Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

11 minutes ago, Art said:

You should continue your satire and scream about how we're too stupid to get a great player like OBJ, who'd never want to come here, because we suck and we're dumb and then if we get him, immediately write, he sucks, is a cancer and only a desperate team going no where would ever want him.   Do it and be great.

Back using all your powers for good again I see : )

5 minutes ago, Art said:

You should continue your satire and scream about how we're too stupid to get a great player like OBJ, who'd never want to come here, because we suck and we're dumb and then if we get him, immediately write, he sucks, is a cancer and only a desperate team going no where would ever want him.   Do it and be great.

I don't get what your getting at here...I'f Snyder opened up his check book I would imagine obj would wanna play here...my opinion don't matter **** what I like or want lol..I truly believe he's a good wr and would do good for this team.. Collins could possibly help with that...idk my emotions run with what y'all feed me..let's give our 15 pick for him..and maybe receive the Giants 2nd?

Just now, justice98 said:

I hadnt really factored in Nsekhe leaving.  He starts a quarter to 3rd of the games every year.

Yep a big loss in my opinion.... ohhhh whoops imo...I thought he covered quite well for Trent Williams when Williams was out..

1 hour ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

The FA class for 

Difficult to address this in FA though as the options available really are not better than what we have.  OL has been by far the most overpaid position group in FA in recent times.  Have to believe we look to address this with a couple of our higher draft picks, I am definitely on board with trading back in the first round if we can get another day 2 pick as there is a lot of value there in the 2nd and 3rd round this year.

Yeah I like the idea. Only issue with it comes with the fact that you're likely not getting a NFL starting Edge Rusher to replace Smith when they do that.  Maybe they can trade back and get an Edge and OG out of the move. They better be genius in the draft because the OL looks like a mass casualty incident. 

This dude below cracks me up.  He's been wrong a lot.  Combine meetings that didn't happen.  Pursuing players they never ended up chasing.  On and on.   He will eventually be right.  Broken clock is right twice a day.   I said earlier today most of his stuff is just parroting this dude on twitter, IB Incarcerated.  I posted early today's Ib's post about Tyrell Williams and I said that dude below will eventually echo it as if he has a direct pipeline to Redskins Park.  Hilarious.  I am only posting this because from time to time people here post this dude's tweets.   He's a fan who is selling that all of a sudden he became a JP Finlay level plugged in guy.    

As for Tyrell Williams, it wouldn't shock me, he'd fit the profile of a big WR which Jay said in one of his talks that they need.  But I think the dude is going to be overpaid like he's a #1 WR when he's not a #1.

24 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I hadnt really factored in Nsekhe leaving.  He starts a quarter to 3rd of the games every year.

Huge loss.  Neither of our tackles are 16-game players.  We don't have a left guard or any other depth on the line.

I thought he'd be a priority.

2 hours ago, bh32 said:

I was just visiting a Cowboys board and i must say they have some of the dumbest fans that i have ever heard talk about football..they are such a jealous fan base and bash every signing that every other team makes,by commenting how much a team over paid.. Yet Jerry the idiot is getting ready to dish out huge contracts to Dak and Lawrence and they will applaud it...lol

I have to defend Cowboys fans a bit here.  

1. The majority of fans on all NFL message boards are saying a lot of players are getting overpaid and that teams will regret the signings.  It isn't a Cowboy fan thing.  You should see the things all the "jealous" Giant's fans are saying about the Collins signing.  

2.  The vast majority of Cowboy fans do not think that Dak should be extended for top 10 QB money.  There is a lot of disagreement about how much is too much for Lawrence.  So, if Jerry does sign either to a big contract, you will also see a ton of Cowboys fans complaining that the Cowboys overpaid for their guys.

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

Huge loss.  Neither of our tackles are 16-game players.  We don't have a left guard or any other depth on the line.

I thought he'd be a priority.

he could have been but the Bills might be offering a chance of starting which we really couldn't

6 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I wonder if this lessens the appeal of  Keenum as a kicker in a Rosen trade..

Some reporters i listened to mocked the Keenum rumor saying if the Cards were that into him they could have picked up the phone and called Elway themselves.  If a nationally plugged in reporter like Schefter said that was their master plan, I'd have taken the idea more seriously.  But it just seemed like speculation on twitter that caught fire.  

From Breer 10 days or so ago.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/03/combine-dwayne-haskins-ohio-state-quarterback-2019-nfl-draft-news-mmqb

6. That doesn’t mean there wasn’t anything interesting to come out of these meetings, of course. Here’s one nugget: The Cardinals appear to be in the market for a veteran backup quarterback. On the front end, that could land Mike Glennon on the chopping block. On the back end, I’d pay attention—if it does happen—to what style of backup quarterback they bring in, because it could give us a tell into their plans re: Josh Rosen/Kyler Murray. And I can tell you one guy they’ve kicked tires on is Seattle’s Brett Hundley, which will only add fuel to the Murray-is-going-No. 1 fire.

