Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

Just now, NickyJ said:

If Landon Collins is really supposed to be our big "WOW" signing, I am thoroughly unimpressed. Not really unhappy since we've got so much stacked against us this season anyway... But still, selling a single strong safety as the big signing to bring the fans back in droves doesn't cut it for me lol

well, OL don't generally WOW so maybe they can still pick up some of them

and he's not supposed to bring the fans back in droves, he's supposed to help the team win

Just now, NickyJ said:

If Landon Collins is really supposed to be our big "WOW" signing, I am thoroughly unimpressed. Not really unhappy since we've got so much stacked against us this season anyway... But still, selling a single strong safety as the big signing to bring the fans back in droves doesn't cut it for me lol

Meh, I think there are some quality edge guys who could replace Preston without breaking the bank.  I'd go after Houston if I could simply b/c he would not count against the Comp pick formula (right now we'll get a #4 for losing Crowder and probably a #6 for losing Nsenke).  

If we want to sign an edge guy that impacts our comp picks, Golden is a good get.

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I had a feeling that this what was going to happen, I’m guessing the rest of the signings will be guys with injury histories, or bargain basement players. 

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

B-b-b-b-b-b-but he idolized SEAN TAYLOR!  He wore his number as a tribute!  

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Giants would never deal him to us. Never. 

The "damn Browns" are light years better than us unfortunately. 

Based on what?

They haven't done a thing yet. They still gotta play the games. They've got some good young pieces, but let's not start crowning them SB champs just yet.

This was a team that had a refrigerator locked for a year and a half in anticipation of their first win.

1 hour ago, actorguy1 said:

Art said yesterday they plan to get some quality defensive players in for a visit one free agency officially tomorrow at 4pm. Take em all to Morton's Steakhouse!

Anyone got any ideas on who Art might be talking about with those that are still available other than S?  Of those still available I've got EDGE Markus Golden, ILB Gerald Hodges, CB Ronald Darby.  Those are really some of the best of the rest available at 12:24am on 3/13.  I've missed some I know.  :)

8 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Based on what?

They haven't done a thing yet. They've got some good young pieces, but let's not start crowning them SB champs just yet.

This was a team that had a refrigerator locked for a year and a half in anticipation of their first win.

Mayfield

OBJ

Landry

Chubb

Garrett

Bitonio

Hunt

Ward

Schobert

They won as many games as us last year.  I'm not sure where this cavalier attitude from some of our fans comes from, we haven't won a damn thing in a long time and when we have, we haven't been able to replicate it the following year.  And we don't have a core of talent like that.  

But sure, keep making jokes about refrigerators being locked up in anticipation of a win.  That's what matters.

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Mayfield

OBJ

Landry

Chubb

Garrett

Bitonio

Hunt

Ward

Schobert

They won as many games as us last year.  I'm not sure where this cavalier attitude from some of our fans comes from, we haven't won a damn thing in a long time and when we have, we haven't been able to replicate it the following year.  And we don't have a core of talent like that.  

But sure, keep making jokes about refrigerators being locked up in anticipation of a win.  That's what matters.

And they still have this draft to go with a boatload of picks.  Big difference between the Browns and Redskins is that the Browns decided to build draft capital 2-4 years out in order get that core group of players to make a championship run. The Redskins are perpetually stuck in the now.  Heck most of our fans are too (Look at the draft thread -  post after post hoping we can trade down for extra  2ds and 3rds in 2019 but very rarely a post hoping we can trade down and get 1sts next year or in 2021).

2 minutes ago, nonniey said:

And they still have this draft to go with a boatload of picks.  Big difference between the Browns and Redskins is that the Browns decided to build draft capital 2-4 years out in order get that core group of players to make a championship run. The Redskins are perpetually stuck in the now.  Heck most of our fans are too (Look at the draft thread -  post after post hoping we can trade down for extra  2ds and 3rds in 2019 but very rarely a post hoping we can trade down and get 1sts next year or in 2021).

Yep.  

Didn't realize they had a lot of picks this year.  How many?

EDIT:  Just found it.  8 picks, with multiple picks in round 3, 4 and 5.  They had 10 before the OBJ trade today.

2 minutes ago, nonniey said:

17 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Mayfield

OBJ

Landry

Chubb

Garrett

Bitonio

Hunt

Ward

Schobert

The point was, the other guy said they're "way better than us"

I said how. They haven't won more games, haven't been to the playoffs, haven't done anything, more than we have except lose more games, so how exactly are they better? They've got some good pieces and may be better ON PAPER, but the games haven't been played yet. ****, for all the stars they have they could just as easily struggle as the other recent "dream teams" Redskins and eagles being two prime examples.

