Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

3 minutes ago, pcbothwel said:

How disappointing.... Ha Ha for a 1/3M contract is a steal. We dropped the ball here.

Ha-ha would of been a perfect fit next to Collins. 

It makes one think so but your correct.  1 year at 3 mill.  Skins did't think much of him and Allen low balls again.  I guess Collins is the prize.  I don't consider AP a prize as he was a bargain deal and thankful we got him for the price we did.  It will be interesting to see who the Skins set up visits with IF any.  I'm disappointed thus far with FA overall. 

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

It makes one think so but your correct.  1 year at 3 mill.  Skins did't think much of him and Allen low balls again.  I guess Collins is the prize.  I don't consider AP a prize as he was a bargain deal and thankful we got him for the price we did.  It will be interesting to see who the Skins set up visits with IF any.  I'm disappointed thus far with FA overall. 

I feel the same way. I think we were going to add CJ Mosely but the price got too steep.

Right now, I'm not sure our defense looks any better this year. We have Collins instead of Swearinger, maybe a minor upgrade. Foster over Brown could be a huge upgrade, but we don't know how long Foster will be suspended, or if he can stop getting arrested. We lost Preston Smith. 

I feel like we must have a plan to upgrade at safety, ILB, QB, and WR. I just don't think we know what that plan is yet. 

29 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I’m pretty shocked he would choose a 1-year deal with a Chicago defense that lost Vic Fangio and his disciples over staying in DC. 

You're assuming we wanted him back. If he only signed a 1 year deal for $3m, and we didn't even want to give hm that, it's pretty telling.

4 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

You're assuming we wanted him back. If he only signed a 1 year deal for $3m, and we didn't even want to give hm that, it's pretty telling.

I'm really glad it's not the 4 yr 36 mill that was posted.  I didn't want him back for that.

Have to keep reminding myself  not to get upset about lack of free agent activity. First off, there is no more guarantee of it being more successful then the draft, and you pay out alot more money. Secondly my wish is that the Redskins either win 10 plus and make the playoffs or win 5 or less and get a top 10 pick in 2020. So far its trending towards the latter.

23 minutes ago, RWJ said:

It makes one think so but your correct.  1 year at 3 mill.  Skins did't think much of him and Allen low balls again

The report is that he had more money on the table elsewhere, must have been here, but chose the Bears.

24 minutes ago, RWJ said:

The value in Dix is gonna be the comp pick we get for losing him. Good riddance. 

Letting Collins wear 21 is just setting him up for failure. As a fanbase we love to raise good players up to hero status so that we can tear them down from a greater height. Just let the dude play and see if he's good enough to build a legend of his own. 

4 minutes ago, duffy said:

Does Collins get to wear 21?

I was against it at first, but after watching his interview and hearing about how he broke down when Dan gave him a signed, game worn Sean Taylor jersey, I'm fine with it. 

I hope he does, imagine how hard he is going to play wearing that number, trying to play like his idol IN HIS Jersey number. There are massive underlying benefits here to consider

15 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

We may have offered more but over a longer term and so he decided to bet on himself.

exactly.  its a prove it deal.  He isnt just betting on himself he is betting on the bears defense.  How many more picks will he get with Mack getting after the qb?  How much money will he get next year after he puts up some decent numbers?

Its a risk, but a calculated one. If things break his way next year he could get millions more in the long run.  I can understand his logic.  Good luck to him. 

20 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

The guy was plain horrible for us.

Glad the Bears saved us from ourselves.

Will take any of our younger Safties over Haha.

He was just pitiful.

THANK YOU!!.. just putting a like on your post wasn't enough.. I could not believe all the post I read about we should resign him.. I'm not sure what it was, but he stunk like garbage for us..

I don't recall really any pretend interest coming from this FO for whatever odd reason.  So when you got multiple national guys including Garafalo say along with Doug himself say they were interested (Doug if anything is brutally honest versus the type to play games) then I think their interest was sincere. 

Conversely, if they aren't interested that's typically clear -- the local guys flat out say they aren't making a move -- for example no offers made to Preston, Chris Baker, Pierre Garcon and others over the years.   So I'd say its about as close to 100% as it gets that they genuinely wanted Haha back.  However, they clearly wanted him at a certain price.  And there is nothing wrong with that.  Maybe it was money or maybe Clinton-Dix wanted to go to a team that's arguably SB caliber or whatever.

I ironically was driving this afternoon and popped on Sirrius radio and heard Bruce talk about having bait out there on the hook right now for FAs.   I extrapolate from that they likely have multiple offers on the table for players.  And FAs can take the offers or not.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/ha-ha-clinton-dix-signs-bears-ending-his-short-unproductive-time-redskins

But while fans soured on Clinton-Dix, the Redskins organization was eager to bring him back. Executive Vice President of Player Personnel Doug Williams was less than thrilled to hear about the news of Clinton-Dix signing with the Bears. 

Archived