Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

4 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

And that is SAD that anyone could consider Norman our "best CB" because the dude is not worth the dollars we are paying him.   He is okay. Last year he got his ass handed to him, turned around, I don't know how many times, but it was sad for a billed "shutdown" CB.   Not denying he had some good plays, but the burned Norman stands out in my mind.  

Allen or someone in that FO really needs to get him to restructure or you go CB first round and dump him.  

Clearly Dunny was the best cover corner prior to his freak injury. Curious as to what Moreau can do w/ starter reps. 

2 hours ago, bowhunter said:

Every senior veteran on his last contract year also takes a valuable roster spot from the young hungry rookie. I hate to lose a talented late rounder becuase we wanted to see if a 33 year old corner still has some gas left in his tank. Let him Compete for that spot, nothing else. And if the rook looks almost as good, turn DRC back on the streets.

we can take 90 into camp and we cut Scandrick when he wasn't working out

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I mean, if you're willing to draft an OG with the #5 overall pick but then it's outside your comfort zone to pay him the equivalent contract after 4-5 years of living up to that lofty draft pedigree...idk what to say. I'd think that means you have some inconsistencies in the principles of your roster building process. If you even have a process at all. 

I’m convinced at this point that they are clueless, what’s even worse is that this FO undervalues good players that have been drafted and developed ( which is rare for this Franchise) while going for other teams Free Agents. If indeed the rumors are true that Snyder is meddling again then there is probably no hope going forward. Scherff has helped solidify the right side of the line, I hope that the blind squirrels in the Front Office will find a nut and extend him

9 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

And that is SAD that anyone could consider Norman our "best CB" because the dude is not worth the dollars we are paying him.   He is okay. Last year he got his ass handed to him, turned around, I don't know how many times, but it was sad for a billed "shutdown" CB.   Not denying he had some good plays, but the burned Norman stands out in my mind.  

Allen or someone in that FO really needs to get him to restructure or you go CB first round and dump him.  

I agree, the only way I’d be cool with him being released if we went CB first round. Moreau, Dunbar, Stroman and DRC doesnt scare a single OC. Norman probably still doesn’t either but you can count on him to some extent, he still makes plays. 

21 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

I believe Norman is still a top ten corner.The reason why we haven't got the production out of him we need is do to the reluctance of this staff to play to our guys strengths.Lets play cover 3 allow our corners to excel put Landon in the box and Montae play single safety.

I don't know about top ten but he's definitely top 20 in the right system

Scherff is getting extended, there has never been a hint of a suggestion that he won't be.  It was not in his interests to agree to a deal before FA because OL are getting paid stupid money these days so quite rightly his camp are waiting to see what the market value is and then they will ask for that plus an additional 10% f#$% you Bruce tax, simples.

28 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

I believe Norman is still a top ten corner.The reason why we haven't got the production out of him we need is do to the reluctance of this staff to play to our guys strengths.Lets play cover 3 allow our corners to excel put Landon in the box and Montae play single safety.

I dont understand the hate towards Norman. He gives his all and adds swagger to the D. He is a solid vet that can teach young guys a lot. Can he play better. Yes. Can the whole team play better YES!

9 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I don't know about top ten but he's definitely top 20 in the right system

Right now Norman is still the best corner in our division.Some will say Byron Jones but I am not buying it the difference between them is Dallas plays to their players strengths.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan in his podcast yesterday said multiple people have told him that Dan this off season is back messing with personnel some at least as to FA.  And Collins was his push.   

I wondered the same, going for a big player like that let alone outbidding the competition -- seems to be a Dan type of thing not Bruce. 

And to give some perspective, Sheehan has been swearing for years that Dan from what he's heard has been hands off and allowed Bruce to do his thing.  I gather if Sheehan is correct, Dan didn't want to do the same this year.   As Sheehan more or less expressed it, Dan wasn't going to go for a Jeron Johnson, Scandrick, McGee off season when the fan base was bolting and needed a jolt. 

Bruce had to be more aggressive with the "we are close" pitch?  Taking less money to play for the Bears?  Did Bruce remind Haha they started 6-3? 😀

Dude is a contrarian conspiracy theorist who has an encyclopedic knowledge of DC sports but has lost all objectivity over the last couple of years. He is utterly unlistenable at this point. At least when he was paired with Cooley on 980 it was tolerable. 

