Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

Now that a lot of the "big name" free agents have been signed what are you guys hoping the redskins do next?

So far we have signed Landon Collins and re-signed AP, I hope the team is considering re-signing Johnathan Cooper at LG ( I thought he did okay playing for us coming off the street).  I also would like to see them sign a FS like Tre Boston (he shouldn't cost a lot of money and from what I have heard is underrated).  

What is everyone else's thoughts?

42 minutes ago, panahoo said:

How bout second this year and next for aj green.

I'd go for that ..

Try for aj green/Mike evans ..resign Cooper ,keep drooling over Collins..can't wait to get his jersey..as soon as it comes available I'm on it...not sure about the QB situation... 

10 minutes ago, a0tmike21 said:

Now that a lot of the "big name" free agents have been signed what are you guys hoping the redskins do next?

So far we have signed Landon Collins and re-signed AP, I hope the team is considering re-signing Johnathan Cooper at LG ( I thought he did okay playing for us coming off the street).  I also would like to see them sign a FS like Tre Boston (he shouldn't cost a lot of money and from what I have heard is underrated).  

What is everyone else's thoughts?

I would take a look at Josh Sitton or T.J. Lang at guard and Ronald Darby or Tre Boston for the secondary.

Just going to throw this one out there. 

The Washington Redskins trade there 1st round and 1 of there 3rd's this year and there 2020 1st round pick, for OBJ. 

Giants would never have traded there star WR to our Redskins so the Skins do it the hard way, with the Brown's getting an extra 1st next year. 

Biggest Trade By Far. 

HTTR 

I understand why most fans would not want to go hard after big name players when it seems we do not have a shot to be a great team next year.   Unfortunately the coaches are backed into a win now scenario and the owner is in a sell seats now mindset, like he always is.  So its safe to assume that anything is on the table even if it does not make sense long term.

Honestly I was ok with being patient and taking this year as a wash and looking towards the future.

Until I saw the superbowl odds.  Dead last?  Really? 

Now we have to win it all just to shove it in their faces.  Its karmic poetry in motion, and nothing can stop us. 

Super bowl or bust!

16 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Just going to throw this one out there. 

The Washington Redskins trade there 1st round and 1 of there 3rd's this year and there 2020 1st round pick, for OBJ. 

Giants would never have traded there star WR to our Redskins so the Skins do it the hard way, with the Brown's getting an extra 1st next year. 

Biggest Trade By Far. 

HTTR 

I hope you're being sarcastic...

Their They're There.. LOL

14 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

Until I saw the superbowl odds.  Dead last?  Really? 

Now we have to win it all just to shove it in their faces.  Its karmic poetry in motion, and nothing can stop us. 

Super bowl or bust!

This is what it means--and takes--to be a Redskins fan lol...no one is allowed to talk about the Skins in such a disrespectful, insulting way--except us, dammit. **** you and your odds lol...

55 minutes ago, Panninho said:

I really don't understand why we would want to trade the house away for a good WR. We don't have a reliable QB so we are not going to make a lot of noise anyways. You are not going to win a Superbowl with McCoy, Keenum or Alex Smith. Especially not if you have holes all over the offense. No WR is going to change that. So I'd rather keep the draft picks and the money and at least try to fix the many holes along the O-line, at TE and at QB (whether that means trading up in the draft or drafting some mid-round QB to develop).

I would do a trade if we can do it without giving up a one this year. Maybe trade down in the 1st and acquire extra picks and then trade a 2nd and a couple of 3rds. Not like we turn the 2nd round picks into anything anyways 

Here are the last few 2nd round picks: 

David Amerson

Trent Murphy

Preston Smith

Su'a Cravens

Ryan Anderson

Guice

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

I really don't understand why we would want to trade the house away for a good WR. We don't have a reliable QB so we are not going to make a lot of noise anyways. You are not going to win a Superbowl with McCoy, Keenum or Alex Smith. Especially not if you have holes all over the offense. No WR is going to change that. So I'd rather keep the draft picks and the money and at least try to fix the many holes along the O-line, at TE and at QB (whether that means trading up in the draft or drafting some mid-round QB to develop).

Reliable? I would say Keenum is reliable if nothing else. He may not be a great a QB. But he is certainly reliable.

1 hour ago, RabidFan said:

Mo Harris heading to NE for a visit.   Good for him.

I looked up to see if non-tendered restricted Free Agents count as compensatory free agents - they don't unfortunately. Given that, I think I would have tendered Harris at the minimal amount (we could always cut him in training camp if needed). But too late now.

