Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, carex said:

I'm looking at some mock drafts and the way things are going if the Giants don't take Haskins at 6 he could be there at 15

I'm not sure how likely that is this year.  9 of our 19 free agents  were street free agents last year.  We've got depth guys, often injured guys and guys who had no interest last year except from us

Personally I want Rosen and if not Rosen, Murray.  Just me.  :) 

4 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Absolute pass on Perriman, and he would be a fool to leave that offer thinking he’s more than a 4th/5th wr option 

The guarantees are probably low, he's probably worried about even making it out of training camp now. 

I'm cool with Haskins, Rosen or Lock. Given the recent developments with the Giants. I hope they trade for Rosen. That should ensure we can get either Haskins or Lock. If not I would take Rosen with our 2nd if that's what it takes.

I'm hoping our FO shows some restraint.  If one of the top 3 fall to us at 15 great..but don't go jumping up to grab one. Draft another impact player and get your QB in round 3. I just want a young arm..dont really care if it's the high end or low end..who knows how they will develop anyway.

My negative thought process Sees the Giants move as a major win for them.

Why?

The Redskins are losers. Peppers immediately fills Collins role.  I’m pretty sure Collins will be hurt as a Redskin, possibly career ender. Giants land franchise quarterback and wide receiver in the first round. Four years from now Giants hold up Lombardi trophy and nobody ever read this post.

Am I wrong?

1 minute ago, Bonez3 said:

My negative thought process Find is the Giants move been a major win. Why? The Redskins are losers. Peppers immediately fills Collins role.  I’m pretty sure Collins will be heard as a Redskin, possibly career ender. Giants land franchise quarterback and wide receiver in the first round. Four years from now Giants hold up Lombardi trophy and nobody ever read this post.

Am I wrong?

I wouldn’t bet against you 

So Gettleman has traded away Pierre Paul ($15M dead), Snacks Harrison ($8M dead over 2 years), OBJ ($16M dead), Eli Apple ($5M dead over 2 years), Vernon ( $8M dead). Let Landon Collins walk.  Signed Nate Solder and Ogletree to ridiculous contracts. He is on a roll!! 

1 minute ago, SkinsFootball said:

maybe. but they seem to like the bigger,stronger, faster athlete. I feel like Haskins or Jones fit their profile.

Jones is neither stronger or faster but coming from Gettlemen he may believe it. Here's hoping.

7 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

Why?

The Redskins are losers. Peppers immediately fills Collins role.  I’m pretty sure Collins will be hurt as a Redskin, possibly career ender. Giants land franchise quarterback and wide receiver in the first round. Four years from now Giants hold up Lombardi trophy and nobody ever read this post.

Am I wrong?

Mom would say, "no honey your just depressed"

33 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Skins should look in to Perriman.

How the hell did Perriman get $4 million dollars? He seemed to work out for half the league last year after getting cut by the Ravens (and then the Redskins). He sucked for years and had, what, 2 good games for Cleveland. That's really worth $4 million?

7 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

Why?

Am I wrong?

Maybe. What about the ripple effect of trading one of the best wrs in football? All of a sudden Barkley gets extra attention.. don't let him get banged up due to usage. Shepherd and their TE probably less effective without obj taking the top of and having coverage rolled his way. They got to hit on those extra picks..for the trade to work.

2 minutes ago, SkinsFootball said:

Maybe. What about the ripple effect of trading one of the best wrs in football? All of a sudden Barkley gets extra attention.. don't let him get banged up due to usage. Shepherd and their TE probably less effective without obj taking the top of and having coverage rolled his way. They got to hit on those extra picks..for the trade to work.

My philosophy was more centered around the Redskins being perennial losers. Therefore, the Giants move will lead to certain success somehow. 

Not to much x’s and o’s in my post

15 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

Why?

Am I wrong?

My big concern is that Dan and Bruce are looking at Gettleman and thinking “hold my beer” 

1 hour ago, carex said:

Only disappoint is the Skins haven't even been connected to any OL players.

Because OL doesn't play Defense. Don't even think about Offense until the Draft. Outside of the QB problem they addressed first, they're dead set on using FA to fix the Defense. 

25 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

No no no, you build the team the "right"way. Some people here will never be happy with anything. I'm as down on Bruce as the next guy, but Collins was a great move. He's easily the best defender in our secondary already, the contract isn't crippling, people just like to complain to complain.

I like Collins but does it matter.

