Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

I would be ok trading for AB if we were just a couple of pieces away from being a contender, but we're not.  We don't even know who our starting QB is going to be next season.  Also, AB is on the wrong side of 30 and he's stated that he wants to be the highest paid WR.  I don't know if I would go as far as to say he's a locker room cancer, but I don't think he's going to blend in as well as Adrian Peterson did last season.  Our locker room isn't as strong as the Patriots or Steelers to handle a big personality like AB's.  Remember what happened to Swearinger?  I think AB would be just as quick to voice his displeasure publicly if he doesn't get at least 5 touches a game and with the current state of our QBs that's a real possibility.  I would much rather try to solve our issues at WR using our 1st or 2nd round pick.

I have Antonia Brown fatigue and I'm not even a Steeler's fan. Must be one constant eye roll for them. 

There hasn't been much talk here about Dee Ford. Apparently he's available and may only cost a second. What are thoughts about him on the board? He's had 5 seasons and two of those were good or very good. He had 13 sacks last year and 10 in 2016. The problem is, last year was a contract year and the Chiefs were always playing from ahead, and that in his other 3 seasons, he's had 1.5, 4.0, and 2.0 sacks. That is more feast than famine, and he's 27. And, you have to pay him. I might take him for a 3rd, but even that wouldn't thrill me. He has the speed I crave, but too many other negatives. 

1 hour ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I kind of hope we are. We are in DESPERATE need of a true #1 WR. Don't know where he ranks, but he easily a top 5 WR. If signing him doesn't obliterate our salary cap I'm fine with signing him. Don't feel like using a top pick on that position, especially if it ain't on one of the top 1-2 WR prospects in the draft (which it won't be). This team needs some ELITE talent.

It's not like he's freely available. You have to trade significant assets to get him (a first rounder?) and then likely renegotiate his contract to pay him $18+ million a year. So it will obliterate the cap since this team doesn't even have that much now. Sure the team can cut some guys and free up space, but it likely means re-signing no one of significance and signing no other major free agents and losing your top pick in the draft. So arguably this team will be worse over than in 2018 because it really won't have upgraded anywhere but WR. And Since Brown is on the wrong side of 30, he'll probably stop being ELITE within a year or two and then you are spend $40 million a year on Alex Smith and Antonio Brown while still losing 10+ games year since there's no real QB or secondary.

4 hours ago, Morrissey1972 said:

I’m always surprised by the folks who continue to be impressed by Kerrigans stats. Anyone who’s been to a Redskins training camp over the last four years knows that Kerrigan is easily the slowest and most hobbled man on defense. 

I love Kerrigans professionalism and he’s been a great ambassador for this team but he’s now making his living off the talent that’s around him, instead of his own. 

Jesus this take needs to die.

He’s not an elite player but he’s a damn good pass rusher.

23 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I have Antonia Brown fatigue and I'm not even a Steeler's fan. Must be one constant eye roll for them. 

There hasn't been much talk here about Dee Ford. Apparently he's available and may only cost a second. What are thoughts about him on the board? He's had 5 seasons and two of those were good or very good. He had 13 sacks last year and 10 in 2016. The problem is, last year was a contract year and the Chiefs were always playing from ahead, and that in his other 3 seasons, he's had 1.5, 4.0, and 2.0 sacks. That is more feast than famine, and he's 27. And, you have to pay him. I might take him for a 3rd, but even that wouldn't thrill me. He has the speed I crave, but too many other negatives. 

Pass. Solid player, but if you have to give up good draft picks AND sign him to a huge deal, he better be putting up 10+ sacks a year consistently. Two years out of 5 isn't consistent enough. Pass rush is one of those areas where teams will consistently and repeatedly overpay this offseason. Seems like a better bet to try and draft someone

27 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Can he play wr?

4 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Can he play wr?

I mean, he ran a 4.53 at his pro day, soooooo, maybe? He doesn't have the length that Sweat does though. Could either of them play QB?

I think we are going to lose Preston Smith in FA. There was rumor on ES that he might get 16 million and that the Packers were interested. I don't think he gets that much money, but I do think he gets wayyyyyy too  much money to be worth it. I think someone like Chase Winovich in the second could more than replace Preston's production. 

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

Sean Lee just cut his 7m deal in half to stay with Cowboys, hopefully some of the overpaid Redskins(Norman, Reed, etc.), can do the same. Although I'm not holding my breath. 

HTTR 

This is what Im hoping for

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

Sean Lee just cut his 7m deal in half to stay with Cowboys, hopefully some of the overpaid Redskins(Norman, Reed, etc.), can do the same. Although I'm not holding my breath. 

HTTR 

So I could be wrong because I was half listing when he was on but Joel Corry was on one of the local radio shows recently and he said that the restructuring language is written into the original contract and its standard protocol.  Something about back in the day the agent's taking advantage of the owners when they wanted to restructure so now the restructure language is in there when they sign their mega deals so it's only a matter if the team wants to execute on the restructuring and the player has no say.

Maybe someone else also heard it can give an amen on that.

Also, I heard Bruce say they would use restructures if they needed to, as if it was a formality if they needed to clear space.

10 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

So, he’s not going to be traded. And he will sit out the season, like Bell.

Brown will be what 30 or 31 playing this year.  It's not like he's 27 asking for this money.  Oh well.

AB scenario smells more and more like TO drama. 

The skins absolutely have to fill holes on the cheap.  Hope they pass on drafting any of these QBs.  The one FA that gets a lot of talk here is Collins who doesn't solve their issue at safety.  He's bad in coverage.  Plays good in the box and that's it. Better off going with one of the backup vets and the youngsters in 2019. 

Edge Rusher, WR, OG, Safety (1,2,3,4)

2 hours ago, Die Hard said:

So, he’s not going to be traded. And he will sit out the season, like Bell.

AB is gunning for the coveted title of most hated asshole in the league.

His antics are a giant **** you to the teams, his teammates, and the fans.

What a stupid arrogant asshole.

Can someone explain exactly what set this all off with AB in Pittsburgh. I don't understand. He literally just signed a renegotiated contract in 2017, yes? Has been super productive. Solid QB(but probably a rapist) throwing him the ball. Has been winning. Why was he unhappy there and why would he then be happy anywhere? 

9 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

AB is gunning for the coveted title of most hated asshole in the league.

His antics are a giant **** you to the teams, his teammates, and the fans.

What a stupid arrogant asshole.

You shouldn’t repress your anger 🤣 Tell us how you really feel!

Archived