Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

27 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Love Collins but think the first FA signed is going to be OC from the Broncos Matt Paradis.  

Would you be starting Paradis at C and sliding Houllier to LG, or would you still sign or draft a LG and make Houllier a back-up?. 

HTTR 

Others on ES have made reference to the same statement I am going to make again but I find it odd that we haven't released any players yet.  Yes, I know that FA starts at 12:01am tomorrow but it still seems strange.  Maybe actions starts then.  

1 minute ago, markmills67 said:

Would you be starting Paradis at C and sliding Houllier to LG, or would you still sign or draft a LG and make Houllier a back-up?. 

HTTR 

I'd be starting Paradis at OC and draft an OG.  Houllier would compete with the OG and possibly be backup.  Just my 2 cents. :)  

RAY427102.png%3Acover()&w=120&h=120
Shane Ray

Edge

Alternately injured and unproductive as Shaq Barrett's running buddy with the second-team defense for four years, Ray was a healthy scratch down the stretch last season.

I thought that was a really funny summary of Shane Ray's appeal as a FA. 

30 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Too expensive and he just turned 30.  Think Allen stays away from 30+ year olds for the most part.  

Won't cost a thing when factoring in comp. picks for next year because he was released.  We could potentially land a 3rd (Smith) and 4th (Crowder).  I'd look at Amendola for a year for the same reason.  He was cut.  Everyone raves about his leadership.  He'd be a cheap vet for a year and Quinn insurance.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Granted its Rapoport saying this but he went that Jax are likely in on Peterson and don't could Peterson to be slam dunk coming back to the Redskins even though the Redskins want him back.

After hearing that I am trying to recall the last FA we had on the market which we retained in any type of bidding war?

I am fine with that in  all honesty. I would love to have all day back. But I am not going into a bidding war for a RB. This draft is REALLY DEEP at the position. And you could get a guy to give you what you need behind Guice in the later rounds.

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14048/justin-houston

Justin Houston's sacks are funny. He is a career 9-11 sack guy with one year in which he had 22 sacks and doubled his second best year. I wonder how that outlier year came about. 

I get it. But those 9-11 sacks would look pretty sweet on the other side of Kerrigan. IF he can be had for a fair price I would love to have Houston here for a couple of seasons. Keeps us from having to go edge early in the draft as well.

As free agency begins, I hope the redskins avoid the bidding wars for the top free agents.  I'd venture a guess that 90% of the free agent deals completed in the first week of free agency result in the team thinking the player is not worth their cap number by the middle of the contract.  While Landon Collins, among others, would help the team, I feel the size of the contract will not be worth it.  I hope they wait for the middle tier free agents after the market settles down, and they plug a few holes that way.  Gravy on top would he finding a suitor for a trade for Norman and reed, as we look to get younger, clear cap room, and acquire draft picks.  So while the Redskins whiff on the big names, rest assured it is in the best interest of the franchise.

4 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14048/justin-houston

Justin Houston's sacks are funny. He is a career 9-11 sack guy with one year in which he had 22 sacks and doubled his second best year. I wonder how that outlier year came about. 

He’s been injured since. Dude just can’t stay healthy. Even the year prior to his 22 sack season he had 11 sacks in 11 games.

I really feel its time for this team to go big game hunting in free agency or the trade market. The lack of blue chip talent is evident.Our only two blue chip guys are on the oline. We got two guys on dline we are hoping can become blue chip guys and mlb in Ferrari Foster that if he can stay clean has the ability.This team is starving for top end talent.

Archived