Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

3 hours ago, mh86 said:

I think it’s more that he came at you with a little bit of evidence/

There are 3 types of evidence.

1) Evidence that is known and acknowledged,

2) Evidence that is known, but not acknowledged.

3) Evidence that exists just as truthfully as any other evidence, but is not yet known, discovered, unveiled, and acknowledged.

Just because something hasn't been "proven" yet, doesn't mean it does not exists. There's a whole world out there, that has yet to be discovered and proven.

We only have partial knowledge.

And in this particular case, there are highly talented NFL-level players that have yet to have the opportunity to prove themselves.

And history refflects evidence that everything I just said is true.

What if, back in the 90's somebody said to you, "Ya see that grocery bagging boy over there, Kirk Warner ? He's going to become a Super Bowl MVP and Champion !"

You'd laugh and say, "There's no evidence that he could even be a Ball Boy in the Arena League"

But...does that mean he can't/won't do it ?

Perine got cut by the Bengals.  Maybe we should try to sign him since he knows our system and we were recently trying out running backs.  I'm not a fan but did think he looked better in preseason this year.  Maybe with a more run oriented game plan, he might do better?

8 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Ex Skins players often go to other teams and do better.   There was a backup linebacker named Alexander and he went to Buffalo and did real well.

There are a lot of them.  Mark Schlerth went to Broncos and had a good career.   Smith will do much better with the Packers.

Yep. There was a LB we had maybe 10 years ago... Chris Clemons? He went on to be a sack master somewhere.  Google... says Seattle and 38 sacks.

6 hours ago, justice98 said:

Gruden not having a fullback all these years and wondering why they couldnt run it never made sense.  Once he realized his TEs were garbage in the run game, they needed a FB.

Yep, and it's all so obvious in hindsight. Davis and Reed don't block. Our "blocking" TE is neither a blocking back nor hands back.

Get ready for some lead runs.

8 hours ago, owa said:

Perine got cut by the Bengals.  Maybe we should try to sign him since he knows our system and we were recently trying out running backs.  I'm not a fan but did think he looked better in preseason this year.  Maybe with a more run oriented game plan, he might do better?

I saw Matt Jones got drafted into the XFL. Maybe he's the answer.

If a team trades for him, they would pay him ~$5.4 million this year, and $12.5 million next year with nothing guaranteed. The return wouldn't be high for the 31 year old former All-Pro CB.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/10/24/20930744/redskins-rumors-washington-checking-trade-interest-for-josh-norman

That's the important part.  The cap relief we'd get would outweigh any return. 

Should've been a post June-1st cut.  

So the Browns want Trent, the Ravens want Kerrigan, and we are tentatively shopping Norman. Is Bruce gonna get off the pot and move them on or what.

oh, and just watch up make a move for vet QB, either for a conditional late pick or some guy off the street.

47 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

So the Browns want Trent, the Ravens want Kerrigan, and we are tentatively shopping Norman. Is Bruce gonna get off the pot and move them on or what.

oh, and just watch up make a move for vet QB, either for a conditional late pick or some guy off the street.

Lets hope Brainless Bruce does something. I wouldn't mind seeing Trent, Brandon, Ryan Kerrigan, Thompson, Norman and Davis all gone by the 29th. We need assets to rebuild this offense in the worst way.Everyone on the offensive side of the ball besides Terry should be replaced by next year if possible.

It's just so insane not to strike while there's interest in 71. While I still think the jury is out on Haskins, if we could get a first-rounder for Trent, we could theoretically take Chase Young *and* a stud QB, hopefully shoring up the O-line elsewhere in the draft or via FA in the offseason.

8 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Mark Maske in Wash Post just reported this morning he thinks the Kansas City Chiefs would trade with us for Josh Norman.   Come on Prince of Darkness make that 

trade.  He is not worth the big bucks you clowns have been paying him.   That is why the Panthers let him go.....!!

the Panthers put the franchise tag on him and his contract is only about a million and change more than that tag worth per season  and they had wanted a long term deal with him

I guess if the Chiefs are interested Breeland and Fuller been putting in good words about him

19 hours ago, JCB said:

It's just so insane not to strike while there's interest in 71. While I still think the jury is out on Haskins, if we could get a first-rounder for Trent, we could theoretically take Chase Young *and* a stud QB, hopefully shoring up the O-line elsewhere in the draft or via FA in the offseason.

4 quarters of injury relief play in two games, under two different coaches.  Haven't even finished empaneling the jury yet

Fans of this team can't wait to complain declare someone a bust so they can get the next guy in and complain about him being a bust

9 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Mark Maske in Wash Post just reported this morning he thinks the Kansas City Chiefs would trade with us for Josh Norman.   Come on Prince of Darkness make that 

trade.  He is not worth the big bucks you clowns have been paying him.   That is why the Panthers let him go.....!!

KC seems to love our corners Fuller, Breland and now Norman. Nah there is no way Bruce can get one over on Andy. 

14 minutes ago, TheBlueIndian said:

KC seems to love our corners Fuller, Breland and now Norman. Nah there is no way Bruce can get one over on Andy. 

unlike McNabb, we were quite happy with Alex Smith's play.  Unless Reid is psychic and saw Smith's leg nearly getting snapped off his body in a vision he didn't get one over

Josh Gordon was put on IR and then released. What this means is that, after the Dolphins, this team would have next crack at him. His contract expires after this year so if he leaves, this team would get a comp pick. Would be a shrewd move to pick him up as 1) on field help for Haskins and 2) to get an asset down the line

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Maybe the Colts would give us our 2nd rd pick back for Ryan. 

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

That was my initial reaction as well.

And that is why I am against trading him.  Because as far as I'm concerned a consistent Pro Bowler is worth more than a second round draft pick, especially one that was ours.  But I also recognize he's not worth a first rounder.  So I don't think you can work out appropriate compensation for him

7 minutes ago, carex said:

And that is why I am against trading him.  Because as far as I'm concerned a consistent Pro Bowler is worth more than a second round draft pick, especially one that was ours.  But I also recognize he's not worth a first rounder.  So I don't think you can work out appropriate compensation for him

Well if he's not worth a first rounder, that second rounder will be the second or third selection atop of the second round. That seems appropriate to me.

7 minutes ago, carex said:

Kerrigan has been a great player for us.  But what do you realistically expect from him moving forward?  He is 31 years old.   He has two sacks this season.  It will be hard to see him traded away, but getting a 2nd for him now would be shrewd asset management, which is why I don't expect it to happen. 

For the record, I'd take a 4th for him.  Get younger, shed salary, extra pick, and he isn't the difference between contending or not. We can suck as much without him.

3 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Kerrigan has been a great player for us.  But what do you realistically expect from him moving forward?  He is 31 years old.   He has two sacks this season.  It will be hard to see him traded away, but getting a 2nd for him now would be shrewd asset management, which is why I don't expect it to happen. 

For the record, I'd take a 4th for him.  Get younger, shed salary, extra pick, and he isn't the difference between contending or not. We can suck as much without him.

why can't he be one of those guys who plays to 35 or older

Archived