Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

and here I was wondering about that exact things  Teams are getting the big name players they can't wait on, then drafting and then once that's done and they don't stand to lose anything then they're going after the lower level guys.  It makes sense.

but why is DRC in his comp pick cancellation thing.  He was retired

Ok so someone explain to me the conversation right now..I seriously don't understand the comp pick thing...I am seriously asking for someone to break it down to me like I am a 5 year old.

The only thing I understand is..well...we got extra draft picks this year from players that went to different teams.

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Ok so someone explain to me the conversation right now..I seriously don't understand the comp pick thing...I am seriously asking for someone to break it down to me like I am a 5 year old.

The only thing I understand is..well...we got extra draft picks this year from players that went to different teams.

if you lose more players than you gain the then NFL gives you compensation in the form of draft picks which fit between rounds 3-7.  It's actually hard to go into more detail cause they keep the formula for figuring it secret

16 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Eagles fleece another team... got to give Howie Roseman credit there. He got Ajayi for peanuts last year too... 

we wouldve given away our 1st rounder and then traded Scherff for a 7th rounder... half kidding

Agreed...great pickup.

TBH, the comp pick thing doesnt make sense to me in the NFL. Why reward teams for letting players walk? Its a capped league with a floor and HEAVY revenue sharing. 

I understand it in baseball 100%, or even the NBA a iittle...but not the NFL.

It was one of the few reasons I was interested in AJ green for a 3rd. We would recoup a 3rd/4th next year when he signed elsewhere.

16 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Eagles fleece another team... got to give Howie Roseman credit there. He got Ajayi for peanuts last year too... 

we wouldve given away our 1st rounder and then traded Scherff for a 7th rounder... half kidding

Eagles are definitely a well run organization. As for the Bears this is a smart move on their part. If you know that you won’t resign a player, then trade him before you lose them for nothing. Even if the pick is low, it’s still better than going away empty-handed (Preston Smith, Crowder, Kirk). 

What ultimate difference does last year make? 3 years in league, shown he can be productive and its a 2020 6th rounder for a lead back that since hes been in the league is 3rd in yards after contact. Its absolute peanuts for a guy of his caliber and only missed 1 game. If he wasnt good, why/how would most know who he is? 

20 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

What ultimate difference does last year make? 3 years in league, shown he can be productive and its a 2020 6th rounder for a lead back that since hes been in the league is 3rd in yards after contact. Its absolute peanuts for a guy of his caliber and only missed 1 game. If he wasnt good, why/how would most know who he is? 

some guys are one years wonders and some running backs flame out before their second contracts

57 minutes ago, pcbothwel said:

Agreed...great pickup.

TBH, the comp pick thing doesnt make sense to me in the NFL. Why reward teams for letting players walk? Its a capped league with a floor and HEAVY revenue sharing. 

I understand it in baseball 100%, or even the NBA a iittle...but not the NFL.

It was one of the few reasons I was interested in AJ green for a 3rd. We would recoup a 3rd/4th next year when he signed elsewhere.

because the owners had to accept free agency, but they couldn't do it without getting something back.  Plus comp picks are from the CBA that first allowed free agency and a cap as it is, and I'm pretty sure the floor was only added with a later CBA

32 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Personally, as a Redskins fan I hope Howard's ypc trend continues in 2019 lol...

Comp picks are the NFL's way of helping teams who lost key players in free agency. The picks are determined by some combination of size of the contract of any players lost, size of the contract of any players gained, whether or not the players were cut, if the players were signed before or after the draft, players' shoe size, zodiac signs, local weather reports, player's ability to juggle, and favorite Dustin Hoffman movie. There's also something about comp picks in the CBA involving spatulas and Conway Twitty.

You're welcome...

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Master Blaster said:

Yet another "I know the name so they did well" post. 

What was Howard's YPC last year?

He has OK numbers but his production has fallen off every year and he doesn't really contribute to the passing game but it seems like everyone thinks he is going to put the fecles over the top. What am I missing here??

5 minutes ago, repo_4 said:

He has OK numbers but his production has fallen off every year and he doesn't really contribute to the passing game but it seems like everyone thinks he is going to put the fecles over the top. What am I missing here??

I feel like the Bears shifted carries to Cohen, as they changed their offense with Trubinski.  I don't watch enough Bears to be certain, but thought Howard did well, just less touches.  Eagles will limit that some potentially, so maybe it doesn't help, but I think he still a solid RB.

2 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

I feel like the Bears shifted carries to Cohen, as they changed their offense with Trubinski.  I don't watch enough Bears to be certain, but thought Howard did well, just less touches.  Eagles will limit that some potentially, so maybe it doesn't help, but I think he still a solid RB.

I don't know him and don't watch Bears games. His stats don't say terrible but they also don't scream GOAT either. It just seems like all the reactions I see (not necessarily on here) are that the eagles just signed Marshall Faulk 2.0. Common knowledge was that AP couldn't catch out of the backfield. Last year he had 208 yards on 20 catches while Howard had 20 catches for 145 yards. And even if he did have somewhat limited carries (AP had 251 to Howards 250) he only averaged 3.7 per while AP, at 147 years old, had 4.1 per behind our mash unit of a line. I think he would make a good backup or back to split carries and for a 6th it was a deal. I just don't get the hype about how much better the eagles are now...🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, repo_4 said:

I don't know him and don't watch Bears games. His stats don't say terrible but they also don't scream GOAT either. It just seems like all the reactions I see (not necessarily on here) are that the eagles just signed Marshall Faulk 2.0. Common knowledge was that AP couldn't catch out of the backfield. Last year he had 208 yards on 20 catches while Howard had 20 catches for 145 yards. And even if he did have somewhat limited carries (AP had 251 to Howards 250) he only averaged 3.7 per while AP, at 147 years old, had 4.1 per behind our mash unit of a line. I think he would make a good backup or back to split carries and for a 6th it was a deal. I just don't get the hype about how much better the eagles are now...🤷‍♂️

From what Bears fans are saying, they thought he was a good runner, but he had to be let go because he was NOT a Marshall Faulk type player.  They think he can be an effective player in the run game, but is not able to contribute catching the ball out of the backfield.  It seems that most Bears fans are saying the Bears offense was noticeably less effective when he was in the game last year.  They say he was a terrible fit for the scheme, but not a terrible RB.  They do give him credit as a very good blocker when asked to stay in and protect.

as good as he looked his first two years, it is surprising, but one of the biggest offseason priorities the Bears had was replacing him.  I don't know how well he fits the Eagles scheme, but I will say that for a 2020 6th round pick, there is no downside to bringing him in.  He is young, has been very productive, and is likely to be the best RB on their team.

Archived