You guys like to **** on every move this team makes while holding up a franchise like the browns as a shining beacon of "doing it right".

They haven't done a damn thing yet is the point I'm trying to make. So stop anointing them before they've actually done anything.

Do I think this team is perfect? No. Did I ever say everything is just fine and dandy? No.

Guess what, there's at least 20 other teams that can compare names and lay claim to winning 7 games.

At the end of the day it comes down to winning a super bowl. Every team is trying to do that every year. If there was one "right way" to do it, there'd be 32 teams doing the exact same thing and they'd all be SB champs.

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yep.  

Didn't realize they had a lot of picks this year.  How many?

They still have 9 picks (2,3,4,5,5,5,6,7,7) (traded their 1st and NEs 3rd)

7 minutes ago, TheBlueIndian said:

Were you just giving my post an encore? You quoted but didn't say anything).

Just now, crabbypatty said:

I said how. They haven't won more games, haven't been to the playoffs, haven't done anything, more than we have except lose more games, so how exactly are they better? They've got some good pieces and may be better ON PAPER, but the games haven't been played yet. ****, for all the stars they have they could just as easily struggle as the other recent "dream teams" Redskins and eagles being two prime examples.

You guys like to **** on every move this team makes while holding up a franchise like the browns as a shining beacon of "doing it right".

They haven't done a damn thing yet is the point I'm trying to make. So stop anointing them before they've actually done anything.

Do I think this team is perfect? No. Did I ever say everything is just fine and dandy? No.

Guess what, there's at least 20 other teams that can compare names and lay claim to winning 7 games.

At the end of the day it comes down to winning a super bowl. Every team is trying to do that every year. If there was one "right way" to do it, there'd be 32 teams doing the exact same thing and they'd all be SB champs.

How are they better?  Would you prefer our roster or theirs?  I think anyone that prefers the Redskins roster to the Browns roster isn't interested in being objective.

I never said they've done anything, no one has, outside of building a really nice core.  You seem to think that anyone who likes what they're doing is acting like they've won a SuperBowl.  No one here's saying that.  On the flip side, no one is saying you said that you thought this team is perfect and fine and dandy.  

I suppose there are a few different ways to build a team, but the Redskins sure as hell haven't been able to do it.  Meanwhile, the Browns look like they're on the verge of something special.  The concept of hoarding draft picks, having young, cheap, cost controlled talent is a simple one that has paid off for other teams.  The Redskins haven't been able to attempt that.  

I don't like ****ting on every move this team makes because I am tired of it.  For most of my life, this team has been terrible...just like the Browns have been.  If your argument is that the Browns have been worse than us in recent years that's like being happy you got a D on your math test because the kid next to you got an F.  

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Anyone hear about some “mixtape” le’veon Bell dropped at midnight? I guess there’s supposed to be an announcement on there of which team he’ll play for...? 

J E T S  Jets, Jets Jets.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Just got an espn alert.  He's going to the Jets.

Apparently in his mixtape, one of the lines was “gas is on e” and people on Twitter were all like “gas....is on...e....GASE!! He’s going to the jets!!” 😂 

clever way to announce which team you’re going to sign with. But at the same time i kinda feel like “why make it into a whole big thing”? Just announce it in a more normal way 😂😂 just weird. 

58 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Based on what?

They haven't done a thing yet. They still gotta play the games. They've got some good young pieces, but let's not start crowning them SB champs just yet.

I didn't crown them SB champs, I said they're lightyears better than us. And they are. It's not even a controversial observation to say that, it's readily apparent. 

Franchise QB. Progressive offensive HC who he already clicked with. Offensive talent out the ass and an interesting defensive depth chart as well. Plenty of draft picks and cap space. 

It's not even a contest. Pull your head out of the beach and shake the sand out of your eyes, you sound ridiculous. I know you're a blind homer, but posts like this really hurt your credibility on other topics involving the roster, FO, etc. Zoony started a thread on the Browns being way ahead of us like 2-3 years ago, it wasn't even a controversial thought then, and it's now coming to fruition big time. 

It doesn't even matter what the Browns do this year. They are speeding in the right direction in the passing lane and we're stalling out on the off-ramp to mediocrity. 

32 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

lol

I can’t keep up with all of Bruce’s accounts on here 

Archived