Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

55 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Seeing some rumblings on Twitter about Redskins involved with other teams over Golden Tate.  Not sure if it's true but I think the market for him might be in the $10 mil/yr range.  Seems too high to me.

Please no to Tate, bc you are right about his price range, and that is way too much for a declining wr.  It's one thing to use cap space inefficiently, but when you consider it would cancel out a comp pick coming our way, it would be a terrible idea.  The only wr I would have any interest in is if we could get a one at or near vet min, to save cap space and not lose a comp pick.  I don't know if Crabtree or Cobb might accept this as training camp nears and they want to continue playing. I'd assume they'd have better options, but who knows.  It's not that they are terribly exciting options anyways.

Considering free agency doesn't have many good options, and a draft pick usually take a few years to acclimate, wr looks pretty dire right now.  I know there are rumors for a big trade, but odds of that happening are slim to none.  

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Wonder who the trade rumor could be.

Vikings strapped on cap, ones of their receivers? Maybe Allen Robinsons contract is now too rich for the Bears to stomach, Lockett from Seattle. All random names. Pure guesses haha. Not sure AJ Green or Julio is viable.

The only stuff on Twitter is a guess, like the AJ Green one mentioned here and last I saw from some in the know, there hadn't been any interest in WR's.  That doesn't mean there isn't but it's viewed as a week market.  Given they are so bad at selecting one in the draft, it would not surprise me if a trade happened for one.  LOL

We either need to track who the Steeler's like in the draft or improve our scouting department in that area...

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

Add another comp. pick.

Hopefully it was for a high salary and he stays healthy.   I would have liked to see him return to see how he'd do with a full off-season, but I'm not losing any sleep over him either.  If all he could get is a one year deal, I'm guessing our front office isn't losing any sleep either.

I imagine they would have done better than 3-ish million if they wanted him. So either he didn't like it here or we wasted a 4th and didn't really want him. I wonder if the D coaches even knew we were dealing for him at the time

At least we didn’t sign him just to prove to ourselves last year it was the right decision. That’s progress.

He really wasn’t great and I’m thinking the coaching staff and FO is still high on Nicholson. Gruden called Nicholson the Reed of our defense going into last year, I don’t think a sophomore slump means they give up on him yet.

3 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Tre Boston. Let's go. Dude was just as good as Haha last year. Please NO to Eric Berry

Yep, we need to get Tre in here in a hurry.  Really surprised that Ha Ha signed a deal for 3 mill.  Wow!

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yep, we need to get Tre in here in a hurry.  Really surprised that Ha Ha signed a deal for 3 mill.  Wow!

How disappointing.... Ha Ha for a 1/3M contract is a steal. We dropped the ball here.

Ha-ha would of been a perfect fit next to Collins. 

I'm now thoroughly confused as to why we gave up a fourth rounder for him.

There's no way that in the half season he played for us the league perception of his value went from 4th rounder to basically worthless. 

I admit I know little about him but I was certain our goal was to either resign him or get a comp pick for a rental. 

Now I have no ****in idea what the plan was

Archived