season

Both are now Redskins

I'll add that I don't disagree with you that he wasn't very good here but I'll chalk that up to the possible learning curve and the fact that really no one played well after Smith went down.

18 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Thanks for sharing, I read a few articles about the guy. Neat story, may have a little more tread than most 30 year olds due to his 2 year military stint. But he really was only a talented reserve G (and part time DL!) with a strong run blocking ability and poor pass protection. He'd be neat to also keep in the fold if he's cheap, but what little I read suggests that he's really not a well rounded NFL starter.

Releasing Zach Brown with a post 6-1 designation will free up $7.25M in cap space. He'd only result in $1.5M in dead cap money.

For those asking: If the Redskins release Josh Norman with a post June 1st designation, they will create $11.5M in cap space. (He would cost them $3M in dead cap).

11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Well, I don't think the Skins need just ONE new WR.  Quinn may become a productive slot receiver but other teams don't have just one.  What if he gets hurt?  

8 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Releasing Zach Brown with a post 6-1 designation will free up $7.25M in cap space. He'd only result in $1.5M in dead cap money.

For those asking: If the Redskins release Josh Norman with a post June 1st designation, they will create $11.5M in cap space. (He would cost them $3M in dead cap).

These are the kind of moves that will need to happen to accommodate a shiny new, or should I say old, vet QB. Need to shift one of those TE contracts.

extend Scherff and that creates the space for APs contract. 

4 hours ago, wit33 said:

The front four I equate to a Having an elite QB on offense, the ripple effect is felt at all other positions. 

It works both ways and I remember many times how exposed the entire defense was when the front four were neutralized. Besides, it really didn't matter much, especially after halftime adjustments, when we couldn't get any sort of edge rush from our OLB. When Kerrigan and/or Smith were on it was great but their inconsistencies made it real easy for competent OCs to expose our weaknesses.

23 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

I really have no idea but I've heard that this is a "meh" wr draft.

I don't think there is a single WR worthy of such a high pick. If we end up going WR as BPA in first I'd rather move down towards the end of the round. If the goal is WR then I don't think there's much of a gap between #1 (Metcalf) and #5(Harry or Marquise)

What about Davante Parker.. i've been watching this guy for a while and he in an intriguing target that can probably be had for 6-7mil/ year. Tall and fast..although he does come w injury concerns. Parker, Richardson, Doctson, quinn, draft pic.. would not be the worst WR room esp with the QB situation in flux

Archived