Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

Since we start a new GoT thread for every new season, it seems as though we should do the same for football.  Granted, the Snyderskins aren't as fun to watch as Game of Thrones, but almost 420 pages (coincidence, not a reference to anything that might make watching a Skins game more tolerable) with a thread title that proudly announces things like Quick re-signed seems unwieldy as well as obsolete.

I suppose the first announcement will be when we re-sign Josh Johnson.

Landon Collins aka Sam Spade part deux signed.

DRC signed.

AP re-signed.

LT Donald Penn signed

RB Wendell Smallwood

Ereck "Dead" Flowers.

I hope to never see an entry in this thread that Alex Smith's contract was extended! This however would not be a total shocker.

I wouldn't be shocked to see an interior OL like Cooper and perhaps Haha are resigned by early March.

Thinking they look hard at G/C, TE and not so good QB's along with DB's and edge.

We should start this thread by listing all of the 2019 Redskins FA:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/washington-redskins/

Here they are:

WR:

Michael Floyd - 29

Maurice Harris - 26

Carlos Henderson - 24

ArDarius Stewart - 25

RB:

Adrian Peterson - 34

Byron Marshall - 25

Rob Kelley - 26

QB:

Mark Sanchez - 32

Josh Johnson - 33

OT:

Austin Howard - 32

Ty Nsheke - 33

OG:

Jonathan Cooper - 29

Arie Kouandjio - 27

OC:

Tony Bergstrom - 33

Luke Bowanko - 28

Zac Kerin - 28

OLB:

Pernell McPhee - 30

Preston Smith - 26

Marquise Flowers - 27

Zach Vigil - 28

DE:

Marcus Smith - 27

FS:

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - 26

That's it for the Redskins. The full list of FA can be found here:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/

@Riggo-toni since you started the thread, I would strongly suggest you to update the title with signings and the OP to keep it up to date :P

You might as well add a list of the most notable FA throughout the NFL to watch ;)

What a crop of free agents. I'm not sure how hard I'd try to retain any of 'em. Maybe Adrian Peterson? Cooper flashed as a guard for the game and a half he played. I think Josh Johnson earned a shot to compete for a back up role.

I really wanted Maurice Harris to emerge, but he's been given so many shots and hasn't. Every so often, we'll see a highlight catch from him, but it's just not enough. As for Marshall, he's too often injured and what's he done on the field when he gets there?  We should never have cut Bibbs who wasn't nearly as flashy, but produced and was dependable.

You guys can't see me... but I'm waving good bye to the entire list.

I'd hear a case for AP as a mentor for Guice if he REALLY wanted to be around. But if he has some doubts, let him spread his wings and go get a Lombardi with New England splitting carries with Sony.

The next on the list I'd bring back is Michael Floyd. How depressing is it that he's second on the list of FAs to retain? Yikes.

Gruden loves Crowder, but I'm hoping that one doesn't happen. Couple of the scrub OL will back. Personally I'd want AP back in the fold.

Elsewhere, Collins if the Giants let him loose. Doubtful.

ZaDarius Smith over Preston Smith perhaps. We will need edge.

Plus I like Luke Stocker, cheap vet TE, excellent blocker. 

19 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

in a season where we are going to go 3-13 to 6-10, time to give every rookie the chance to shine

I look at it as, I would like to look at the rookies and see how well Guice can perform at the NFL level, but at the same time, I don't want to waste too much of the tread on those tires in a wasted season so letting AP take a bulk of the carries seems smart.

8 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Just saw on NFL.com that the Jets cut Spencer Long.  Not sure if I prefer Long over Cooper, but it's worth thinking about.

Agree, Jets realised he wasn't worth over 6mil per year and his OC player got nailed. But there'd be worse options at LG. Would need a 50% drop in money though for me to consider it.

33 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Just saw on NFL.com that the Jets cut Spencer Long.  Not sure if I prefer Long over Cooper, but it's worth thinking about.

I dont think we showed any interest in resigning him before he left via FA. I doubt the FO is going to be looking at him again unless we get him for vet min.

Also, not a FA, but we'd save $5M if we ditch Vernon Davis. I'd get rid of either him or Reed, or even both, and find some younger talent. Reed isn't worth his contract, and Davis underperformed last season.

For Davis, the cap hit would be $1.3M to save $5M

For Reed, the cap hit would be $3.6M to save $6M

Though I want them to do nothing this off season to tank.  If they have to make a move, how about this guy.   Big dude and 4.42 speed. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-top-10-free-agent-wide-receivers-in-2019

2. TYRELL WILLIAMS

Cast into a primary role in 2016, Los Angeles Chargers’ Tyrell Williams caught 69-of-111 targets for 1,059 yards and seven touchdowns en route to a 75.6 overall grade. Yet, Keenan Allen’s return from injury and the addition for first-round Clemson product Mike Williams pushed Williams into the backseat in 2017 and 2018. Listed at 6-foot-4, 205 pounds, the soon-to-be 27-year-old Williams should have ample suitors willing to bet on his potential in free agency. 

On 2/4/2019 at 6:59 AM, Burgold said:

What a crop of free agents. I'm not sure how hard I'd try to retain any of 'em. Maybe Adrian Peterson? Cooper flashed as a guard for the game and a half he played. I think Josh Johnson earned a shot to compete for a back up role.

I really wanted Maurice Harris to emerge, but he's been given so many shots and hasn't. Every so often, we'll see a highlight catch from him, but it's just not enough. As for Marshall, he's too often injured and what's he done on the field when he gets there?  We should never have cut Bibbs who wasn't nearly as flashy, but produced and was dependable.

definitely resign Cooper and AP...

Archived