All our QBs suck, Collins is great but with the QB situation and the recent departures what does that make us really? A 7-9 team? We have crappy QBs with no one to throw to, the QBs in the draft class suck and I am so afraid we are going to trade picks to move up

1 minute ago, TK said:

Because OL doesn't play Defense. Don't even think about Offense until the Draft. Outside of the QB problem they addressed first, they're dead set on using FA to fix the Defense. 

You mean using the majority of their top draft spots over the past few years isn’t enough?

21 minutes ago, skeenzfan said:

So Gettleman has traded away Pierre Paul ($15M dead), Snacks Harrison ($8M dead over 2 years), OBJ ($16M dead), Eli Apple ($5M dead over 2 years), Vernon ( $8M dead). Let Landon Collins walk.  Signed Nate Solder and Ogletree to ridiculous contracts. He is on a roll!! 

I'd really like to know what's going on inside that guy's head. Some really baffling moves. Although I'm glad it's happening to the Giants.. I'm still salty about that cap penalty Mara pushed for. I hope this gives him a brain aneurysm.

Maybe Gettleman has visions of recreating the Panthers in NY. He's blowing the team up and building them "the right way" whatever the hell that means.

For you guys pressing for the "right way" of building things, NY is a prime example of what you're arguing for. They've got nothing going for them except saquon. 

No guarantees with any rookie QB they draft this year, who may get thrown to the wolves if Eli gets hurt. THIS is what you guys really want? Jettison all our top talent so we can be just like them? Or hold on to what we got and continue adding pieces to get over the hump.

You guys are holding the browns up as some shining beacon of success, they haven't done a thing yet.

They may can, but football has a funny way of breaking even the best laid plans.

1 minute ago, crabbypatty said:

I'd really like to know what's going on inside that guy's head. Some really baffling moves. Although I'm glad it's happening to the Giants.. I'm still salty about that cap penalty Mara pushed for. I hope this gives him a brain aneurysm.

Maybe Gettleman has visions of recreating the Panthers in NY. He's blowing the team up and building them "the right way" whatever the hell that means.

For you guys pressing for the "right way" of building things, NY is a prime example of what you're arguing for. They've got nothing going for them except saquon. 

No guarantees with any rookie QB they draft this year.. THIS is what you guys really want?

You guys are holding the browns up as some shining beacon of success, they haven't done a thing yet.

They may can, but football has a funny way of breaking even the best laid plans.

I mean I can kind of see it. Stockpile picks, suck for two years and get high picks, Eli will be gone, and then have a crap ton of cap space to use, to join with Barkley, and the other high picks. If he is looking at 2021 and beyone I could see some logic behind all of this.

3 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

I mean I can kind of see it. Stockpile picks, suck for two years and get high picks, Eli will be gone, and then have a crap ton of cap space to use, to join with Barkley, and the other high picks. If he is looking at 2021 and beyone I could see some logic behind all of this.

Then Barkley is either beat to **** or halfway through his career and due a new deal. They better pray they make the right choice or that's how you end up like the browns and Redskins with 20+ starting QBs in 20 years.

1 minute ago, crabbypatty said:

Then Barkley is either beat to **** or halfway through his career and due a new deal. They better pray they make the right choice or that's how you end up like the browns and Redskins with 20+ starting QBs in 20 years.

Barkley will be like 24 in 2021 and they will have a **** ton of Cap space if they are actually doing what I said.

No the way you end up like us is not having any foundation and making big signings (Collins, who I like), they really don't swing the needle. 

NYG screwed up last year by not trading down.  The Jets gave up 3 2nd rounders to move up from 6 to 3.  If NYG takes that same deal, they'd have 3 extra 2nd rounders.  Heck, they could have then taken the Bills' offer to move down to 12 via 2 more 2nd rounders.  Theoretically, they could have gotten FIVE 2nd round picks from going from #2 to #12 last year.  They still could have gotten an excellent defensive player like Payne, James, or Edwards at #12, and rebuilt the roster via those five extra 2nd rounders.

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If Landon Collins is really supposed to be our big "WOW" signing, I am thoroughly unimpressed. Not really unhappy since we've got so much stacked against us this season anyway... But still, selling a single strong safety as the big signing to bring the fans back in droves doesn't cut it for me lol

1 minute ago, Skins199021 said:

Barkley will be like 24 in 2021 and they will have a **** ton of Cap space if they are actually doing what I said.

No the way you end up like us is not having any foundation and making big signings (Collins, who I like), they really don't swing the needle. 

They could easily if they pick the wrong guy at QB and waste years trying to develop him like us and the browns have done.

I guess we'll find out in 5 years eh?

Archived