Riggo-toni

The 2019 Free Agency Tracker -Added: Landon Collins, Rodgers-Cromartie, Donald Penn, Flowers, Smallwood. Lost:Preston Smith, Nsekhe, Crowder, HaHa

Recommended Posts

So claiming Gordon would have cost like $1 mill and they could have received maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder in comp after he signed with someone else in the off season?

If correct they should have signed him regardless of public criticism for next years pick

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DWinzit said:

So claiming Gordon would have cost like $1 mill and they could have received maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder in comp after he signed with someone else in the off season?

If correct they should have signed him regardless of public criticism for next years pick

 

It's highly unlikely it would have been a 3rd or 4th rounder. It would be dependent on what contract Gordon signs in the offseason. Which, given the fact the Pats cut him and most of the league passed on him for virtually free, probably wouldn't be much. Then again, Breshad Perriman got $4 million dollars last offseason after a couple so-so game with the Browns while sucking hard and being free for months and months before that. So you never fully know...

 

But I'm surprised there wasn't more interest in Gordon. I'm not even sure there would be much public criticism to an acquisition. He's not a spousal abuser. He's weird and he has drug issues (or has had). So sure, he's risky. But when the cost is basically zero, what's to complain about?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jericho said:

 

It's highly unlikely it would have been a 3rd or 4th rounder. It would be dependent on what contract Gordon signs in the offseason. Which, given the fact the Pats cut him and most of the league passed on him for virtually free, probably wouldn't be much. Then again, Breshad Perriman got $4 million dollars last offseason after a couple so-so game with the Browns while sucking hard and being free for months and months before that. So you never fully know...

 

But I'm surprised there wasn't more interest in Gordon. I'm not even sure there would be much public criticism to an acquisition. He's not a spousal abuser. He's weird and he has drug issues (or has had). So sure, he's risky. But when the cost is basically zero, what's to complain about?

 

locker room issues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, carex said:

 

locker room issues?

 

Anyone brought in could bring locker room issues. So its a possible risk, but it's not like Josh Gordon has a rep for being some locker room cancer. Drugs, yes. Cancer, no. New England did release him, but also acquired him and kept him around an additional season and tendered him a contract even while suspended by the league. So they liked Gordon enough after Season 1. Gordon clearly has his warts, but again he's virtually free. So the risk seems worth the potential reward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, carex said:

 

locker room issues?

 

Word on the street is Belicheck got fed up with Gordon's work ethic and being late and there were times where they didnt know where he was.  Because nobody was asking why the Pats just dumped him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Gordon contributes and doesn't cause any issues in Seattle there will be teams interested next year. He is troublesome but ultra talented.

Heck, Miami just took on Aqib Talib and over $4 mill to get a 5th round pick

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eagles waived veteran safety Andrew Sendejo today.  Prior to joining the Eagles he played eight seasons with the Vikings.  He started once this year

for the Eagles and appeared in nine games this season.  By getting rid of him today Eagles will not have to give Vikings a seventh round compensatory pick

and Eagles get a 4th round compensatory pick in 2020 from Vikings.  Should Skins be considering him this year or for next year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Cam Sims still on the team?  I know he was moved up from the practice squad to the 53 but I've never heard his name since. Has he just been inactive every week or what's up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

Is Cam Sims still on the team?  I know he was moved up from the practice squad to the 53 but I've never heard his name since. Has he just been inactive every week or what's up?

 

they've dropped him back down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, carex said:

 

they've dropped him back down

 

That's a shame. Now is the time that they should be looking at guys like him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

 

That's a shame. Now is the time that they should be looking at guys like him. 

I agree in theory - I’d really like to see Sims have a chance in a real game, but they’d have to cut someone and they already have a bunch of young guys out there in McLaurin, Harmon, Steve Sims, and Quinn... and they aren’t cutting Richardson.  They could go with 6 receivers and cut someone from another position group though.  
Sims’ catch radius and combo of size speed is intriguing to me, particularly pairing him with Haskins.  I would consider making Quinn inactive and having Harmon and Steve Sims split slot duties with Richardson and Cam both getting work at Z.  
Not that I dislike Quinn...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I agree in theory - I’d really like to see Sims have a chance in a real game, but they’d have to cut someone and they already have a bunch of young guys out there in McLaurin, Harmon, Steve Sims, and Quinn... and they aren’t cutting Richardson.  They could go with 6 receivers and cut someone from another position group though.  
Sims’ catch radius and combo of size speed is intriguing to me, particularly pairing him with Haskins.  I would consider making Quinn inactive and having Harmon and Steve Sims split slot duties with Richardson and Cam both getting work at Z.  
Not that I dislike Quinn...

