Riggo-toni

The 2019 Free Agency Tracker -Added: Landon Collins, Rodgers-Cromartie, Flowers. Lost:Preston Smith, Nsekhe, Crowder, HaHa

Recommended Posts

I would rather not sign a vet guard, especially not having addressed it already. If they suck, we can sign somebody but if like to give them chances to win it and develop. 

 

Side note, i kinda hope that Flowers loses out to Christian too. Hopefully he develops into a solid swing tackle and we can pick up an UDFA to man the spot behind him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Guards Brandon Fusco was just released by Atl Has Started 87 games at G, rated number 46 G by pff, totally and completely avg but an experienced body.

 

Not advocating but sharing the info.

6E1B8543-3505-49ED-9E18-67F4A10DEC21.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think May 7th and beyond is the date where signing a free agent doesn't affect compensatory picks.  That's likely when the second round of FA activity will happen.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what? Sign me up for some Michael Crabtree. I find him underwhelming, he'd fit right in.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

You know what? Sign me up for some Michael Crabtree. I find him underwhelming, he'd fit right in.

 

Crabtree has caught himself some TDs the last few years. I say the fans and the Skins could all use a little crabs. 🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope I'm wrong, but Ereck Flowers feels like another TJ Clemmings to me, so I think we should be on the lookout for someone who can play the swing tackle. That could be Geron Christian...maybe.  He hasn't done anything to gain my confidence.  

 

Once May 7 rolls around, I hope we sign Tre Boston. If we don't, then we'll be fooling around with Nicholson and Apke at FS....maybe DRC, Adonis Alexander, or Jimmy Moreland. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go get Berry. We've got almost every position on defense locked down and with depth and a giant ****ing hole at FS. Berry puts this defense over the top. We'd have a crap load of money at the safety positions, but a QB and RB on rookie deals. Finish the defense right now. 2yr deal gives us time to groom replacements. Why the **** this team loves not addressing that position is beyond me, then we get our doors blown off by passing teams because it's easy to get behind our secondary. Close it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Go get Berry. We've got almost every position on defense locked down and with depth and a giant ****ing hole at FS. Berry puts this defense over the top. We'd have a crap load of money at the safety positions, but a QB and RB on rookie deals. Finish the defense right now. 2yr deal gives us time to groom replacements. Why the **** this team loves not addressing that position is beyond me, then we get our doors blown off by passing teams because it's easy to get behind our secondary. Close it.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Berry has shown  to be one of the best safeties in the NFL over the last 8 to 10 years. The young guys would learn a lot from working with him. Depending upon the contract, low-risk and high reward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, teamcal00 said:

Berry has shown  to be one of the best safeties in the NFL over the last 8 to 10 years.

Certainly not the last two.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Go get Berry. We've got almost every position on defense locked down and with depth and a giant ****ing hole at FS. 

 

Berry is more of a strong safety than FS. He also has had his last two years cut short by first an achilles and then a heel injury. Buyer beware.

 

I would be more interested in Tre Boston who is a true FS. But I would also be interested in why he is now looking for his fourth team after playing pretty well while at the last three, two of which were one year stops - is there something off field or about him that wears out his welcome?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding Brandon Fusco, he was released due to a failed physical due to his broken leg... He may not play again.

 

I wouldb't be surprised if Eric Berry retires as well... Nowhere near the player he was and hasn't been in the last few years, if he's even been at the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MartinC said:

But I would also be interested in why he is now looking for his fourth team after playing pretty well while at the last three, two of which were one year stops - is there something off field or about him that wears out his welcome?

Yeah, and if the Redskins want the inside scoop on him they need only ask norman as they were teammates for two years in Carolina. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MartinC said:

 

Berry is more of a strong safety than FS. He also has had his last two years cut short by first an achilles and then a heel injury. Buyer beware.

 

I would be more interested in Tre Boston who is a true FS. But I would also be interested in why he is now looking for his fourth team after playing pretty well while at the last three, two of which were one year stops - is there something off field or about him that wears out his welcome?

He can play FS better than most FS starting now, especially whoever we're going to miscast back there. Perhaps we get him on a prove it deal and it buys us some time.

 

Curious about Boston. I'd guess Norman can answer your questions though

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

He can play FS better than most FS starting now, especially whoever we're going to miscast back there. Perhaps we get him on a prove it deal and it buys us some time.

 

I just dont think he has the range now to play single high. He could probably play in C2 scheme but even then I would worry about him isolated on deep routes - I still have flash backs to Laron Landry in deep coverage ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Signing Eric Berry would be paying for a name and not production at this point.  Berry was beloved in Kansas City and they wouldn't even entertain keeping him around on a reduced contract.  I know he wants to play but considering his recent injury history I wouldn't be shocked if he retired before pre-season. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I would rather not sign a vet guard, especially not having addressed it already. If they suck, we can sign somebody but if like to give them chances to win it and develop. 

 

Agree, think Cooper was promising last year and would be someone I would consider bringing back IF required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d take Tre Boston in a second. Not sure how he’s still available. It’d be nothing short of negligent to go into the season with Nicholson and Apke as our only two options at FS. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, terpfan said:

I’d take Tre Boston in a second. Not sure how he’s still available. It’d be nothing short of negligent to go into the season with Nicholson and Apke as our only two options at FS. 

I just noticed that he's only 26...Wow. A possible long term solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Speaking of Guards Brandon Fusco was just released by Atl Has Started 87 games at G, rated number 46 G by pff, totally and completely avg but an experienced body.

 

Not advocating but sharing the info.

 

 

 

Nope, don't want this guy...his battery level is only 7%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I think we drafted some decent replacements for both Preston and Jamison, don't you guys ?

I do ..I think Quinn was drafted last year to replace Crowder but overall I think they did an a+ job replacing them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I do ..I think Quinn was drafted last year to replace Crowder but overall I think they did an a+ job replacing them 

 

Yea, you could make a case for McLaurin playin the slot, too.

Gonna be some hard decisions at WR. Someone notable will be gone, or maybe 2 :

 

Doctson

Richardson

Quinn

R. Davis

Sims

McLaurin

Harmon

Chesson (does he make it just for ST, or can any of the above fill that role ?)

 

and some others that do have a chance.

Maybe Sims and Davis hit the PS.

 

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.