Riggo-toni

The 2019 Free Agency Tracker -Added: Landon Collins, Rodgers-Cromartie, Donald Penn, Flowers, Smallwood. Lost:Preston Smith, Nsekhe, Crowder, HaHa

11 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Minkah for Trent and the Dolphins send us a second.

That sounds like a best case scenario, but I'll keep my Hopes up, sounds good

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Minkah for Trent and the Dolphins send us a second.

They would be massive idiots to do this mid-rebuild/tank. Goes against everything they're doing

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Dosent make sence for the phins to make that move...minkah for trent?..why?

They're going to need a high end salary to counter balance all those rookie contracts to reach the league cap minimum. On a more serious level, it is useful for a bunch of rookies to be with a gray beard whose knows the league and has succeeded in it. They need someone to be a role model. Plus, Trent is still a very good gray beard when healthy.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

They would be massive idiots to do this mid-rebuild/tank. Goes against everything they're doing

What's wrong with them being idiots if it breaks in our favor?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

They're going to need a high end salary to counter balance all those rookie contracts to reach the league cap minimum. On a more serious level, it is useful for a bunch of rookies to be with a gray beard whose knows the league and has succeeded in it. They need someone to be a role model. Plus, Trent is still a very good gray beard when healthy.

Ok that makes sense..I appreciate ya pointing that out to me..get er done bruce!! Lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

What's wrong with them being idiots if it breaks in our favor?

Also they got two firsts and a second for Tunsil/Stills.

Conceivably they could turn Stills Tunsil and Minkah into two firsts and Trent Williams...if they sent us Minkah and second that is. Trent would still be hugely important to presumably a rookie QB next year.

Think theres a possibility minkah even wants to play here?..I could see the ex bama players speaking up trying to get him on board.

4 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Think theres a possibility minkah even wants to play here?..I could see the ex bama players speaking up trying to get him on board.

I think there's a big chance especially if we could lure Nick Saban to coach the 'skins in '20. Then again, at this point I would be okay with Mike Locksley. Heck, at this point Ray Handley might be looking good.

Are we ready for Jim Zorn II yet?

8 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think there's a big chance especially if we could lure Nick Saban to coach the 'skins in '20. Then again, at this point I would be okay with Mike Locksley. Heck, at this point Ray Handley might be looking good.

Are we ready for Jim Zorn II yet?

I'll take Gruden again next year thanks..especially after he leads the skins to the playoffs this year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I'll take Gruden again next year thanks..especially after he leads the skins to the playoffs this year.

I wish I could get there mentally. I know I haven't thrown in the towel because I watched last year and I'm still loitering on the board looking for morsels of hope, but still... My best hope lies in the future and not with Allen and Gruden.

Looks like Robert Davis is back on the 53

This is the entire list -

Reserved/injured list: DL Caleb Brantley RB Derrius Guice

Signed from practice squad: WR Robert Davis

Signed the following free agent: CB Aaron Colvin

Signed to the practice squad: CB Deion Harris

Edited by HigSkin

2 minutes ago, PigskinRedskin said:

Why do they do the things that they do?

He was good when he was with the Jags.  BTW - that was his contract numbers with Houston, not what the Skins signed him for.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

He was good when he was with the Jags.  BTW - that was his contract numbers with Houston, not what the Skins signed him for.

Yeah, to be fair I really don't know the player well, just was more of a knee-jerk reaction of seeing the numbers that he let up, gets cut and we grab him. I think I am just beaten down by this team haha. Thanks for the quick info.

• Like 1

Did we get Colvin cheap? If he was cut because he was abused by Michael Thomas and Drew Brees...he may still be good enough to start here. 

• Haha 2

Colvin in 2018, PFF

SOLO TACKLES
24T-102nd
INTERCEPTIONS
TARGETS
33T-107th
RECEPTIONS ALLOWED
26T-98th

* Stat rankings versus all other CB.

2018 PLAYER GRADES

OVERALL

RUN DEFENSE

PASS RUSH

COVERAGE

The good news is Colvin won't have a hard time adjusting to manuskys defense. 

Colvin,  coach where's the playbook?

Manusky, playbook?

Colvin,  yeah the book that covers all the defensive schemes and alignments.

Manusky, just go out there and find somebody to cover and try to keep him from catching the ball.

Colvin,   ok.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

The good news is Colvin won't have a hard time adjusting to manuskys defense. 

Colvin,  coach where's the playbook?

Manusky, playbook?

Colvin,  yeah the book that covers all the defensive schemes and alignments.

Manusky, just go out there and find somebody to cover and try to keep him from catching the ball.

Colvin,   ok.

I don't think that's Manusky's game plan. Manusky's more like... Back up. Keep an eye on the field. After a receiver catches the ball try to tackle him. But don't tackle him every time. Let him break a few to keep him off balance.

Edited by Burgold
  • Haha 1

The health of the Redskins' secondary prompted them to seek veteran experience rather than promoting one of their own off the practice squad. They signed Aaron Colvin, who was cut by the Houston Texans Tuesday -- one day after he allowed a key catch to New Orleans' Ted Ginn, leading to a game-winning field goal. Colvin was criticized for how much cushion he gave Ginn on the play. Washington needed another healthy body. Corners Fabian Moreau (doubtful with an ankle injury) and Quinton Dunbar (questionable with a knee injury) might not play Sunday. Moreau almost definitely won't while Dunbar did not practice the last two days. Colvin has started 28 games in his career. Washington also has Josh Norman, Jimmy Moreland and Domonique Rodgers- Cromartie. They signed corner Simeon Thomas earlier in the week, but that was mostly for special teams. They also have Adonis Alexander on the practice squad. Like Thomas, he's not viewed as someone who could help from scrimmage immediately.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
John Keim, ESPN Staff Writer5m ago
Edited by Skinsinparadise