Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

44 minutes ago, TerrificTim said:

Nobody is talking about the guy we picked up in the supplemental draft. I like the DRC move for safety depth but let our young corners play.

A. Alexander??  Yes, let him play. There are mixed reports on him, many like the initial reports on Nicholson. Potential but no guarantees. Certainly nothing to think he should be penciled in to be a starter at this point.

1 hour ago, D’Pablo said:

I would have gladly had one of those bums on the roster during the season when we were scouring the scrapheap for d-list Canadian league free agents.

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

True, but we did the exact same strategy last year. The draft didn't pan out, so we got left with rejects that were worse than bums. At the very least, we should have an emergency plan that doesn't involve hoping our injured guard doesn't get injured.

There are only so many roster spots for any given position. Bums are bums because they either suck **** or they are injury prone. The scraps that are available right now are bums and wont save us from the past problems. It's gotta be the draft or someone better being cut later.

3 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

There are only so many roster spots for any given position. Bums are bums because they either suck **** or they are injury prone. The scraps that are available right now are bums and wont save us from the past problems. It's gotta be the draft or someone better being cut later.

The bums that are available now are better than the bums that will be available after Shawn Luavao goes on IR week 5. The best bums are going to be picked through and signed from this first free agency. We'd have to be very lucky to get a more rounded bum than what we got last time. To trust that luck to change this year is a bad plan. Besides, what's to stop us from cutting our own bums after preseason if they're really that bad?

Something else we have to start getting ready to look at are the futures of our starting OT'S, Both Williams and Moses are often injured, losing a step(Williams) or playing injured but a yellow flag waiting to happen(Moses). I've just been looking at both there cap figures going forward and we can clear 20m in cap space in 2020(Williams 12.5m and Moses 7.5m), I'm not saying I would release either of them but a good FO would surely be keeping an eye on the situation. 

HTTR 

40 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Something else we have to start getting ready to look at are the futures of our starting OT'S, Both Williams and Moses are often injured, losing a step(Williams) or playing injured but a yellow flag waiting to happen(Moses). I've just been looking at both there cap figures going forward and we can clear 20m in cap space in 2020(Williams 12.5m and Moses 7.5m), I'm not saying I would release either of them but a good FO would surely be keeping an eye on the situation. 

HTTR 

Think Jason Peters if wondering about Williams playing effectively in his 30s. Hall of fame talents are a different breed, man. 

21 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Jared Cook, interesting. Sign him up.

The trade Jordan Reed away for a 4th rounder. 

Sign me up for another 13 games healthy. 

4 hours ago, Murphs56 said:

Not really big on this DRC move. Didn't we cut Scandrick last year to make room for our young corners? 

They released Scandrick because he was bad. My guess is the contract for DRC will be similar. And if he is bad they will release him too. It's still just March. Lot's of off-season to go before a final 53 is determined.

Jared cook sucks. No thank you. 

Just like the penchant for all things tampa bay, the Skins under Bruce Allen sure do seem to sign a lot of players that have played well against them in the past. 

It makes me feel as if someone is not correctly assessing free agency talent and just going off of who has burned us in the past. Just a hunch. 

IMO we definitely need a blocking TE, but don't see us getting one in FA. I would love it if we could land Hockensen in the draft, but I don't think it would necessarily be as a replacement for Jordan Reed.

I mean should Reed even be classified as a TE, isn't he more of a big slot receiver?

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

IMO we definitely need a blocking TE, but don't see us getting one in FA. I would love it if we could land Hockensen in the draft, but I don't think it would necessarily be as a replacement for Jordan Reed.

I mean should Reed even be classified as a TE, isn't he more of a big slot receiver?

Yeah basically that's what TE's are now.  He doesn't block.  Reed and Davis are two of the best receiver options in the current system.  Need to find a WR in FA somehow or they're not going to do anything next year. 

Jared Cook is kind of meh. 2018 he posted career numbers on a terrible team that just worked over their WR corps. This is the same guy that just put up crap numbers with Aaron Rodgers a few years back. He's not better than Reed, though probably will be healthier. I'd say he's an upgrade over Davis, but at what cost? How much money would you have to give and you'll like forfeit either a 4th or 5th round compensatory pick to do so. And let's not forget he'll be 32 next month and doesn't block. Davis has stayed productive into his 30s, but would I trade Davis, a 4th/5th round pick, and another $10 million in cash to get Cook? Cause that's effectively what it is. And the answer is probably not.

6 hours ago, goskins10 said:

They released Scandrick because he was bad. My guess is the contract for DRC will be similar. And if he is bad they will release him too. It's still just March. Lot's of off-season to go before a final 53 is determined.

They released Scandrick because Moreau needed to play.

