Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, evmiii said:

He's on the commissioner's exempt list, I don't envision him being removed without some suspension.  That said, I agree that he has not been formally convicted of any domestic violence crimes (he has not been a model citizen) and punishing him for that seems unjust.  It just seems it would be very helpful to know before the draft or conclusion of free agency.

Question is why is he on the exempt list at this point at all.   He was placed on it while they were sorting out the accusation and alleged incident.   I agree it is important to know before the draft or FA ends what his status is going to be.  

47 minutes ago, SonnyandSam said:

Well the crazy rumors on Twitter are that the Redskins are negotiating a trade for possibly AJ Green (Bengals) or Stephon Diggs (Vikings). I could see the Green rumor as being possible because the Bungles are a mess and might consider draft picks. I doubt the Vikings are willing to give up Diggs.

Someone on Twitter said he had a source telling him that the Redskins signed Rodgers-Cromartie to play free safety. I suppose that might be a possiblity. The Giants told him they were moving him to safety before they eventually cut him.

Thanks. I saw a little chatter on twitter about MIN, but that had us going after Adam Thielen. Diggs would be better, but unlikely like you said. I'd avoid Green, personally.

Hadn't heard anything about DRC @ FS. Interesting angle.

Appreciate it.

2 hours ago, carex said:

there hasn't been a Redskins staff in years that plays to their teams' strengths.  Everyone wants to beat their opponents where they're strongest rather than attacking weaknesses

Yep. I would swear going back to Gibbs 2 days, maybe 1, we always take it easy on a down and out position on D. A top corner goes out, no worries we won't pick on that backup corner. Or the injured one, when he limps back into the game.

My old favorite - a young aggressive end charging up field on 4th and 1 predictably blowing coverage duties, and PAP over his aggressive ass. We basically never run that simple play.

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

No, they’re bums because the roster is just kinda terrible and after a week of free agency, it’s still kinda terrible heading into what has to be a playoffs or bust year for the HC and FO

Basically, they are so inept they think they can win this year without making any big moves. That's a good thing, because it's stopped them from doing anything too damaging to the long-term. 

If Bruce was capable of assessing his own roster and really knew his job depended on winning this year, we'd have Mosley and Brown, maybe Bell on our roster right now.

The downside to this is it might mean Bruce is secure enough in his job that he really doesn't think he needs to win this year. But we can also hope is dumb enough to be wrong about that as well.

6 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Basically, they are so inept they think they can win this year without making any big moves. That's a good thing, because it's stopped them from doing anything too damaging to the long-term. 

If Bruce was capable of assessing his own roster and really knew his job depended on winning this year, we'd have Mosley and Brown, maybe Bell on our roster right now.

The downside to this is it might mean Bruce is secure enough in his job that he really doesn't think he needs to win this year. But we can also hope is dumb enough to be wrong about that as well.

That last paragraph is my sneaking suspicion that I’m trying to ignore...

11 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Honestly the fact Danny boy is handing over ST signed jerseys over steak dinner to a most desired FA is the biggest sign that Bruce is on thin ice.

I’m going to swim upstream, opposite of the ES current. 

First: Stop bashing the front office

We have a young core of high upside players. We got bit again by the injury bug last season.....not the fault of the front O’

Bringing in the ILB was a genius move

DRC signing was another great move, he will be better then Anyone not named Norman 

We have a stud D Line 

We have 2/3 of a good  O line

With the QB position wide open like a cheap brothel door, one of these qbs is going to play real good next season. Bank on it

Are punter is sick! Ha!

RB core will be very good we are set here

So what do we need? 

WR  If we shoot a blank in FA on a 1000+ yard #1, then draft the best in round 1 

Edge rusher round 2 

O line both round 3s 

Basically that’s what’s needed, easy to fill this season. If they cut a little dead weight, we can get 2 more second tier FA’  that can help. 

This team, with the small above additions is 10-6, not a  sign of a crap front office...

6 minutes ago, Skinarchy said:

I’m going to swim upstream, opposite of the ES current. 

First: Stop bashing the front office

We have a young core of high upside players. We got bit again by the injury bug last season.....not the fault of the front O’

Bringing in the ILB was a genius move

DRC signing was another great move, he will be better then Anyone not named Norman 

We have a stud D Line 

We have 2/3 of a good  O line

With the QB position wide open like a cheap brothel door, one of these qbs is going to play real good next season. Bank on it

Are punter is sick! Ha!

RB core will be very good we are set here

So what do we need? 

WR  If we shoot a blank in FA on a 1000+ yard #1, then draft the best in round 1 

Edge rusher round 2 

O line both round 3s 

Basically that’s what’s needed, easy to fill this season. If they cut a little dead weight, we can get 2 more second tier FA’  that can help. 

This team, with the small above additions is 10-6, not a  sign of a crap front office...

Larry or Bruce? 

27 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Really?

All the options are old bums. I for one don't buy the notion you get just get for the sake of getting.

I would have gladly had one of those bums on the roster during the season when we were scouring the scrapheap for d-list Canadian league free agents.

34 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Really?

All the options are old bums. I for one don't buy the notion you get just get for the sake of getting.

True, but we did the exact same strategy last year. The draft didn't pan out, so we got left with rejects that were worse than bums. At the very least, we should have an emergency plan that doesn't involve hoping our injured guard doesn't get injured.

I feel like there is so much double think on this board.  The Skins are in desperation win now mode to save jobs.  the Skins are supremely confident so they figure they don't need to make any moves

right now I think our most desperate need is WRs.  Even if all our receivers have potential they also have no experience and plenty of injury history.    As for guard I'm willing to wait till draft day to be upset about that.  A first or second round pick would take care of the starting LG right off the bat

Archived