Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

6 hours ago, markmills67 said:

Has Bruce Allen gone organising a garden Tea and Cream cake party, or is he still trying to sign players. 

Sheehan in his podcast yesterday said multiple people have told him that Dan this off season is back messing with personnel some at least as to FA.  And Collins was his push.   

I wondered the same, going for a big player like that let alone outbidding the competition -- seems to be a Dan type of thing not Bruce. 

And to give some perspective, Sheehan has been swearing for years that Dan from what he's heard has been hands off and allowed Bruce to do his thing.  I gather if Sheehan is correct, Dan didn't want to do the same this year.   As Sheehan more or less expressed it, Dan wasn't going to go for a Jeron Johnson, Scandrick, McGee off season when the fan base was bolting and needed a jolt. 

11 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

HaHa with the premature statement of the year there. Way too soon to say that about da Bears. 

Bruce had to be more aggressive with the "we are close" pitch?  Taking less money to play for the Bears?  Did Bruce remind Haha they started 6-3? 😀

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Bruce had to be more aggressive with the "we are close" pitch?  Taking less money to play for the Bears?  Did Bruce remind Haha they started 6-3? 😀

You forgot proclaiming we are only a WR and LG away...😂

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Oh well, someone has to be blamed for the horrible second half of the season. Rofl Dix seems like a good scapegoat to me! 

On 3/13/2019 at 9:14 AM, SkinsNoles21 said:

LOL imagine thinking Odell is a cancer. Dave Gettleman has some ocean front property in NYC he wants to sell you. Is there anywhere I can go to just read people posting the latest news? All these terrible opinions on here consume too much space. 

If you disagree with my opinion thats fine, But no need to be rude pal. Your post reminds me of some guy last year who said I was fool because I spoke out against all the people screaming for Kerrigan to be benched in week 4 because of his lack of production..... He finished with 13 sacks and yet another Pro Bowl season. Just like that gentleman i'll revisit your opinions on Odell mid year next season when the Browns are imploding because of his behavior.

It's surprising to me that some are sad to see HHCD leave. Toward the end of the season it felt like there was consensus he was a crappy player. A safety that avoids contact, falls of tackles and takes bad angles is what I remember. He is more name than game. 

Glad he passed and there are adequate if not better replacements still to be had. Tre Boston is one.

At the combine Bruce said in interview that we were the team that had the most cash/cap invested in its OL. Something like that anyway.

That sticks in my head the longer the Scherff extension is still pending. I see no reason for that not being done other than we may be sat with other potential plans.......

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

At the combine Bruce said in interview that we were the team that had the most cash/cap invested in its OL. Something like that anyway.

That sticks in my head the longer the Scherff extension is still pending. I see no reason for that not being done other than we may be sat with other potential plans.......

Or maybe there is concern over his injury. I haven't heared anything about there being problems but a torn pec is a big deal for a guard and they do get reinjured often.

3 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Or maybe there is concern over his injury. I haven't heared anything about there being problems but a torn pec is a big deal for a guard and they do get reinjured often.

True, just seems like it's an obvious and easy deal to box off.

I wanted DRC last year, his interception that kept us out of the playoffs in 16 still haunts me. Not sure how much he has left but could be good depth plus he’s played with Collins. I don’t want to see Norman gone, he’s our best CB. If they can re work is contract great but if not and release him that’s a big void. 

1 minute ago, max21 said:

I wanted DRC last year, his interception that kept us out of the playoffs in 16 still haunts me. Not sure how much he has left but could be good depth plus he’s played with Collins. I don’t want to see Norman gone, he’s our best CB. If they can re work is contract great but if not and release him that’s a big void. 

Norman is not worth what he's getting paid.  Yes, he's the best CB on our team but that's not saying much.  We should trade him and take the cap hit off our hands and get a pick or two for him.  I don't think any team would trade for him though.  They know the position we are in with his cap hit.

Norman may be overpaid and may not be top 5 but he's still good. Makes no sense to sign Collins and then cut a guy like Norman. You want force multipliers

Edit: Unless you're rebuilding. Which is my preference, but not this FO's. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Norman may be overpaid and may not be top 5 but he's still good. Makes no sense to sign Collins and then cut a guy like Norman. You want force multipliers

Norman's not going anywhere this year.  Maybe released next year.  Yes, he's overpaid. :)

14 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I think this is partially because we havent drafted enough OL and have more veteran backups on our team than most do. Just a possible reason, I literally have no facts to even back this up so dont judge me. 😛

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

I think this is partially because we havent drafted enough OL and have more veteran backups on our team than most do. Just a possible reason, I literally have no facts to even back this up so dont judge me. 😛

:ols: I also think Gruden undervalues the guard position. Scherff is looking at being the highest paid guard in the league, I'd guess 6/85+ so are we up for that or right not....

I believe Norman is still a top ten corner.The reason why we haven't got the production out of him we need is do to the reluctance of this staff to play to our guys strengths.Lets play cover 3 allow our corners to excel put Landon in the box and Montae play single safety.

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

:ols: I also think Gruden undervalues the guard position. Scherff is looking at being the highest paid guard in the league, I'd guess 6/85+ so are we up for that or right not....

You have to overpay to get people to play for the Skins. That is our curse. I view Scherff as a good Guard, better than solid but not great. Hes asking for cornerstone money it appears, once Trents gone Scherff would have our cornerstone contract on the OL most likely. Is he good enough to warrant that? He probably doesnt get much better than he is now, he was already a near finished product coming out. The team probably needs to figure a way to get a friendlier contract signed with good incentives for Scherff. So glad this isnt my job

11 minutes ago, max21 said:

And that is SAD that anyone could consider Norman our "best CB" because the dude is not worth the dollars we are paying him.   He is okay. Last year he got his ass handed to him, turned around, I don't know how many times, but it was sad for a billed "shutdown" CB.   Not denying he had some good plays, but the burned Norman stands out in my mind.  

Allen or someone in that FO really needs to get him to restructure or you go CB first round and dump him.  

I mean, if you're willing to draft an OG with the #5 overall pick but then it's outside your comfort zone to pay him the equivalent contract after 4-5 years of living up to that lofty draft pedigree...idk what to say. I'd think that means you have some inconsistencies in the principles of your roster building process. If you even have a process at all. 

35 minutes ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

Give me DRC at free safety all day over Haha. Haha is not good.

If this is the move its elite and DRC at 33 > Haha any age. 

Saw this on B/R and instantly thought UPGRADE.  Love the move.  Let's DRC just be ball hawk.  Less wear and tear on the body.  Only question left is Nicholson done?

18 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Edit: Unless you're rebuilding. Which is my preference, but not this FO's. 

Yeah but you don't trade picks and sign $80+ million safeties if your plan is to rebuild. Well, typically you don't. We probably would 

Archived