Just now, Murphs56 said:

They released Scandrick because Moreau needed to play.

Sorry but you are incorrect. They released Scandrick because he was not good, period. This is a business. They would never keep someone who they think is better than another player unless there are CAP implications. Scandrick was virtually free. And they could get Moreau playing time with Scandrick on the team if Scandrick was good enough. He was not. He was horrible. Reports out of training camp were that he was getting beat all over the place by just about everyone he lined up against. 

He was released because he played poorly, nothing more nothing less. 

1 minute ago, max21 said:

They released Scandrick because no one liked him. 

There were reports that he was running his mouth. I heard that too, from several different sources. Had he backed it up, all would have been good. But when you run your mouth about how good you are and then suck **** when it's time to play, you get sent packing. He got sent packing. 

Just now, max21 said:

They released Scandrick because no one liked him. 

Yeah I think it was more chemistry related.  I remember reading an article on how the dbs were close knit, but then scandrick would be off by himself.  If you are talented enough, that's fine, but if you are a JAG, which he is at this point of his career, he's not worth it, might as well give a young guy a shot. 

16718.png&w=43&h=60&scale=crop&backgroun

7. Darqueze Dennard, CB

2018 team: Cincinnati Bengals | Age: 27

Previous ranking: 50

A rock-solid slot cornerback is more valuable than you might realize on the open market. Dennard was part of a secondary ranked among the top 10 last season by Pro Football Focus.

He's only 27 and is the 7th rated CB remaining on ESPN. Slot CB probably isn't as big a need as a standout boundary CB. 

Also, is there any thought about Ezekiel Ansah? People talk about Houston a lot, but not about Ansah. 

9 hours ago, NickyJ said:

The bums that are available now are better than the bums that will be available after Shawn Luavao goes on IR week 5. The best bums are going to be picked through and signed from this first free agency. We'd have to be very lucky to get a more rounded bum than what we got last time. To trust that luck to change this year is a bad plan. Besides, what's to stop us from cutting our own bums after preseason if they're really that bad?

Oh I see, a warm body for the sake of replacing a warm body. Based on who is out there who do you suggest should be a good pick up? Oh and BTW Shawn Luavao is not on the team.

4 hours ago, London Kev said:

I feel like we were lacking at TE, in talent and utilization.   Sprinkle for all his blocking should be wide open in PAP short yardage several times per year.  If we aren't going to pass to him, maybe an extra OL would be more effective. At least he finally caught a pass but I think it took ~300 snaps. Reed survived last year but was no longer a dynamic threat like in years past.   Davis had issues with drops seemingly all year. 

None of the 3 were utilized in the red zone to my liking, notably Reed.  You can line him up wide and see if he gets doubled, and go from there.  I heard an interview on 980 and they said when Reed is lined up to block, D's can expect to easily beat him.  Maybe he needs to be officially converted to WR.  He did cut back on the penalties, at least.

We have bigger problems to address in the short term, and think we will muck it out with those 3 again.

1 hour ago, rumplestilskin said:

Oh I see, a warm body for the sake of replacing a warm body. Based on who is out there who do you suggest should be a good pick up? Oh and BTW Shawn Luavao is not on the team.

Josh Sitton, TJ Lang... Even Zane Beadles. Jonathan Cooper even, though I wouldn't really be satisfied with that since he went down with injury so fast as well.

By the way, this time last season, Shawn Luavao was off the team too, all the way to May.

6 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Josh Sitton, TJ Lang... Even Zane Beadles. Jonathan Cooper even, though I wouldn't really be satisfied with that since he went down with injury so fast as well.

By the way, this time last season, Shawn Luavao was off the team too, all the way to May.

LOL. How would those old always injured guys solve our problem? How are they any different than Shaun Luavao other than a different name? TJ Lang is never healthy. Sutton has a ripped shoulder. Cooper I could see but you can't count on him to last more than 1/2 a season. Beadles. I mean really?  These guys are on the street for a reason because they can't stay healthy. I do understand we need some guys on the line but honestly not from that list of Zombies. 

2 hours ago, Jericho said:

Jared Cook is kind of meh. 2018 he posted career numbers on a terrible team that just worked over their WR corps. This is the same guy that just put up crap numbers with Aaron Rodgers a few years back. He's not better than Reed, though probably will be healthier. I'd say he's an upgrade over Davis, but at what cost? How much money would you have to give and you'll like forfeit either a 4th or 5th round compensatory pick to do so. And let's not forget he'll be 32 next month and doesn't block. Davis has stayed productive into his 30s, but would I trade Davis, a 4th/5th round pick, and another $10 million in cash to get Cook? Cause that's effectively what it is. And the answer is probably not.

Not saying anything about Cook but almost all TEs put up crap numbers with Rodgers.

Archived