Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

8 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

absolutely.  Every defensive alabama alum is going to affected by what is an obvious attempt to re-create the dominant alabama defenses on an nfl team.  This is why I love this strategy by our front office to keep targeting these players.   We desperately need to try and rub some of that crimson tide magic on a team that has been arguably cursed.

Mosley is great and I would like if we signed him but I am also hoping they draft Mack wilson from alabama in the 2nd or 3rd.   He has great athleticism and coverage skills.  Something we definitely have been lacking at LB

Yeah. Hes not making it to round 2.

2 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Yeah, that would work. He's a difference maker that can break tackles and can get open. The only problem is that he'd probably cost $9-10M/year, but honestly he'd probably be worth it.  

I am a bit worried about Tate. He just didn't seem the same last year. Maybe it because he was just switching teams but he scares me a bit cuz it sure looked like he has lost a step.

8 minutes ago, LittleTinyUnbornBaby said:

Im searching for opinions here, with the lose of crowder to the jets, we need to grab another reciever, i have an jnhealthy love for Tyrell Williams from the chargers. Now he is honestly the only fa wr that i would consider, if metcalf or brown are there at 15 do we take one? What other wr do you guys like in free agency, ryan grant, Beasley?

I actually don’t want to make any move at WR just yet.  I kinda like our young depth and the draft is deep as well.

WR is one area where I’m overly cautious to not reach or overpay.  But that’s just me...and Drew Brees.

Just now, rumplestilskin said:

I am a bit worried about Tate. He just didn't seem the same last year. Maybe it because he was just switching teams but he scares me a bit cuz it sure looked like he has lost a step.

Tate was not impressive with the Eagles.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

In college, maybe. Barr has not played EDGE in the NFL hardly at all, his sacks have come off blitzes. If the Jets really want him to be a full-time passrusher they're going to be sorely disappointed. 

If you can get a decent edge rusher at the cost of a 4-3 LB I think you can do worse. Let's say it's a 3 year, $8M per type deal. Now if he's an edge rusher and gets 8+ sacks each year it's pretty good value. 

8 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Mid season trades rarely look good (Haha is a great example). It's so hard for a player to come in and make positive contributions while not being there for training camp or the first part of the season. Some positions, like RB or Edge rusher don't need team chemistry to perform. Others, like receiver or DB are long shots. 

IMO he was still decent for the Eagles. In the playoff game he had 5 catches for 46 yards and the go ahead TD. Earlier in the year he produced more, but he was also getting 10+ looks on a team that was largely down in games. When he went to Philly they already had established weapons, so he was sort of learning on the fly while they gave him a few looks. 

In Washington he'd be a consistent chain mover, which they haven't had since Garcon. That's been a missing piece of this offense. 

10 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

really?

has he been moving up the rankings?  he was rated 2nd or 3rd in most mocks I had looked at.  It would not surprise me if that was the case, dudes got a lot of talent. 

Yeah. Going in the early 20s everywhere i see.

1 minute ago, Unbias said:

Mid season trades rarely look good (Haha is a great example). It's so hard for a player to come in and make positive contributions while not being there for training camp or the first part of the season. Some positions, like RB or Edge rusher don't need team chemistry to perform. Others, like receiver or DB are long shots. 

IMO he was still decent for the Eagles. In the playoff game he had 5 catches for 46 yards and the go ahead TD. Earlier in the year he produced more, but he was also getting 10+ looks on a team that was largely down in games. When he went to Philly they already had established weapons, so he was sort of learning on the fly while they gave him a few looks. 

He does his damage with the YAC game. So just purely from the perspective of when the ball was in his posession he didn't seem like the same guy. But your right he did look better in that playoff game.

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Initially everyone was very mad about the money but the breakdown of the contract was very favorable to the Redskins. Props to Eric Schaffer for making this happen. 1 million against the cap in 2019? That's amazing.  

Looks like four million.  But his cap number becomes huge in the subsequent years of the deal.  We're putting off his cap number this year, probably in he hopes that we can get out of Alex Smith's deal ASAP.

3 hours ago, nonniey said:

Oh I'm fairly certain we exceeded any offer Colts made him.  If he got the same offer from a stable team (That just made the playoffs I might add) do you really think he'd be a Redskin?

Yes. Collins grew up a huge Redskins fan. 

It’s nice to understand what is actually going on before commenting. 

53 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Alex’s situation is an outlier, of course nobody can predict a broken leg.

The Smith deal was an unmitigated disaster.  We paid a disastrous amount of opportunity cost in the debacle and the worst possible outcome ended up happening.  It was a god damn terrible move at the time and has only gotten worse since.  The homers are out in full force tonight.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The Smith deal was an unmitigated disaster.  We paid a disastrous amount of opportunity cost in the debacle and the worst possible outcome ended up happening.  It was a god damn terrible move at the time and has only gotten worse since.  The homers are out in full force tonight.

What was the opportunity cost in your eyes?

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I’m with you.  It was a bad deal for the Skins, on two legs.  My point is that his injury differs from that of say, Paul  Richardson.  Richardson was always injured yet signed to a big $ deal and surprise, he barely played.

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

SMH why are you a fan? Plenty of other teams. This was a solid move and they couldn't have forseen the injury.

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Really believe he becomes a Skins.  Just feeling it.  Between the Jets and us.  3 former defensive Bama players from the 2013 CFB Championship team here helps, IMO. 

24 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

He'll be on his third contract, which is always risky for WRs. Particularly non-elite ones. Tate's been a decent guy and thrice has topped 1000 yards in 9 seasons (though one was by three yards). I'd view him like Garcon or DeSean Jackson. When both left here they were guys seeking a third contract. Some people bemoaned missing one or both of them.  Both signed big deals elsewhere. Both failed to live up to their contracts. Garcon signed for 5 years and played 2 years totaling 786 yards before getting cut this offseason. Jackson signed for 3 years and was a bit better, totaling 774 yards and 668 yards respectively. Though just got traded for a bucket of balls. Be careful with those older receivers. You're often paying for past performance.

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I pretty much agree with this. The move didn't really make sense at the time. It was basically a job saving move by certain people on the team. Or at least an attempt at it. The Redskins were losing a bona fide starting QB, which likely meant taking a step backwards. Rather than do that, they gave a decent draft pick and good young player to take on an aging QB to maybe provide competent play for a few years so people wouldn't lose their jobs. But it wasn't really solving anything.

And this team literally made this exact move before with Donovan McNabb. It didn't work out then either. It was basically a move to avoid finishing 4-12 or 5-11, so we could finish 7-9. And give up a young player and a draft pick to do so. Who does that help? And in the end, it went about as poorly as possible. So it was a bad move complicated by an even worse outcome.

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

What was the opportunity cost in your eyes?

We let a franchise QB walk for zero return and traded a pick and good young corner to downgrade the position, only to then sign that downgrade to an expensive (and longer) contract where we pay him the same amount as Kirk in the first two years anyway.  A contract that we are now going to be desperate to get out of.

We should have gotten a ****ing haul for Kirk.  We should have used that haul to go out and get an upgrade at the position.  Instead we gave up a player and picks to have zero promising solutions at the position and what essentially amounts to an enormous cap penalty.  We're stuck with nothing but our dicks in our hands, paying Alex Smith a ton of money, and hoping a couple of career backups can save the job of the people who were in charge of this debacle.

Oh and we still don't have a quarterback.  Add the draft picks we're going to have to spend to eventually get one to the balance of opportunity cost paid in the disaster.

Archived