Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

23 hours ago, arftech said:

Um, no thank you.  Team already has a similar player and he's a disaster of a linebacker!😂

Hail Em Up!

I'm not a big fan of Mason either. My immediate reaction is they need look at another ILB. There are not many decent players available right now and there would be no loss of a player or draft resources to bring him in. Evidently others feel similar or they wouldn't have posted all of the info above. Mason may end out being a starter this year, that is a tough pill to swallow. My understanding is he dropped some weight, hopefully it helps a  little with speed...although it won't make him quick enough to deserve being a starter.

15 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I'm not a big fan of Mason either. My immediate reaction is they need look at another ILB. There are not many decent players available right now and there would be no loss of a player or draft resources to bring him in. Evidently others feel similar or they wouldn't have posted all of the info above. Mason may end out being a starter this year, that is a tough nut to swallow. My understanding is he dropped some weight, hopefully it helps a  little with speed...although it won't make him quick enough to deserve being a starter.

Promote from within by moving Anderson to the inside.

Hail Em Up!

https://nfltraderumors.co/raiders-working-out-te-erik-swoope-also-has-interest-from-redskins-buccaneers/

Raiders working out TE Erik Swoope, also has interest from the Redskins and Buccaneers

13 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

If Bruce is reading the internet, he will be looking at a trade for Reggie Ragland, seen as a poor fit in the Chiefs 4-3 this year.

That's the name I keep hearing in my head as well. also a Bama boy...

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/04/alabama-lbs-tell-all-about-former-teammate-reggie-ragland/

Alabama LBs tell all about former teammate Reggie Ragland

A lot of good info in there and our very own SDH is quoted, talking specifically about how Reggie is like a big brother to him... Though not sure he'd like him too much if he came in and took his position.

Ed Sheahin is telling everyone to stay the course, meaning he thinks SDH and the newly draft Combs will fit in well. Noted SDH was taking first team snaps ahead of Reuben.

10 hours ago, arftech said:

Hail Em Up!

Funny thing about your idea is that Nick Saban thought Anderson could play ILB.

Ryan Anderson played great for us,” Saban said while watching the South team’s Tuesday practice. “I mean the guy had 9-10 sacks and double-digit tackles for loss and was a really good leader on our team. A very, very consistent performer. He can probably play inside backer or outside backer and he’s got some pass-rush ability. I think his versatility as a player creates a lot of value for him.”   

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Alabama-Crimson-Tide-Football-LB-Ryan-Anderson-using-advice-from-cousin-Nick-Saban-at-Senior-Bowl-50861989/

12 hours ago, arftech said:

Hail Em Up!

Hadn't really thought of that but it makes a lot of sense to try him there! He has the size some speed and he is smarts for it.

10 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Everyone's going to want to know how fast he is, though.

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Jon&l=Bostic&i=10158

Jon Bostic NFL Combine Scores

ILB [] Florida [] Southeastern Conference [] Division I-FBS

Player Info

First Name: Jon
Last Name: Bostic
Nickname:  
Position: ILB
College: Florida
Draft Class: 2013
Draft Age: 21.11

Player Dimensions

Height: 72.88 inches
Weight: 245 pounds
BMI: 33.21
Arm Length: 33.08 inches
Hand Size: 9.63 inches
Front Shoulder: (N/A) inches
Back Shoulder: (N/A) inches

Measurables

40 Yard Dash: 4.61 seconds
40 Yard (MPH): 17.75 (MPH)
20 Yard Dash: 2.67 seconds
10 Yard Dash: 1.59 seconds
Bench Press: 22 reps (225 lb)
Wonderlic: 23 (0-50)
QB Ball Velocity: (N/A) (MPH)
Vertical Leap: 32.5 inches
Broad Jump: 118 inches
20 Yd Shuttle: 4.24 seconds
Shuttle Split: (N/A) seconds
Three Cone: 6.99 seconds
60 Yd Shuttle: (N/A) seconds
Four Square: (N/A) seconds

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'm sure he could, because from the sound of your post, Ted Ginn and Trey Quinn must have just had a baby together, so I'd sure hope Bostic could outrace a baby.

Oh yep I see what I did there lol good eye mate

I like the pick up!!..there wasn’t a whole lot of options left out there as far as an experience stand point to plug and play and we don’t have the luxury of signing an UDFA to develop in a matter of months..Watching Bostic highlights,the man can cover and plays the line well..No,he definitely is Not RF by no means,but I think he plays better than say,resigning Compton back to the squad!!

It ain’t a super sexy move,but definitely a serviceable pickup IMO...any other thoughts????????

29 minutes ago, Mr.Will said:

I like the pick up!!..there wasn’t a whole lot of options left out there as far as an experience stand point to plug and play and we don’t have the luxury of signing an UDFA to develop in a matter of months..Watching Bostic highlights,the man can cover and plays the line well..No,he definitely is Not RF by no means,but I think he plays better than say,resigning Compton back to the squad!!

It ain’t a super sexy move,but definitely a serviceable pickup IMO...any other thoughts????????

All things considered, it is a prudent move. He has made plays and is serviceable. Better than many will probably think. What I want though, in all honesty, is for Holcomb to be a draft day "steal". He has physical attributes that may work in his favor. Hope springs eternal. Hail

5 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

All things considered, it is a prudent move. He has made plays and is serviceable. Better than many will probably think. What I want though, in all honesty, is for Holcomb to be a draft day "steal". He has physical attributes that may work in his favor. Hope springs eternal. Hail

Yeah,I like Holcomb a lot..at least having Bostic,it’ll let Holcomb learn and develop and hopefully by mid season he’ll be ready to make the move on seeing more playing time!

Archived