Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

Don’t see why not... didn’t miss many games for us. 

Really just last two years. Last year he missed 7 and was playing injured in a couple so not very effective. Missed one last year and was injured in a couple so wasnt as effective as he could have been.

32 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Almost like not waiving DJ & still having all of that dough. 

This times 1000. I am reserving judgment until we see the actual contract numbers. I doubt it's as bad as publicized. But, we should never have cut DJ. We could have fined and suspended him. Also, Swearinger was right. Our scheme was dark ages bad and we never made adjustments. I hope I'm wrong, but I think what we will be seeing is a ton of investment in the defense, followed by an average defensive performance this season followed by a new DC. 

Just now, hatchetwound said:

I don't think teams will trade for Desean @10 million.  Could you imagine bringing him back on a cheap deal?  I know there are rumors about the eagles, but no way he goes there after they smeared his name with "gang ties".  

And before anyone blasts this thought because he is older, did you know he lead the league in YPC?

That had a lot to do with Fitzmagic getting the ball out to him over the top a LOT!!!

9 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

Speaking of Bell, could you imagine getting him?  If Snyder gave him a lot of money to skip the cap, I bet that would be a VERY safe bet.  The trio of him, Peterson and Guice would be amazing.  I would nickname the back fields The Past, The Present and The future.   Then get Suh on an all cash deal (one, maybe 2 years maximum) and we would have a scary defense and a run game to grind down the other teams!!!!

I'll have what you're smoking. I want no parts of the team you're assembling but whatever led you there, I'm in on. 

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

This draft is full of good WR.  Isabella would be a steal in the 3rd round for us and I think better than Jamison.  JMO.  :)

Yeah, but he was a player that was a bright spot in a darker period.  I was always proud of him being a Redskins fan, and we don't have too much to be proud of.

I don't think teams will trade for Desean @10 million.  Could you imagine bringing him back on a cheap deal?  I know there are rumors about the eagles, but no way he goes there after they smeared his name with "gang ties".  

And before anyone blasts this thought because he is older, did you know he lead the league in YPC?

He's literally said that he wants to go back there.  Kelly cut him, not Philly.  There's no bad blood anymore.

Just now, panahoo said:

That had a lot to do with Fitzmagic getting the ball out to him over the top a LOT!!!

Keenum was use to throwing deep too.  Remember that mircle he had vs the Saints in the playoffs to Diggs?  He struggled in Denver because he didn't have a speed guy.

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I'll have what you're smoking. I want no parts of the team you're assembling but whatever led you there, I'm in on. 

I don't even vape :( 

Keenum was use to throwing deep too.  Remember that mircle he had vs the Saints in the playoffs to Diggs?  He struggled in Denver because he didn't have a speed guy.

Yup. I love DJax. Just pointing out a realism to a crazy stat.

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

He's literally said that he wants to go back there.  Kelly cut him, not Philly.  There's no bad blood anymore.

I saw that.  I'm sure he is saying all the right things to get in as many bidders as he can so he can make as much money as he can.  But I don't believe for a second he doesnt hold a grudge.  He LITERALLY kills the eagles every times he plays them.

On his way to leading the league in YPC, do you know who he had his longest reception against?   

Philthy.  

2 minutes ago, Art said:

You are right of course.   The market always generates bigger deals than a player is probably worth.   Case Keenum worth what Denver gave?   :)

In my career I've never stayed at one place not because I haven't liked it, but because that place gives COLA raises and a new job will give a big raise.   THEN I have gone back places for another raise they'd never have given had I stayed.   So, the willingness to move does generate larger deals.    I've gone from $50K to $250K by moving.   I'd be at $140K by staying.   If that's my reality, the reality for players in the NFL is staggering.   Thus Case Keenum one year to the next :).

But REALLY good teams can get a discount.   Durant gave the Warriors a discount as did Cousins.    New England gets discounts.   Because some players are willing to forgo some dollars for some trophies.   But those sacrifices don't last forever :).   See Durant.

Very good real life example.  There's no money in loyalty, especially in the finance field.  Jump from Citi to Chase to BoA back to Citi and you'll triple your income.  Stick with Citi over the same period and maybe a 5% increase.  Those are real life numbers.

And yes, you're right, there are elite team discounts, because they're forgoing that money for the opportunity to get a ring as you said.  New England is so unfair, as their QB is the GOAT but gets paid like he's middle of the pack due to his wife making a bajillion dollars a year, so they have these incredible players and so much money to play with.

Hopefully we'll get there someday and have our own two-decade dynasty.  That would be nice.

1 minute ago, hatchetwound said:

I saw that.  I'm sure he is saying all the right things to get in as many bidders as he can so he can make as much money as he can.  But I don't believe for a second he doesnt hold a grudge.  He LITERALLY kills the eagles every times he plays them.

On his way to leading the league in YPC, do you know who he had his longest reception against?   

Philthy.  

He wants money, but he's also said he wants a contender.  Reuniting with the team that drafted you and is two years removed from a Super Bowl is a pretty sweet landing spot.

8 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

I'd like to bring him back, but what do we trade.  

Also, side note, the Eagles didn't do the whole gang ties thing, a NJ.com writer did.  Now, do I think he's tied to the Crips? Oh hell yea, but he's kept that life and football separate in the public eye so personally I'd sign him, and of course I'd hope he'd disassociate if possible.

Not too sad about Crowder. I'm not sure why we would think that Trey Quinn can replace him though. Trey was just as injured as Crowder! I still think we have moves to make at WR and QB. 

Also, if we are going all in, to this degree, we can't be planning on Tua in 2020. We are either trading up for Murray, or trading for Rosen. There is already a plan in place. 

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

He wants money, but he's also said he wants a contender.  Reuniting with the team that drafted you and is two years removed from a Super Bowl is a pretty sweet landing spot.

I get the appeal of going to a contender.... which Philly is NOT.  They are losing Tate to FA, who they traded a 3rd round pick for 🤣.  They traded away Bennett.  Their secondary is still terrible (3rd worst last year).  NO running game.

And I understand wanting to go to the team that drafted you.  But they are not that team anymore.  That was Andy Reids team.  Doug Peterson runs a different flavor of that offense.  If he came back here it would be the same coach, same system.  There is comfort in that.

I know I'm probably wishing on a star that wont come.  But I really think it would be great to have last years YPC leader come back on a cheap deal, especially after losing one of our WRs

1 minute ago, superozman said:

I'd like to bring him back, but what do we trade.  

Also, side note, the Eagles didn't do the whole gang ties thing, a NJ.com writer did.  Now, do I think he's tied to the Crips? Oh hell yea, but he's kept that life and football separate in the public eye so personally I'd sign him, and of course I'd hope he'd disassociate if possible.

I don't think we have to trade anything.  I bet you they just release him.  I know he is TECHNICALLY still under contract but come on, no one is going to trade a ham sammich for his contract.  

He'll be a FA, IMO, and we just need to show him the $$$

2 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

He'll be a FA, IMO, and we just need to show him the $$$

Money has to surpass the Eagles if they offer, because they are closer to contending.  But if we don't get him, I'm all about a Rashad Ross re-sign.  Also, if you think i'm nuts for that comment, you'll dislike me for this.  Robert Davis could be a diamond in the rough.   Alright, don't blast me too hard, back to work!

Archived