Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

12 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Losing Ty is no fun.

Time to fire up the Fat Boy Express!

This will put a spotlight on Trent Williams. We have seasons where he hasn't been able to play a full 16 games. With his size and now being past 30 it's going to be tough for him to get healthier with age. 

Moses will continue to truck out there being the walking wounded. Trent doesn't have that same 'play through pain' type ability (not saying that's a bad thing, just a thing). 

3 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Nah man. Collins and Smith won't exactly offset each other. My guess it will be something like Smith and Crowder. 

The safety market is still expensive. I'm hoping Haha gets a deal soon, otherwise threre really won't be much of a comp pick to speak of, meaning the 4th we gave up to get him doesn't get much cheaper. 

Comp picks are 1 to 1, even if they don't balance.  Smith/Collins will cancel.

Just now, jsharrin55 said:

Comp picks are 1 to 1, even if they don't balance.  Smith/Collins will cancel.

It's not a perfect formula. Many people predict the number of compensatory picks, but every year they are announced there are surprises. 

I'd add that we aren't done. We were in the race for CJM before he signed with the Jets, so my guess is we'll reallocate those resources to another location. 

So we got Collins and lost Ty. The Skins are a team with many holes. So we paid a ton of money for one hole and have got weaker on the offensive line losing Ty. Also haven't signed anyone else for any other holes. 

How many players did the Pat's sign yesterday? Nothing has changed with this team and the Skins aren't even close to the playoffs yet.

5 minutes ago, Unbias said:

It's not a perfect formula. Many people predict the number of compensatory picks, but every year they are announced there are surprises. 

I'd add that we aren't done. We were in the race for CJM before he signed with the Jets, so my guess is we'll reallocate those resources to another location. 

The formula isn't public, but certain rules are.  Lose 4 players, sign 3 and you'll get a pick.  The formula will determine where that pick is though. 

So I don't see how you can say " Nah man. Collins and Smith won't exactly offset each other. My guess it will be something like Smith and Crowder. "

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

Cancel Out CFAs Lost With CFAs Gained For Each Team

Finally, one each team’s list of CFAs lost and gained are determined and valued, one-to-one cancellations are applied.  Cancellations work as follows:

1. A CFA gained by a team cancels out the highest-valued available CFA lost that has the same round valuation of the CFA gained.
  2. If there is no available CFA lost in the same round as the CFA gained, the CFA gained will instead cancel out the highest-available CFA lost with a lower round value.
  3. A CFA gained will only cancel out a CFA lost with a higher draft order if there are no other CFAs lost available to cancel out.

Any team that has more CFAs lost than CFAs gained will then be eligible for compensatory picks for the CFAs lost that were not cancelled out by CFAs gained.

For a visual representation of how cancellations work, please visit our Compensatory Draft Picks Cancellation Chart to gain a better understanding of this complex process.

Do the Redskins consider signing RB Mark Ingram?  He was expected to resign with the Saints but the Saints signed Murray instead. He would be another Alabama player to bring that mentality to the offensive side and replace AP's role as a mentor in the RB room. Ingram was a mentor to Kimara in New Orleans.

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

So we got Collins and lost Ty. The Skins are a team with many holes. So we paid a ton of money for one hole and have got weaker on the offensive line losing Ty. Also haven't signed anyone else for any other holes. 

How many players did the Pat's signed yesterday? Nothing has changed with this team and the Skins aren't even close to the playoffs yet.

tumblr_nnxrjpusMz1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Just now, Gallen5862 said:

Do the Redskins consider signing RB Mark Ingram?  He was expected to resign with the Saints but the Saints signed Murray instead. He would be another Alabama player to bring that mentality to the offensive side and replace AP's role as a mentor in the RB room. Ingram was a mentor to Kimara in New Orleans.

I love Mark Ingram.  Not sure if he’s gonna fit into our cap structure.

I think a lot of teams will be tempted to throw at 2nd rounder to the Rams for Cory Littleton....

