Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

29 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Re: Keenum vs Smith, I think we can expect slightly better production out of case vs. Smith.

Their stats are remarkably similar, and don't forget this team was 6-3 through 9 games with Smith's stats looking like this.. a rookie would probably have had better stats.

image.png.a90369be5b99c9c4fb875d245d7cd2de.png

Here's Keenum's 2018, a not so good year with a not so good broncos team:

image.png.ed662b855da864d8b8e2dd272833eebf.png

Personally, I think a 65% ish, 20 td 3600-3800 yard or so passer will do just fine, provided the running game matches or exceeds what it did last year.

It won't be the flashiest thing, but I think we can easily win 9-10 games with Keenum starting and a rookie being groomed on the bench behind him.

I think Keenum would at least match Smith's production (not a high bar to set) and best case he exceeds it by a good margin. I don't see a downside to it for a vet who likes to take shots downfield and a ball control offense.

Keenum turns the ball over too much, and it's not offset by his yards per attempt...he has to improve one or the other in order to be a QB this team can win with throughout the season.

29 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Everybody rational knows this, but you have to ignore this reality if you want to push the DUMPSTER FIRE narrative.

Especially now that KC is already wearing out his welcome in Minnesota.

I live in Minnesota and before the year everyone asked me about Cousins and I said the following, "Hey, I like Kirk.   He's a good player.   He'll have good numbers.   But he's just a guy.   He's not worth the money you're paying him, which is why we didn't, and we knew him better than anyone, and he won't actually make you better.   He'll just perform as your team does and win few games but lose only a couple, usually early in the season."

After the season they all confirmed I was right.   Cousins is just a guy.   And Cousins has a cap number HIGHER than Smith, Keenum and Colt for us.   We're fine in the equation.

28 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Re: Keenum vs Smith, I think we can expect slightly better production out of case vs. Smith.

Their stats are remarkably similar, and don't forget this team was 6-3 through 9 games with Smith's stats looking like this.. a rookie would probably have had better stats.

Personally, I think a 65% ish, 20 td 3600-3800 yard or so passer will do just fine, provided the running game matches or exceeds what it did last year.

It won't be the flashiest thing, but I think we can easily win 9-10 games with Keenum starting and a rookie being groomed on the bench behind him.

I think Keenum would at least match Smith's production (not a high bar to set) and best case he exceeds it by a good margin. I don't see a downside to it for a vet who likes to take shots downfield and a ball control offense.

It would not be fair to say either Colt or Case gives you much hope for a GREAT season, but, yes, Case is a passable guy who did just lead a team to the conference championship game.   I will say this though.   Smith in our offense at 6-3 was really a very depressing 6-3.   We were SO tight.   I know it takes time to learn a system so it's reasonable to anticipate he'd be better the longer he's with Gruden, but that style of play was so tedious to watch.   You can win with it, so long as you stay healthy.   We were winning with it.   But it wasn't joy to watch really.   EITHER Colt or Case gives  you something to watch that may not be as consistent a winner as Smith's style, but you'll enjoy watching us play far more.   I guarantee you either of those guys will sling it some and make plays Smith won't even conceive of making, but also make mistakes Smith couldn't even imagine attempting.

I kind of see Colt/Case as a bit of Fitzpatrick/Winston.   You start one, when it starts to level off and teams get on that guy, bring the other in for a while, then switch back and forth.   I do anticipate we'll enjoy watching our games more this year than last, even if we have a weaker record.   It'll just seem more fun.

23 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

LB Jordan Hicks to the Cards for 4yr/$36M w/ $20M guaranteed per Rapaport on NFL network.   Another ILB gone.

I'm big on the Mason Foster must go train, but Reuben Foster and Zach Brown is a good interior pair.   We were in on C.J. but wisely dropped as he realized he was a $17-million-a-year guy.   Hamilton could also be put there as he already was and did a fair job.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

If I trusted our coaches as teachers, I’d be really curious to see what Apke could do if given a shot. He’s really raw and seemed a bit lost, but he’s got such good range and speed. 

To be fair we have changed the coaches for this position group so I will reserve judgement for now.  In theory, Horton has a pretty good resume coaching DB's so we can be cautiously optimistic that he can develop our young core there and get the best out of Collins.  In general I like most of the moves we made with the position coaches I just worry that Manusky is still running the show.

6 minutes ago, Panninho said:

I always thought Beasley was underrated. Curious how he will perform with a new team.

I always like Beasley - and i am kind i glad he is out of Dallas - for some reason i always thought of Harry Potter (Ron beasley - i guess) when i saw him 

We carried a lot of "classified" LB'rs on the roster in 2018 minus Preston now and with UFA Flowers, Vigil, McPhee but adding Ruben Foster.

ILB's Ruben Foster, Shaun DH, Zach Brown, Mason Foster and Harvey-Clemons (hybrid)

The remaining would be "edge" - Kerrigan, Anderson and McKinzy

So yea, I can see how we're looking hard at an additional edge rusher.  We need to add a Vet and draft one IMO.

LB.jpg.92f9c24b753e28a83595946617af12e2.jpg

34 minutes ago, Burgold said:

If I trusted our coaches as teachers, I’d be really curious to see what Apke could do if given a shot. He’s really raw and seemed a bit lost, but he’s got such good range and speed. 

I forget about Apke. You would think Horton, who played S and has been around forEVER, would be a good guy to bring Apke along. 

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

We carried a lot of "classified" LB'rs on the roster in 2019 minus Preston now and with UFA Flowers, Vigil, McPhee but adding Ruben Foster.

ILB's Ruben Foster, Shaun DH, Zach Brown, Mason Foster and Harvey-Clemons (hybrid)

The remaining would be "edge" - Kerrigan, Anderson and McKinzy

So yea, I can see how we're looking hard at an additional edge rusher.

LB.jpg.92f9c24b753e28a83595946617af12e2.jpg

Didn't Dion Hamilton take over for Brown late in the season? 

25 minutes ago, Panninho said:

I always thought Beasley was underrated. Curious how he will perform with a new team.

IMO he was very scheme specific. If he's on the Pats he's a constant mismatch. If he's on the Falcons you forget his name. 

54 minutes ago, Art said:

I kind of see Colt/Case as a bit of Fitzpatrick/Winston.   You start one, when it starts to level off and teams get on that guy, bring the other in for a while, then switch back and forth.   I do anticipate we'll enjoy watching our games more this year than last, even if we have a weaker record.   It'll just seem more fun.

I think that's a great comparison and, likely, a good comp to how 2019 will go record-wise. 

Archived