Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

Do we really need a 35 year old TE with questionable hands on a 7-9 team at 5 mil per year. We invested in Reed, Mr. Glass, but still the investment. Get Sprinkle more action and roll that money into Scherff extension.

Meanwhile, make concentrated effort on getting LG/ILB (either draft or FA). Drafting WR in 1st round would not be mistake IMO given talent at the position this year. 

I would think cuts at certain positions will be dependent on the draft, lots of moves happen around that time.  With the TE group for example, we might have our eye on Hockenson and so if he falls to us we then will see if we can flip Reed for a late pick or just go ahead and cut VD. 

2 hours ago, markmills67 said:

Has Bruce Allen gone organising a garden Tea and Cream cake party, or is he still trying to sign players. 

HTTR 

Update

Allen been seen opening a Old People's home in Maryland, seen asking a Old Fellow of 92 if he can play LG. 

HTTR 

He’s working with Martha Stewart on new place settings for Harvestfest.  It’s never too early...

8 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

G Josh Kline released by the Titans

the Guards in FA have been underwhelming. But to be honest, there are 2-3 who are better than anybody else we have at LG right now. Plus, depth is an issue. Need to really load up on OL in the trade and FA now and in the future. 

13 minutes ago, oraphus said:

With hunt getting 8 game suspension.. here is hoping R Foster gets 2 or less.

Wasn't he "suspended" already by being put on the commissioners exempt list? I would think that would have to factor into any potential suspension.

2 minutes ago, repo_4 said:

Wasn't he "suspended" already by being put on the commissioners exempt list? I would think that would have to factor into any potential suspension.

Sort of...but he will still probably get an actual suspension, without pay.

1 minute ago, repo_4 said:

good point.. maybe time served would be sufficient... but knowing NFL/ Goodell they'll stretch it out and then tell skins 2 days before the start of the season that he is suspended for 6 games.

For the past two seasons I thought Maurice Harris was going to have a breakout year but he never did blossom with the Skins except for his famous one hand catches for touchdowns.  So glad the Patriots believe he is a legitimate football player.

Evidently they see his potential so maybe he can thrive in a better offense.  If so, it will not be the first time a Skins player left and went to another team and succeeded.

1 minute ago, SemperFi Skins said:

R. Foster will not receive any suspension. I almost guarantee it. 

Man, I think with the evidence, no suspension would be the correct thing. 

But I would be shocked if the Goodell doesn't hit him with something.

6 minutes ago, dballer said:

Man, I think with the evidence, no suspension would be the correct thing. 

But I would be shocked if the Goodell doesn't hit him with something.

He didn't play 6 weeks due to the release.  Since we picked him up he did get paid though, right?

I doubt they do just a fine, but we'll see.

2 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

What would be the basis of the suspension?

I feel like they suspended Zeke with the about same amount of evidence.  He was arrested and they will look at the previous events as well.  Bolded and enlarged part the key here IMO.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/19/16666714/ezekiel-elliott-nfl-suspension-cowboys-ex

Elliott was suspended. The NFL’s disciplinary process does not carry the same burden of proof as the legal system. The league’s investigation determined that Elliott was violent toward the woman on three separate occasions.

In August of this year, Roger Goodell issued a six-game suspension to Elliott. That’s the baseline number of games for a first-time domestic violence offender.

1 hour ago, jsharrin55 said:

Elliott was suspended. The NFL’s disciplinary process does not carry the same burden of proof as the legal system. The league’s investigation determined that Elliott was violent toward the woman on three separate occasions.

In August of this year, Roger Goodell issued a six-game suspension to Elliott. That’s the baseline number of games for a first-time domestic violence offender.

Such a slippery slope, with no proof and a witness who recanted now multiple times I don’t see how they can mess with people’s livelihoods like this.

with the Zeke thing wasn’t there video of him lifting up a woman’s shirt? 

5 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Such a slippery slope, with no proof and a witness who recanted now multiple times I don’t see how they can mess with people’s livelihoods like this.

with the Zeke thing wasn’t there video of him lifting up a woman’s shirt? 

Maybe, I don't know what the NFL saw (edit: for Zeke case), just like I don't know what they may have for Reuben Foster.

Guaranteeing no suspension seems premature and that's all I'm saying.  I don't know what will come of it, but I don't think anyone will until we see suspension/no suspension news. 

Archived