Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

If we don't have every single fa in for a visit we're bums

If we sign every best fa available we're stupid and buying a championship= extremeskins.com

No, they’re bums because the roster is just kinda terrible and after a week of free agency, it’s still kinda terrible heading into what has to be a playoffs or bust year for the HC and FO

Both Ab and obj are drama queens..don't think we could have afforded them..

We still have the draft..and don't lose out hope on the big splash coming..I'm in South East Idaho..it could take till training camp to hit me here..but there's still that big splash coming.

Does anybody have any updates on R. Foster?  Hunt got his ruling today (8 games); shouldn't a ruling be coming soon on Foster?  I'm guessing even though all charges were dropped he'll still get 8-10 games due to the multiple incidents.

38 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

....am I the only one kinda disappointed with free agency thus far? 

I don’t think the team is any better than they were going into last season. 

I think DJ v Collins is a wash.

WR is still a mess. Guard is still a mess. Secondary overall is kinda a mess. 

I expect the EDGE to be addressed in the draft but still. Not looking good for being “close” 

I think we're making FA decisions based on longer term perspective. We aren't that close despite what they tell us so there's no reason to drop top dollar on older guys. Landon is young and we have him in the fold for at least half a decade.

9 minutes ago, evmiii said:

Does anybody have any updates on R. Foster?  Hunt got his ruling today (8 games); shouldn't a ruling be coming soon on Foster?  I'm guessing even though all charges were dropped he'll still get 8-10 games due to the multiple incidents.

First it is the same woman who withdrew charges the first time.  Now the charges are being dropped again.  Look I am not saying he did not do anything wrong or that he is not bat **** crazy for staying in a very dysfunctional relationship, but with Hunt you have a video, you have proof of him acting very badly and pushing a woman down.  Big difference IMO.  If charges are dropped why is he facing any sort of punishment?  He has denied everything and they have NO charges.

Just now, skinsmania123 said:

First it is the same woman who withdrew charges the first time.  Now the charges are being dropped again.  Look I am not he did not do anything wrong or that he is not bat **** crazy for staying in a very dysfunctional relationship, but with Hunt you have a video, you have proof of him acting very badly and pushing a woman down.  Big difference IMO.  If charges are dropped why is he facing any sort of punishment?  He has denied everything and they have NO charges.

He's on the commissioner's exempt list, I don't envision him being removed without some suspension.  That said, I agree that he has not been formally convicted of any domestic violence crimes (he has not been a model citizen) and punishing him for that seems unjust.  It just seems it would be very helpful to know before the draft or conclusion of free agency.

36 minutes ago, evmiii said:

Totally different situations. Foster has had no charges filed against him. His "girlfriend" changed her testimony under oath both times. The most recent incident in FL was ruled in Foster's favor by the State's Attorney; he/she found more evidence supporting Foster's story than hers. Even if you believe the woman, Foster slapped her phone out of her hand. He didn't beat her, kick her or abuse her like Hunt did which was on video.

I highly doubt 8 games. I might even agree with the Redskins that there shouldn't be any suspensions. These guys need to stay away from these bat **** crazy women.

3 hours ago, max21 said:

I wanted DRC last year, his interception that kept us out of the playoffs in 16 still haunts me. Not sure how much he has left but could be good depth plus he’s played with Collins. I don’t want to see Norman gone, he’s our best CB. If they can re work is contract great but if not and release him that’s a big void. 

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

Norman is not worth what he's getting paid.  Yes, he's the best CB on our team but that's not saying much.  We should trade him and take the cap hit off our hands and get a pick or two for him.  I don't think any team would trade for him though.  They know the position we are in with his cap hit.

3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Norman may be overpaid and may not be top 5 but he's still good. Makes no sense to sign Collins and then cut a guy like Norman. You want force multipliers

Edit: Unless you're rebuilding. Which is my preference, but not this FO's. 

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

Norman's not going anywhere this year.  Maybe released next year.  Yes, he's overpaid. :)

Agree that he’s overpaid.  Wouldn’t mind looking into trading him, but regardless, I’d wait and see what the draft brings before doing anything.  Also possible (if we draft a good corner) that we trade him after another team’s corner gets injured in camp (or even in-season).  Doesn’t help this year, but his value would be higher I’d guess.  

On a related note, it would be kind of crazy if we turned over the entire secondary in two years time.  

49 minutes ago, tibbidoe said:

Are there any good rumors right now? Anybody we're tied to? What about that 'splash' move? WR? G? Anything?

Edit: Also, how would current need be ranked?

I'd say:

LG

WR

OLB/EDGE

FS

OL depth

Well the crazy rumors on Twitter are that the Redskins are negotiating a trade for possibly AJ Green (Bengals) or Stephon Diggs (Vikings). I could see the Green rumor as being possible because the Bungles are a mess and might consider draft picks. I doubt the Vikings are willing to give up Diggs.

Someone on Twitter said he had a source telling him that the Redskins signed Rodgers-Cromartie to play free safety. I suppose that might be a possiblity. The Giants told him they were moving him to safety before they eventually cut him.

