• Blog Entries

• By Destino in ES Coverage
      The home team fans are at home, these games no longer matter, and it’s probably better for the team to lose than it is to win.  It must be December in Washington.  Welcome to week 15!

Redskins Inactive: 
      Colt McCoy  
      Trey Quinn 
      Quinton Dunbar  
      Josh Harvey-Clemons  
      Ross Pierschbacher  
      Brandon Scherff  
      Caleb Wilson  

Eagles Inactive: 
      Nate Sudfeld  
      Nelson Agholor 
      Jordan Howard  
      Shareef Miller 
      Lane Johnson  
      Sua Opeta  
      Derek Barnet

There are two camps for Redskins fans at this time of year.  Those that want to tank and those that want to win.  If this describes you, I want you to know something important. You’re wrong.  You should probably feel bad about it too, but that’s your business.  The right way to go about this, is simply to embrace the doublethink.  

Before and after the game it’s perfectly reasonable to acknowledge that losing has its advantages.  It does and it is undeniable.  Afterall we could be talking about the difference between Chase Young being in a Redskins uniform, or not.  What we need for that to happen is simple.  Redskins lose out.  Giants beat the Dolphins and Redskins.  Dolphins beat the Bengals.  All of these things are perfectly reasonable outcomes.  We’re that close to having an elite pass rusher.   

Before that happens, we have a game to play.  It is in this moment that we should embrace the other side of our demented doublethink.  While the game is being played, especially against a division opponent, fans should want their team to do well.  Assuming they have a soul and any decency.  There is just no way that I can root for the Eagles to beat the Redskins during a game.  If you are the type of fan that does this, I hope you find someone that can fix what has broken inside of you.   

Pregame Prediction:  Redskins 23 – Eagles 30  
      More interesting game we are missing because we are still watching the Redskins:  Packers – Bears  
      Things I am snacking on:  Brownie.   
      Number of colons used:  Six.  (so far)  

Check back for updates.  I’m going to wander around the room for a while and stretch my legs to get away from a certain well-known ESPN Eagle fan’s boring conversations that my ear phones aren’t blocking out entirely.

1st Quarter Redskins 7 - 3 Eagles
      "The Closer" Haskins showed up for work early today and hit his former college teammate for a touchdown.  He really took the life out of this crowd in *checks notes* Fedex Field. 

Riggo-toni

The 2019 Free Agency Tracker -Added: Landon Collins, Rodgers-Cromartie, Donald Penn, Flowers, Smallwood. Lost:Preston Smith, Nsekhe, Crowder, HaHa

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yep. I think both teams did well considering.  Giants became better as did the Browns but the Browns get a headcase of a player.

I know the NY Giants almost as well as the Redskins -- alas I have to watch just about every game of theirs because my wife-in laws are fans.  Trust me the Giants didn't get better.  I've never seen a team so dependent on one guy as the Giants have been with Beckham.  Coverage was almost always rolled his way.  They have really struggled when he's missed games.  I hate the player as a guy but he might be the scariest offensive player IMO we've faced in the NFC East in a long time.   I am as ecstatic about this development as I am about the Skins signing Collins yesterday. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

The irony for us is pretty wild. We take their best defensive player as a FA which leaves a huge hole at safety. They trade their best player for a couple of picks and a safety to fill that hole. Now all we do when we play them is stack the box with the safety we took from them to stop Barkley and we win. Easiest defensive game plan in the world when we play them next season.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I love it. Browns stockpiled picks and built the team the right way. Now they can go get playmakers to help put them over the top. If Baker develops they are going to be nasty. 

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yep.  The right way.  

Must be nice.  Wouldn't know.  Ain't that right, @Master Blaster?

Apparently “the right way” means being 11-52-1 over the last four years.

You guys are a trip.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Now the Giant beat reporters and fans are going wild saying that the Giants are going to trade for Rosen with the extra pick(s). 

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

You guys are a trip.

That's pretty shortsighted.  I'd trade what we've got now for the Browns situation, easy.  

• Like 2

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

That's pretty shortsighted.  I'd trade what we've got now for the Browns situation, easy.  

Sure.  I’d take the Browns over what the Steelers and Ravens have, too.

Easy.

• Like 1

Only disappoint is the Skins haven't even been connected to any OL players.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

What “Stud” Qb was left after Mayfield tho? Darnold?

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Now the Giant beat reporters and fans are going wild saying that the Giants are going to trade for Rosen with the extra pick(s). 

I'd be less surprised if they packaged the picks in a trade with AZ so they can draft Murray.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

You guys are a trip.

Uhh yes, it does. I'd have taken that to be where they are now, easy. It's the rebuild we refuse to commit to. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

That would just drop Lock or Haskins our way and if not it means one more team not interested in next year's deeper class. 

• Like 2

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Uhh yes, it does. I'd have taken that to be where they are now, easy. It's the rebuild we refuse to commit to. 

Case Keenum, Landon Collins, oh boy oh boy!  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

The irony for us is pretty wild. We take their best defensive player as a FA which leaves a huge hole at safety. They trade their best player for a couple of picks and a safety to fill that hole. Now all we do when we play them is stack the box with the safety we took from them to stop Barkley and we win. Easiest defensive game plan in the world when we play them next season.

And the fact that gettleman lets Collins walk bc he doesn't value the safety position, but then demands a safety as the centerpiece (along with a first) for an elite player such as obj.  Figured they would try to pry ogbah.  

Edited by KillBill26
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

You guys are a trip.

Yeah, I’d take that over 7-9 every season if it meant stockpiling picks and building a team with high level draft picks and a strong core of young foundational pieces. Not to mention tons of cap space to extend them when the time comes and grab a FA or two that compliment the young core you’ve built. 

But we can slap band-aids on top of band-aids for decades and see where that gets us. 

Looking forward to Ryan Tannehill leading our next 7-9 squad in 2020

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

The rebuild lasted 15 years.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah, I’d take that over 7-9 every season if it meant stockpiling picks and building a team with high level draft picks and a strong core of young foundational pieces. Not to mention tons of cap space to extend them when the time comes and grab a FA or two that compliment the young core you’ve built. 

But we can slap band-aids on top of band-aids for decades and see where that gets us. 

Looking forward to Ryan Tannehill leading our next 7-9 squad in 2020

you don't have any faith in the front office so extra draft picks should be worthless to you.  Be consistent in your complaints

• Haha 2

What an interesting week.  There is a part of me that wishes one team would have gotten both AB and OBJ.  A team like the Colts had the cap room and draft capital to do it... And still add Leveon Bell if they wanted.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, max21 said:

What “Stud” Qb was left after Mayfield tho? Darnold?

Yep, Darnold.  Even Doug recently slipped that he was the top QB on their board and hinted there isn't someone in this draft of his caliber.  Jet fans are happy with Darnold.  Give him some time and a supporting cast and I think they got a good one.  I worshipped Barkley along with a bunch of people on the draft thread 2 college seasons ago -- still I'd have taken Darnold.  It's not that Barkley isn't special -- he's a total stud.  But they could have gotten both Darnold AND another stud at RB.  Someone ironically like the Browns, Chubb, who was great last year and even had a higher YPA than Barkley.  It was a deep draft for RBs, Chubb, Michel, K. Johnson, Guice, etc.    RBs aren't that hard to find.  QBs as we know here are really hard to find. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The rebuild lasted 15 years.

We've sucked for at least that long.

1 minute ago, carex said:

you don't have any faith in the front office so extra draft picks should be worthless to you.  Be consistent in your complaints

I don't have any faith in the FO, that's why the extra picks are needed.  They're gonna boof the pooch more often than not, they need all the chances they can get.