Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

The guy they need to cut most is Ryan Kerrigan.   I would rather resign smith and cut him the keep him and let smith go.   Honestly both might need to go.  

Skins biggest weakness, besides qb, was on the edges and in space last year on defense.   We were solid up the middle and then teams started avoiding it and attacking us on the edges and we got DESTROYED.    Our OLB's are not athletic enough to hold the edges and then make tackles in space.  Sacks are not as important IMO.

THey also need ILB's that can do this too.  We need to upgrade the athleticism of ALL the LB's  to funnel people inside to our stud D line. 

My ideal scenario is getting Mack wilson from alabama in the second or third to play ILB and another OLB that can work in space, to shore up the defense.    Maybe keep smith or not IDK but kerrigan should go and both our ILB's should go.

25 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

The guy they need to cut most is Ryan Kerrigan.   I would rather resign smith and cut him the keep him and let smith go.   Honestly both might need to go.  

Skins biggest weakness, besides qb, was on the edges and in space last year on defense.   We were solid up the middle and then teams started avoiding it and attacking us on the edges and we got DESTROYED.    Our OLB's are not athletic enough to hold the edges and then make tackles in space.  Sacks are not as important IMO.

THey also need ILB's that can do this too.  We need to upgrade the athleticism of ALL the LB's  to funnel people inside to our stud D line. 

My ideal scenario is getting Mack wilson from alabama in the second or third to play ILB and another OLB that can work in space, to shore up the defense.    Maybe keep smith or not IDK but kerrigan should go and both our ILB's should go.

I couldn't disagree more about Kerrigan. He is strong vs the run. He posted 13, 13, 11, 9.5 and 13.5 sacks over the last 5 years. The only thing wrong with Kerrigan is that he is going to be 31 when the season starts and at some point is due for a drop off. His production is going to be hard to replace. If someone told me you'd get the above sack production from the 15th pick in the draft, I'd run to the podium. 

I think a big part of our defensive problem last year was the ILB's, and I agree with you that both should be replaced. Hopefully Foster replaces one of them. We need soeone with speed that can cover in the other spot as well. I'd love to draft that player this year. 

11 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I couldn't disagree more about Kerrigan. He is strong vs the run. He posted 13, 13, 11, 9.5 and 13.5 sacks over the last 5 years. The only thing wrong with Kerrigan is that he is going to be 31 when the season starts and at some point is due for a drop off. His production is going to be hard to replace. If someone told me you'd get the above sack production from the 15th pick in the draft, I'd run to the podium. 

I think a big part of our defensive problem last year was the ILB's, and I agree with you that both should be replaced. Hopefully Foster replaces one of them. We need soeone with speed that can cover in the other spot as well. I'd love to draft that player this year. 

Kerrigan has good looking numbers and he might be strong against the run up the middle but he is completely out classed in space and has been for many years.   This has been one of our biggest problems for a while IMO.   IF you go back and look and look at the games last year Neither of our OLB's are able to make plays when the offense starts attacking the edges and flats.   THere is something big missing there and while it can definitely improve with better ILB play, I think it is just as important to upgrade at OLB.

I agree about Foster.   It is amazing that we could potentially have upgraded at ILB for basically nothing but a little bad press last year.   Not a big fan of our FO but getting Foster was a genius move IMO.  I have never been a big fan of people trying to play the morality police with public figures who only are known to us through the press.   Foster might indeed be a horrible person but unless he is convicted of a crime I am not going to pass judgement on him.   He will still get the benefit of the doubt from me until proven otherwise. 

1 minute ago, EasternNCbywayofNOVA said:

On an app where you pay celebrities to say things. Any Redskin fan can pay for a birthday shoutout and get him to say Hail to the Redskins. 

Well apps, Twitter, Facebook, snap chat,all that Bs is Bs to me and I didn't know, so I'm sorry lol

1 minute ago, rumplestilskin said:

That video means nothing. 

Probably but its getting some run on twitter including a reporter.  But agree probably doesn't mean anything.   GB was more aggressive last year in Fa than normal for them should be interesting to see what they do after a down year. 

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Probably but its getting some run on twitter including a reporter.  But agree probably doesn't mean anything.   GB was more aggressive last year in Fa than normal for them should be interesting to see what they do after a down year. 

Well the reason why I say that is because if he knows he is going to GB it would mean tampering has happened.

I really enjoy players the Redskins draft and stay a Redskin regardless of what's going on..

Chris Samuel's

Ryan Kerrigan

Trent Williams

Jordan Reed

Chris Cooley

Sean Taylor (r.i.p)

Jon Jansen

List goes on..so when I start seeing "**** can so n so" it don't set easy with me.. kerrigan and Williams will retire here than help coach here or something.

1 hour ago, rumplestilskin said:

Well the reason why I say that is because if he knows he is going to GB it would mean tampering has happened.

GB are apparently hot on Preston Smith, could be 16mil per year deal...

15 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I can't help but to think we're still in the running for Brown.. we all have to agree that case keenum had a good season in Minnesota when they went to the playoffs right?.. I think a big part of that was the wide receiver play...hmmmm

Kind of agree here. I think we will have to look for a major upgrade at WR. Not sure about Brown, but it would not surprise me at all...or we could look for that dynamic playmaker via the draft.

I also think Gruden would take DJax back....

I’m always surprised by the folks who continue to be impressed by Kerrigans stats. Anyone who’s been to a Redskins training camp over the last four years knows that Kerrigan is easily the slowest and most hobbled man on defense. 

I love Kerrigans professionalism and he’s been a great ambassador for this team but he’s now making his living off the talent that’s around him, instead of his own. 

Is it me or is it too quiet at Redskins Park. I remember when we knew we were signing London Fletcher at the ProBowl. How times have changed. Tampering period starts in 48 hours so cuts, New deals and news on possible free-agency signings should be happening very soon. 

HTTR 

11 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Is it me or is it too quiet at Redskins Park. I remember when we knew we were signing London Fletcher at the ProBowl. How times have changed. Tampering period starts in 48 hours so cuts, New deals and news on possible free-agency signings should be happening very soon. 

HTTR 

I would have thought that cuts would have already happened as a lot of teams have cut the players they intended to.  My guess is we should see that today or tomorrow.  My thinking is that Allen is trying to trade overpaid players or players with injuries (Norman, Reed etc.). 

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I really enjoy players the Redskins draft and stay a Redskin regardless of what's going on..

Chris Samuel's

Ryan Kerrigan

Trent Williams

Jordan Reed

Chris Cooley

Sean Taylor (r.i.p)

Jon Jansen

List goes on..so when I start seeing "**** can so n so" it don't set easy with me.. kerrigan and Williams will retire here than help coach here or something.

I think Jon Jansen went to the Lions for a year and got nicked up but i hear ya

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I can't help but to think we're still in the running for Brown.. we all have to agree that case keenum had a good season in Minnesota when they went to the playoffs right?.. I think a big part of that was the wide receiver play...hmmmm

I know I'm in the minority, but I kind of hope we are. We are in DESPERATE need of a true #1 WR. Don't know where he ranks, but he easily a top 5 WR. If signing him doesn't obliterate our salary cap I'm fine with signing him. Don't feel like using a top pick on that position, especially if it ain't on one of the top 1-2 WR prospects in the draft (which it won't be). This team needs some ELITE talent.

Archived