Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

On 9/25/2019 at 5:06 PM, goskins10 said:

Not at all.  Every statement was/is true.  This is a new season.  Moses has struggled for sure but the last few years he has been what I said. Average.  Scherff is still an excellent G. Williams is not in the line up which clearly impacts the entire line.  And I said I advocated trading last season and I did again this season before his hold out. Had they done what I said we would have his replacement already. lauvao  is gone as I suggested. It was speaking to where they were at that time and it looks like I was 100% correct. 

I love people who scour old posts trying to find some nugget in a petty effort to catch people on because most times it’s still them that is wrong.  Thanks for proving that again. 

Umm.. not sure what games you're watching.

Moses has been terrible and Schriff has been below average so far. in fact this twosome is playing so bad they are making Penn and Flowers look like all pros. I love it when no matter how many time some people a proven wrong, they'll continue to make excuses or idiotic statements lacking any truth.

2 hours ago, oraphus said:

Umm.. not sure what games you're watching.

Moses has been terrible and Schriff has been below average so far. in fact this twosome is playing so bad they are making Penn and Flowers look like all pros. I love it when no matter how many time some people a proven wrong, they'll continue to make excuses or idiotic statements lacking any truth.

The only thing idiotic is your intent on picking an internet fight with a complete stranger over something that you are actually totally wrong about. You scour the comments from months ago and then try to twist them into something that has nothing to with right now.  At that time those statements were made they were in fact 100% accurate. 

Not wasting my time This is my last response. 

11 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

We ditched McKinzy for an interesting TE prospect the Colts were trying to stash. Some Colts fans not happy.

About time we got them back

A-freaking-men.  

(huh, that looks different spelled out than it sounds in my head)

If I’m looking at the numbers right, we could make some key moves - cutting Norman, Reed, AP, maybe Moses, and trading Trent - and have somewhere north of 80mil in cap space next year.

I’m wondering what tackles or corners might be available in FA next year...

Also makes me lean more toward re-signing Scherff, especially with Alex Smith hopefully coming off the books pre-2021.  

39 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

If I’m looking at the numbers right, we could make some key moves - cutting Norman, Reed, AP, maybe Moses, and trading Trent - and have somewhere north of 80mil in cap space next year.

Also makes me lean more toward re-signing Scherff, especially with Alex Smith hopefully coming off the books pre-2021.  

I agree with all of this.  Time for a new core of players lead by many of the young guys on defense. 

Only question I have is if it is better to just eat Smith's cap hit next year with that $80 million in space and be done?

Edit:  I'd move on from Kerrigan as well.  By the time, if ever, this team is ready to compete he will just be an expensive piece

39 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

I agree with all of this.  Time for a new core of players lead by many of the young guys on defense. 

Only question I have is if it is better to just eat Smith's cap hit next year with that $80 million in space and be done?

This is a good point.  I’m really torn.  Probably the smart move as we’re not likely pulling a 180 next year - ie it might be better to wait another year before really delving into FA.  OTOH, hanging onto Smith for one more year could be a help to a young qb (however that shakes out).  Of course, that brings with it the potential that Smith takes reps and possibly even starts away from the young guy. 

Honestly though, I’m guessing Allen will want to keep Smith around rather than potentially looking bad with that dead cap albatross.  I think he’ll still want to be vindicated for the signing.  I’m actually afraid that Allen’s ego also gets in the way of cutting loose Reed and Moses (since he was responsible for extending both IIRC) as well as Norman.  Between the above moves and trading Trent, a new GM could make a big difference...

27 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

This is a good point.  I’m really torn.  Probably the smart move as we’re not likely pulling a 180 next year - ie it might be better to wait another year before really delving into FA.  OTOH, hanging onto Smith for one more year could be a help to a young qb (however that shakes out).  Of course, that brings with it the potential that Smith takes reps and possibly even starts away from the young guy. 

Honestly though, I’m guessing Allen will want to keep Smith around rather than potentially looking bad with that dead cap albatross.  I think he’ll still want to be vindicated for the signing.  I’m actually afraid that Allen’s ego also gets in the way of cutting loose Reed and Moses (since he was responsible for extending both IIRC) as well as Norman.  Between the above moves and trading Trent, a new GM could make a big difference...

It just makes sense to sign a new GM to figure all of that stuff out. Give him the flexibility to create cap space, hire a new coach and bring in whatever free agents he wants. Wow, there could not be a more appropriate time to fire Bruce than right now with all of the possibilities looming.

3 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Talk is that with it being the last year of the CBA, 2020 may see a high number of high value one year deals in free agency. There are various other restrictions on how you can allocate spend against cap space, it could be a strange free agency period. 

https://www.redskins.com/news/redskins-sign-t-victor-salako-db-maurice-smith-to-practice-squad

Redskins Sign T Victor Salako, DB Maurice Smith To Practice Squad

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins have signed the following players to the practice squad:

• T Victor Salako
  • DB Maurice Smith

What does cam newton's contract look like?...dont bash me..my mind is just wandering about this Allen kid playing good for the Panthers do we see cam on the trading block?..I wouldnt want him here...ya never know with allen and snyder lol..but I could see him traded before the deadline 

Archived