 

right now they don't have enough healthy bodies at the offensive positions to cut anyone

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2019 at 5:02 PM, veteranskinsfan said:

Eagles waived veteran safety Andrew Sendejo today.  Prior to joining the Eagles he played eight seasons with the Vikings.  He started once this year

for the Eagles and appeared in nine games this season.  By getting rid of him today Eagles will not have to give Vikings a seventh round compensatory pick

and Eagles get a 4th round compensatory pick in 2020 from Vikings.  Should Skins be considering him this year or for next year?

Why? Collins is a beast leading the team in tackles and Apke has looked excellent at FS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the team cut Shaun Wilson. Which was weird since the team seemed to go out of its way to have him make the 53 and then IR him. And then cut him from IR.

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

I agree in theory - I’d really like to see Sims have a chance in a real game, but they’d have to cut someone and they already have a bunch of young guys out there in McLaurin, Harmon, Steve Sims, and Quinn... and they aren’t cutting Richardson.  They could go with 6 receivers and cut someone from another position group though.  
Sims’ catch radius and combo of size speed is intriguing to me, particularly pairing him with Haskins.  I would consider making Quinn inactive and having Harmon and Steve Sims split slot duties with Richardson and Cam both getting work at Z.  
Not that I dislike Quinn...

 

It seems amazing that a 1-8 team simply has too much talent to make room for a 6th WR. Though it's not like the offense can actually throw the ball, so it's probably moot anyhow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2019 at 1:02 PM, veteranskinsfan said:

Eagles waived veteran safety Andrew Sendejo today.  Prior to joining the Eagles he played eight seasons with the Vikings.  He started once this year

for the Eagles and appeared in nine games this season.  By getting rid of him today Eagles will not have to give Vikings a seventh round compensatory pick

and Eagles get a 4th round compensatory pick in 2020 from Vikings.  Should Skins be considering him this year or for next year?

How did Philly get a 4th out of that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jericho said:

I see the team cut Shaun Wilson. Which was weird since the team seemed to go out of its way to have him make the 53 and then IR him. And then cut him from IR.

 

It seems amazing that a 1-8 team simply has too much talent to make room for a 6th WR. Though it's not like the offense can actually throw the ball, so it's probably moot anyhow.

 

they had to sign a TE cause they only had one completely healthy one and then they had to sign a RB cause they only had one completely healthy one

 

And Jay Gruden is no longer the coach, plus Wilson went on IR before Smallwood had taken a snap for the Skins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, skinny21 said:

I agree in theory - I’d really like to see Sims have a chance in a real game, but they’d have to cut someone and they already have a bunch of young guys out there in McLaurin, Harmon, Steve Sims, and Quinn... and they aren’t cutting Richardson.  They could go with 6 receivers and cut someone from another position group though.  
Sims’ catch radius and combo of size speed is intriguing to me, particularly pairing him with Haskins.  I would consider making Quinn inactive and having Harmon and Steve Sims split slot duties with Richardson and Cam both getting work at Z.  
Not that I dislike Quinn...

 

I would rather just see Harmon get more reps than trading Quinn for Cam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohhh boy howdy..I said something about it a few weeks back actually...the talk that's gonna start happening when the panthers get closer to releasing cam newton...snyder seeing how his neighbors are doing with there fancy new toy that is playing the same style snyder's old toy was playing gonna get snyder thinking I want it back I want newton...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, carex said:

 

right now they don't have enough healthy bodies at the offensive positions to cut anyone

Yeah, I know... can’t see the benefit of losing a defensive player for a 6th wr either.  

10 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Why? Collins is a beast leading the team in tackles and Apke has looked excellent at FS.

Apke’s been excellent?  I have no complaints about the dude (he’s not let free runners deep, so that’s nice), but what makes you say excellent?  Not saying you’re wrong, I just haven’t noticed more than 2 good plays and maybe 2 decent ones.  

10 hours ago, Jericho said:

 

It seems amazing that a 1-8 team simply has too much talent to make room for a 6th WR. Though it's not like the offense can actually throw the ball, so it's probably moot anyhow.

Ha, so true.  

59 minutes ago, dballer said:

 

I would rather just see Harmon get more reps than trading Quinn for Cam. 

Yeah, I have a lot of hope for Harmon and would like to see him involved more.  I do like that Cam brings a different element and he’s really shined in preseason games, but I don’t see him getting much of a chance unless 1 or 2 receivers go down.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.