Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Brown, Foster, MCGee moves in some capacity pay for Mosley.

interesting that Norman was praising the Collins move, or more like taking a shot at Gettleman, I took that as a sign he's safe in 2019. 

Me too and I don't like it.  He's overpaid and should be asked to restructure his contract and if not be released, IMO.

15 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Yet he did not want to be here?...

The point is he would've gone probably anywhere. He went to the money and Washington paid him the most. He didn't give the Skins a discount because he wanted to be here and that's what you are making it sound like. 

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

They really can't cut him because there'd be another hole in the D and they'd end up having to sign another vet CB at more than Norman is making .  He's fine this year IMO.

Stick him at FS and draft a CB. Some damn goods ones available this year.

Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

The point is he would've gone probably anywhere. He went to the money and Washington paid him the most. He didn't give the Skins a discount because he wanted to be here and that's what you are making it sound like. 

I dont know man. He was obviously talking to Allen about coming here earlier. It is evident in his tweet. 

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Brown, Foster, MCGee moves in some capacity pay for Mosley.

interesting that Norman was praising the Collins move, or more like taking a shot at Gettleman, I took that as a sign he's safe in 2019. 

Norman played well last year and cutting Norman doesn't improve your secondary.  Restructure Norman, sure...cut him and you have to replace him and find someone to cover OBJ, Cooper, DeSean Jackson & Jeffery.  That's going to cost more then $8.8M in cap savings.  Cutting Norman doesn't make sense after paying Collins $14M year, because Collins doesn't help the coverage unit.

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

The point is that he's not holding his nose at signing with what he perceives to be a dumpster fire of a team/organization...

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

A dog that keeps getting beat on starts to assume he's doing something bad. That doesn't describe the Skins fans base lol...

Were thinking of different dogs, ones I'm talking about start biting the people eventually. 

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

You can tell when someone just dislikes the Skins to a degree that they jump at the chance to criticize the team...Jason Reid is furiously scratching an itch on twitter he's had for like 8 years now lol....

I can't hate them, but there's some results that make it tough. 

Marvin Lewis was the Bengals coach for the last 16 seasons, they were 131-122, played in 7 playoff games (0-7). Many felt they stuck with him way too long. 

Over that same period of time the Skins had 5 playoff games (1 win - Gibbs v2.0), but the record is 106-149-1. That's 5 different coaches. 

As a fan neither scenario is optimal, but both are pretty bad. The Bengals were in a division with 2 dynasties over that time (Steelers and Ravens). What's our excuse? Is Eli elite? Was Andy Reid our Bilechick? Were the Cowboys in their 'dynasty mode'?

Anyway, I get people being defensive over the team they love, but I also understand why people just have a hard time believing we'll turn this around. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep.  I can't post tweets on this site.  Frustrating!  Anyway, looks as though maybe Mosley is an afterthought now.  The Jets have a ton of cap money and have bee listed as the favorites.  We'll see.   Those several big moves seem to have come down to one but a big one. :)

1 minute ago, Unbias said:

Anyway, I get people being defensive over the team they love, but I also understand why people just have a hard time believing we'll turn this around. 

Not believing things will get turned around doesn't mean you retweet every single post ridiculing the Skins--no matter how asinine, illogical or false--and refuse to acknowledge anything good about any moves the team makes. That just backs up my earlier comment.

5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Stick him at FS and draft a CB. Some damn goods ones available this year.

I don't care about the FS/SS titles that much. He's a Probowler as a safety that spends a bunch of time helping run support. Let's not pay him a bunch of money just to start asking him to do different things. 

Archived