The advantage in AP (I hope) is the example he sets for the young players. I have a feeling too many of our guys don't know how to approach the game, how to keep themselves fit and game ready, etc. These guys need someone they can look up to, model, and learn from.

I still remember an article from the glory days when a rookie converted QB named Brian Mitchell came to camp and was blown away seeing how hard Art Monk worked every day. He responded, "Man, if that guy has to work that hard I better get going!"

Conversely, we've had too many guys in recent years demanding days off, griping about practices, and training camp, etc. We need better role models. AP could fit that bill.

This crap about Green is a joke.  We should in no way trade for him.  He's not what he once was.  He's beat up and he's 30+.  Injuries have slowed his career WAY down the past few years.  Big mistake if we would do this.  

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

This crap about Green is a joke.  We should in no way trade for him.  He's not what he once was.  He's beat up and he's 30+.  Injuries have slowed his career WAY down the past few years.  Big mistake if we would do this.  

Depends what the cost is as far as I am concerned. I mean if we can get him for a 4th or 5th I am all over it. Yes. He has been hurt. But when healthy he is a beast still.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

If AB goes for  3rd, this should take less.  For someone that knows Jays offense and how bad our WR core is, would anyone really say no to something like a 4th rounder and restructure?  

What I hope is we only sign the bare minimum from here on out, and do nothing in Free agency, instead just moving on to the draft.  I then hope we cut Davis/Reed, and Norman, and then roll over the cap space into next year, pick up 3 more comp picks, and instead use free agency next year.

The smartest strategy in the NFL is to draft well, and use free agency once every 3 years.  Let guys go and build up comp picks for 2 years, then blitz free agency in the third, all the while collecting massive draft picks and filling your team with those.

1 minute ago, Peregrine said:

What I hope is we only sign the bare minimum from here on out, and do nothing in Free agency, instead just moving on to the draft.  I then hope we cut Davis/Reed, and Norman, and then roll over the cap space into next year, pick up 3 more comp picks, and instead use free agency next year.

The smartest strategy in the NFL is to draft well, and use free agency once every 3 years.  Let guys go and build up comp picks for 2 years, then blitz free agency in the third, all the while collecting massive draft picks and filling your team with those.

Would we get comp picks if "cut"?

1 minute ago, wunderhill said:

Would we get comp picks if "cut"?

No. Only if they are free agents after their contract runs out. If you cut someone there is no comp pick. But it goes both ways. If you SIGN a cut player it doesnt hurt your comp picks either.

13 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

I agree with this but why sign Collins and just stop there, Peterson has Re-signed because of what moves he has heard we are planning to make. Still shocked at no new deal for Scherff and can't believe we will go into the 2019 season with both Reed and Davis here and a total of 12m between them. Reed always injured and Davis always dropping the ball. 

HTTR 

19 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

No. Only if they are free agents after their contract runs out. If you cut someone there is no comp pick. But it goes both ways. If you SIGN a cut player it doesnt hurt your comp picks either.

So Collins likely cancels out Preston, but we'll get a comp pick for Crowder, Nseke, and Haha. 

of course that's if we were to stop right now.  

4 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

I agree with this but why sign Collins and just stop there, Peterson has Re-signed because of what moves he has heard we are planning to make. Still shocked at no new deal for Scherff and can't believe we will go into the 2019 season with both Reed and Davis here and a total of 12m between them. Reed always injured and Davis always dropping the ball. 

HTTR 

In total agreement with what you are saying.  One thing though is I'd like to see us add Ha Ha back onto the roster to play FS with SS Collins.  

5 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

So Collins likely cancels out Preston, but we'll get a comp pick for Crowder and Nseke. 

And whoever else might sign decent contracts of those we have that are FA (i.e., Ha Ha if he signs with the Bears etc.)

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

In total agreement with what you are saying.  One thing though is I'd like to see us add Ha Ha back onto the roster to play FS with SS Collins.  

And whoever else might sign decent contracts of those we have that are FA (i.e., Ha Ha if he signs with the Bears etc.)

Yeah i edited it and added Haha.

You really wanna get down a rabbit hole here.  I wonder if they've talked to Haha to feel out what he's looking to get, and if he's going to get a decent contract.  If he is, we could get back a decent comp pick for him, and is that going to go into the decision making process of whether we offer or not.  

23 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Yeah i edited it and added Haha.

You really wanna get down a rabbit hole here.  I wonder if they've talked to Haha to feel out what he's looking to get, and if he's going to get a decent contract.  If he is, we could get back a decent comp pick for him, and is that going to go into the decision making process of whether we offer or not.  

Depends on the money.  Bigger the contract, money wise; better the comp pick.

Archived