2 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

No, they’re bums because the roster is just kinda terrible and after a week of free agency, it’s still kinda terrible heading into what has to be a playoffs or bust year for the HC and FO

My position is I like the Collins signing.  I think the Keenum signing is fine.  But neither is enough to move the needle in an apparent win or else season.  There would need to be more.  The three main components in my view that sunk last season's team haven't been fixed.   LG and interior depth.   QB.   Receivers.    Arguably they've only gotten worse thus far on two of those fronts.  So if they don't get to addressing those three items IMO their ceiling is 8-8. 

The whole injury excuse IMO isn't that straightforward.  I do agree that the injuries did them in.  But at the same time, I don't believe its as random bad luck as some purport.  Casserly recently said the same thing I did last off season which is the Redskins more than most teams rely on too many players with an injury history.   Thus he expects it to be a chronic problem.   Yes, bad luck is part of this.  But IMO its not ALL bad luck.  For example, I was wrong on this FA thread last year when I touted the Paul Richardson signing considering they were adding a dude who has been injured most of his career. 

On the O line, Scherff is coming back from a major injury.  Trent seems to miss games every year now.   Lauvao ditto but I gather he's gone for good now.  Moses tends to get banged up pretty often but mostly plays through injuries.  Ty Nseke was their super sub filling in at LT, RT, RG, LG.  He's now gone.    On the receiver spot, we got injury prone Richardson.  Quinn who couldn't stay healthy last year.  And Doctson who is relatively healthy but he's gotten banged up, too.   

My point is they still IMO have to make some serious moves at their weak spots if they are making the playoffs this year.   The moves thus far (which am cool with) might be ingredients as part of a larger plan so like any FA season I'll judge it when its over.   But agree if this is the gist of the plan they aren't going to the playoffs.  But that doesn't bother me if not making the playoffs = reboot.  

If I were them, I'd go to town on the O line if the goal is playoffs or bust.   The strength on offense is the run game.    Instead of just putting just a guy at LG, go get a high grade one in the draft like Chris Lindstrom, Cody Ford, etc.   Add a blocking TE.  And adopt the Ravens model (defense + running game) albeit without the running QB. 

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

If we don't have every single fa in for a visit we're bums

If we sign every best fa available we're stupid and buying a championship= extremeskins.com

There are conflicting opinions, on subjective matters, in a community of many?

tenor.gif?itemid=11280106

1 hour ago, rumplestilskin said:

There is a reason those guys are considered a risk to draft or sign. Cincy took a lot of chances on guys with a checkered past and it really didnt blow up on them too much. The Chiefs look like they are getting bit over and over again. Pay the piper.

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I disagree. This roster has plenty of talent on defense. It is the offensive side of the ball that is concerning. I would imagine we go heavy on offense in the draft.

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

There is a reason those guys are considered a risk to draft or sign. Cincy took a lot of chances on guys with a checkered past and it really didnt blow up on them too much. The Chiefs look like they are getting bit over and over again. Pay the piper.

The Chiefs are getting nibbled upon, but they were a coin flip from the SB. You can nibble on me without the drink.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Norman may be overpaid and may not be top 5 but he's still good. Makes no sense to sign Collins and then cut a guy like Norman. You want force multipliers

Edit: Unless you're rebuilding. Which is my preference, but not this FO's. 

I totally agree here.  Makes no sense to spend big and then negate the signing by limiting the effectiveness of the acquisition.  I said it before, it makes more sense to extend Norman then to cut Norman.  Restructure and save some cap money.  If they need it this year they can or use it next year.  Norman played much better last year then in previous skins seasons.  

Adding DRC is kind of meh unless he's used correctly. 

36 minutes ago, SonnyandSam said:

Totally different situations. Foster has had no charges filed against him. His "girlfriend" changed her testimony under oath both times. The most recent incident in FL was ruled in Foster's favor by the State's Attorney; he/she found more evidence supporting Foster's story than hers. Even if you believe the woman, Foster slapped her phone out of her hand. He didn't beat her, kick her or abuse her like Hunt did which was on video.

I highly doubt 8 games. I might even agree with the Redskins that there shouldn't be any suspensions. These guys need to stay away from these bat **** crazy women.

Im not sure that matters much.  Zeke was never arrested and never had charges filed against him.  She was caught in text messages asking a friend to say that Zeke hit her... Her friend replies "you want me to lie?"  She says "yes."  The NFL sends only one person to talk to her.  The accuser says she will only make the accusation when not under oath.  NFL is fine with that. The lead investigator meets with the accuser, comes back and tells the NFL the accusations are not credible.  The NFL fires the lead investigator and suspends Zeke for 6 games... Even though no one from the NFL who had talked to the accuser believed the allegations.  Zeke appealed.  The judge says the NFLs investigation was the worst abuse of due process he has seen in his career on the court.  Then Jerry Jones gets fined for appealing the decision and speaking out against it.

Archived