As previously mentioned, the Redskins don't play the schemes that Norman was successful playing in Carolina.  He is not a lock down man corner.  If we are not going to get the most of him he is grossly overpaid based on his value in our current scheme.  Let him do what he does best or let him go and use the cap space somewhere else.

Just now, evmiii said:

As previously mentioned, the Redskins don't play the schemes that Norman was successful playing in Carolina.  He is not a lock down man corner.  If we are not going to get the most of him he is grossly overpaid based on his value in our current scheme.  Let him do what he does best or let him go and use the cap space somewhere else.

It's a big reason you have to define this coaching staff as being average, at best. They do not adapt their schemes to fit their players strengths (ex. running AP out of the I formation, letting ZB focus on defending the run and blitzing on passing downs & running more zone to fit Norman and DJ)

How does DRC as a guy coming out of retirement count toward the comp pick formula?

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Or playing behind the modern day LT and all around beast of a defense to improve stock next year lol

16 minutes ago, TheBlueIndian said:

Dude is a contrarian conspiracy theorist who has an encyclopedic knowledge of DC sports but has lost all objectivity over the last couple of years. He is utterly unlistenable at this point. At least when he was paired with Cooley on 980 it was tolerable. 

His Shtick got old with 980 as well it appeared. But I appreciate his work ethic and time spent to back his arguments layers of information.

1 hour ago, alwaysaskin said:

I’m convinced at this point that they are clueless, what’s even worse is that this FO undervalues good players that have been drafted and developed ( which is rare for this Franchise) while going for other teams Free Agents. If indeed the rumors are true that Snyder is meddling again then there is probably no hope going forward. Scherff has helped solidify the right side of the line, I hope that the blind squirrels in the Front Office will find a nut and extend him

I wonder if they are waiting a little bit to see how he recovers from his torn Pec before dropping a bunch of cash on him? All indicators are that he will be ready by training camp. And right now we dont really need the cap space yet. 

1 hour ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Scherff is getting extended, there has never been a hint of a suggestion that he won't be. 

There also hasn't been a hint that he will be, all we know is the Redskins want to extend him.  But we also know scherff has all the leverage in the world right now, and will only have a more favorable market next off-season.  While I expect a deal to eventually get done, it's not exactly a slam dunk, bc we have all seen how someone (a QB who shall not be named) with all the leverage played hardball to an unprecedented contract.

....am I the only one kinda disappointed with free agency thus far? 

I don’t think the team is any better than they were going into last season. 

I think DJ v Collins is a wash.

WR is still a mess. Guard is still a mess. Secondary overall is kinda a mess. 

I expect the EDGE to be addressed in the draft but still. Not looking good for being “close” 

4 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I expect the EDGE to be addressed in the draft but still. Not looking good for being “close” 

This is a team built around short sighted roster moves, we've never been far away enough to give us the chance of being close. We had a few horrible years but our picks went to another team lol. 

This free agency has been okay, definitely not putting us anywhere near close imo. 

1 hour ago, method man said:

It's a big reason you have to define this coaching staff as being average, at best. They do not adapt their schemes to fit their players strengths (ex. running AP out of the I formation, letting ZB focus on defending the run and blitzing on passing downs & running more zone to fit Norman and DJ)

How does DRC as a guy coming out of retirement count toward the comp pick formula?

there hasn't been a Redskins staff in years that plays to their teams' strengths.  Everyone wants to beat their opponents where they're strongest rather than attacking weaknesses

13 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I'm not disappointed, but this is about what I've come to expect.

I think Collins is an upgrade over DJ but not by a huge amount.  If Case Keenum can get back to 2017 levels, it'll be shocking.  He's got no one to throw it to.

I agree that I don't think the team is any better than they were going into last season.  Of course people are gonna say "GUICE" to which I'd reply that I'm not pinning the hopes of the season on a rookie running back coming off an ACL surgery.  I love the guy, he seems like a great dude and a hard worker but that doesn't mean he's going to be legit.  We need to wait and see.

So...yeah.  I am overall not impressed.  That said, there's still plenty more FA to go and a draft.  Still room for improvement.

57 minutes ago, 98ORAKPO98 said:

57 minutes ago, 98ORAKPO98 said:

CRAZY! You would think they would hang on to him no matter what he did. They were just working on a new contract for him too. Poor Chiefs. So long on talent but short on luck. Blahaaahaaaa

Archived