Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I don't think it's that expensive.  He rushed for just over 1000 yards last year, his first full year back, with the o-line eventually in shambles.  I don't look at it as Guice insurance, more than I look at it as a mentor and leader on the team.  His work ethic and dedication alone is valuable to those guys. 

Plus he earned it, imo.  If all three of our main backs can stay healthy (CT, Guice and AP), we are in a good place as far as work load and rotation.  Plus this can only benefit Guice working and training with a future 1st ballot hall of famer.  At the end of the day, I think it was worth it.  

Yep, and it allows the team to keep Guice on a light workload to ensure that nothing goes wrong with that knee.  

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Probably in the minority, but happy to give Clinton Dix another chance. Hopefully the deal is reasonable, think we will have a strong safety duo.

I wouldnt go so far as to say I'm happy to give him another chance, but i'm willing to live with it.  There's at least something there yo work with.  I dont think he is as bad as he looked, in general. 

2 hours ago, max21 said:

Pretty wild about Zach Brown, we all wanted him so bad lol. Super fast LB and it’s crazy how last season ended up for him. Kinda had a thought some off field issues affected his play it seemed like 

Folks turned on him quick.  We were happy to have him....and then we werent.

4 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I don't think it's that expensive.  He rushed for just over 1000 yards last year, his first full year back, with the o-line eventually in shambles.  I don't look at it as Guice insurance, more than I look at it as a mentor and leader on the team.  His work ethic and dedication alone is valuable to those guys. 

Plus he earned it, imo.  If all three of our main backs can stay healthy (CT, Guice and AP), we are in a good place as far as work load and rotation.  Plus this can only benefit Guice working and training with a future 1st ballot hall of famer.  At the end of the day, I think it was worth it.  

Agreed 100%.  Not only was his performance impressive, his attitude, work ethic and leadership are invaluable to a team trying to improve it's culture.

37 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I'm just curious and I don't mean to be an ass... But what's in it for you fans who dive deep into what money the players are making and what have you... Is there a GM tryout for the Redskins?.. again I don't mean to be disrespectful or rude..

Some are cap junkies, some aren't.  Some like the business side of football and want to follow it along in FA to see and make educated guesses as to who the team can sign, can't sign, shouldn't sign, etc. based on cap space and need.  And said people like to discuss that with other fans.  

I love it when posts start out like "I don't mean to be an ass but..." :cheers:

6 minutes ago, LittleTinyUnbornBaby said:

I am gaining a degree in sports management so.... knowing aome of this stuff is kinda important to me

The things that are kinda important today, could be the most important things once you have a degree sports management. -David Koechner

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Agreed 100%.  Not only was his performance impressive, his attitude, work ethic and leadership are invaluable to a team trying to improve it's culture.

If we do change our team name, The Washington Intangibles has a nice ring to it. 

1 hour ago, max21 said:

Consider me not that stoked, I Love AP who doesn’t but that’s expensive insurance for Guice. I really want to see what Guice can do 

Yeah, I feel that's a contract the team will regret some. But it's "only", which I suppose isn't terrible. But it's a lot for an aging RB you'd rather have be a back-up. Everybody loved Peterson last year and he was great, but he also sucked the last several year prior and is pretty darn old for a RB (though Frank Gore still looms)

1 minute ago, Jericho said:

Yeah, I feel that's a contract the team will regret some. But it's "only", which I suppose isn't terrible. But it's a lot for an aging RB you'd rather have be a back-up. Everybody loved Peterson last year and he was great, but he also sucked the last several year prior and is pretty darn old for a RB (though Frank Gore still looms)

I think this is the most I have ever seen of someone arguing with themselves.  :)

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

He didn't bail on the Dolphins mid-season.  He lied about not going to Bama with 2 games left in the NFL season, then bolted after the season was finished.  Left a note in the lockers?  Link an article stating that, because I don't recall that ever happening.  In fact, he met with the Dolphins owner and the owner announced his departure and cited that it was more involved and included family issues.

The only thing he did wrong was lie about it and continuously state he was not going to Bama and appearing angry about the questions.  I'd imagine at the time, he felt like it would cause a bigger distraction by just saying, "No comment" or "I'll address/evaluate my situation after the season is over", etc.  The owner wasn't mad at him.  

I can't stand him personally, but that's because I'm not a Bama fan and jealous of the crazy dominance he brought to NCAA football.  Would I want him as our head coach?  Absolutely not.  He sucked as a head NFL coach, he probably would make a better defensive coordinator at the pro level, granted he was the Browns DC for four years and has said it was the worst time of his life.  Despite having the #7 overall defense and going 11-5 with the Browns in 1994.

Was it Petrino? Man...I feel a need to write Nick a personal letter or send a fruit basket, because I’ve been dogging him over this for years... and I was thinking of the wrong guy! 

2 hours ago, max21 said:

Pretty wild about Zach Brown, we all wanted him so bad lol. Super fast LB and it’s crazy how last season ended up for him. Kinda had a thought some off field issues affected his play it seemed like 

I think the Redskins will make a mistake in cutting Brown. Seems to me the kind of player who is a strength when used correctly. We saw that in year one and saw the opposite in year two. Creative teams and good coaches figure out way to exploit talent. Brown is a talent. That speed and power has value.

I can understand a potential cut from a cap point of view, but Brown's failure to succeed here seems more about the coaches than Brown. Hopefully this year, we have pieces that the coaches know how to use and our players are put in position to succeed more often.

Archived