3 minutes ago, Nerm said:

I have to defend Cowboys fans a bit here.  

1. The majority of fans on all NFL message boards are saying a lot of players are getting overpaid and that teams will regret the signings.  It isn't a Cowboy fan thing.  You should see the things all the "jealous" Giant's fans are saying about the Collins signing.  

2.  The vast majority of Cowboy fans do not think that Dak should be extended for top 10 QB money.  There is a lot of disagreement about how much is too much for Lawrence.  So, if Jerry does sign either to a big contract, you will also see a ton of Cowboys fans complaining that the Cowboys overpaid for their guys.

Oh come on..So if they pay Lawrence 20 mil and Dak 25 mil + plus will they be over paid? i mean Lawrence didn,t even get 13 sacks last year

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for Tyrell Williams, it wouldn't shock me, he'd fit the profile of a big WR which Jay said in one of his talks that they need.  But I think the dude is going to be overpaid like he's a #1 WR when he's not a #1.

Disagree somewhat Ty hasn't gotten a chance to be a #1 so IMO it's unfair to dismiss him - on this team he'd be a clear #1.  Problem is we have **** throwing the football.   

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Now I'm a bit confused.... does this help or hurt the Skins if they intend to try and work a trade with Zona for Rosen...?

On one hand, it seems to remove the possiblity of Case Keenum as a "sweetener of the pot" in a trade, but now, haven't the Cards basically told the entire world that they intend to move on from Rosen...?

2 minutes ago, fwo40 said:

Disagree somewhat Ty hasn't gotten a chance to be a #1 so IMO it's unfair to dismiss him - on this team he'd be a clear #1.  Problem is we have **** throwing the football.   

Ty would easily be a #1 here, our current #1 has played like #2 anyway 

Tyrell Williams does what Doctson doesn't and gets separation then catches the football.  

Id speculate that non of the Skins QBs in 2019 will have anytime to throw past 20 yards with their OL mass casualty situation. 

Basically theyre going to run to run the ballot and Tress Way will have a bruised foot. 

2 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Now I'm a bit confused.... does this help or hurt the Skins if they intend to try and work a trade with Zona for Rosen...?

On one hand, it seems to remove the possiblity of Case Keenum as a "sweetener of the pot" in a trade, but now, haven't the Cards basically told the entire world that they intend to move on from Rosen...?

In theory help.  Hundley would fit Murray more as a back up (more similar) than Rosen.  Usually you want your backup to fit the offense you are already running so the rest of the team doesn't have to adjust that much if the backup has to come in to play.

Good article on Collins from ESPN. I am shocked:

"It was everything you'd expect to hear sitting in the coaches office," said Bowen, now part of ESPN's NFL Matchup. "The things he told me were high-level stuff. The stuff you see pre-snap, that's where you find out who can take the game to another level. He was so well-versed in-game and with the opponent, to recall this in August, months after the season ended, was pretty impressive."

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/38254/landon-collins-provides-redskins-what-theyve-long-needed

1 minute ago, bh32 said:

Oh come on..So if they pay Lawrence 20 mil and Dak 25 mil + plus will they be over paid? i mean Lawrence didn,t even get 13 sacks last year

I can't define what anonymous message board posters will define as over paid if those things happen.  A good percentage of Cowboys fans would say that 10 million a year would be too much for Dak, because they don't think he is a starting quality player.  No Cowboys fans I know think Lawerence is an all-pro type stud that you give QB money to.  But, people will disagree about how much is too much for these guys, just like the Cousins discussions here last year.  Arguments about elite pay vs the trends of ever increasing "market rates" as the cap continues to go up.

2 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Id speculate that non of the Skins QBs in 2019 will have anytime to throw past 20 yards with their OL mass casualty situation. 

Could be why Hoffman keeps saying they love Marquise.  He's compared to Desean ironically but he's a take a screen, hitch, shallow cross, etc to the house kind of guy.  Worried about his injury, though.

1 minute ago, Nerm said:

I can't define what anonymous message board posters will define as over paid if those things happen.  A good percentage of Cowboys fans would say that 10 million a year would be too much for Dak, because they don't think he is a starting quality player.  No Cowboys fans I know think Lawerence is an all-pro type stud that you give QB money to.  But, people will disagree about how much is too much for these guys, just like the Cousins discussions here last year.  Arguments about elite pay vs the trends of ever increasing "market rates" as the cap continues to go up.

You know they're going to be negotiating the CBA soon as well.  There's no telling how high they'd push the cap number. It's not going any lower and the NFLPA wants a higher annual increase. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Was that the Lisfranc injury? 

If it is then hen it's a pass. Likely Doctson 2.0 injury issue that would push his timeline out 1-2 years for development. 

2 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Imo the Cardinals are just playing a poker game. They do this right before Murray's pro day. Since the Skins got Keenum maybe the cards are trying to get an upper hand on a deal in the future. Maybe not just the Skins but other teams too.  I personally think they will take Murray. No way they take Hundley as a backup. 

Archived