He's the QB of that defense... Littleton is the defensive signal caller and put forth a very productive year in 2018 as he registered 125 tackles, four sacks, one safety, 13 pass deflections, three interceptions, and one touchdown in his first season as a starter.

1 minute ago, Gallen5862 said:

Interesting question, but hard to justify until we do something more with the line. I wouldn't be against it, but with Ty gone they have to do something at LG NOT not lava flow.

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Would love to see us sign Williams but his price tag will be high.  

If they were willing to spend 15 million or so on Mosley (after the Collins signing) wonder if they still have that in them?  If so the big names that hit me is Justin Houston and Earl Thomas.   Only name I've seen linked to them but with a sketchy source on twitter is T. Williams.

1 minute ago, jsharrin55 said:

The formula isn't public, but certain rules are.  Lose 4 players, sign 3 and you'll get a pick.  The formula will determine where that pick is though. 

So I don't see how you can say " Nah man. Collins and Smith won't exactly offset each other. My guess it will be something like Smith and Crowder. "

So if it's player for player do you mean if we kept Smith than Collins = Ty? 

Like you mentioned it's not a public formula. I recall seeing a few sites dedicate space just to guess the picks and they always have some things that are wrong. I think the NFL will always lean towards less picks as it waters down the draft/UFDA market a bit. 

2 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I think a lot of teams will be tempted to throw at 2nd rounder to the Rams for Cory Littleton....

He's the QB of that defense... Littleton is the defensive signal caller and put forth a very productive year in 2018 as he registered 125 tackles, four sacks, one safety, 13 pass deflections, three interceptions, and one touchdown in his first season as a starter.

I really like Littleton but how much of his production was helped by the Rams front 4?

3 minutes ago, Gallen5862 said:

Since you're asking I'd say no. AP was team MVP last year and he'd come cheaper. Sign him and move on, Ingram will want more and AP is perfect for Guice. We have a good thing going in our backfield with who we have if we bring back AP. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If they were willing to spend 15 million or so on Mosley wonder if they still have that in them?  If so the big names that hit me is Justin Houston and Earl Thomas.   Only name I've seen linked to them but with a sketchy source on twitter is D. Williams.

He's the #1 WR on the market so he's waiting to get paid but I'd think he want in the neighborhood of around $11-$12 mill annually.  Fitzgerald got a 1 year $11 mill deal from AZ.

6 minutes ago, Unbias said:

So if it's player for player do you mean if we kept Smith than Collins = Ty? 

Like you mentioned it's not a public formula. I recall seeing a few sites dedicate space just to guess the picks and they always have some things that are wrong. I think the NFL will always lean towards less picks as it waters down the draft/UFDA market a bit. 

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

So this shows their current predictions (last year ended up being spot on).  When I first posted Crowder and Collins only players listed and both crossed out.  I edited to add the rule in the last post.

Collins is likely a 3rd rounder.  So first they would look to cross off a 3rd round comp (which from their predictions Smith is as well).  If we didn't lose a 3rd, then they more to the 4th (Crowder it seems), 5th (Ty)... and cross off next highest.

edit: if we sign a 4th and lost a 3rd and a 5th, I don't know how they calc that.  But each time should be one to one.

9 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

So this shows their current predictions (last year ended up being spot on).  When I first posted Crowder and Collins only players listed and both crossed out.  I edited to add the rule in the last post.

Collins is likely a 3rd rounder.  So first they would look to cross off a 3rd round comp (which from their predictions Smith is as well).  If we didn't lose a 3rd, then they more to the 4th (Crowder it seems), 5th (Ty)... and cross off next highest.

Yeah I saw that as well. I also looked at their predictions from last year and how well they fared. They were (39/32 - 1) 22% off. 

I like their chart and think the format is clearer than last year, but they are still less than 80% accurate. Add in that there's still a bunch of players out there I see no reason to start getting excited about 2020 picks. 

Archived