Riggo-toni

The 2019 Free Agency Tracker -Added: Landon Collins, Rodgers-Cromartie, Donald Penn, Flowers, Smallwood. Lost:Preston Smith, Nsekhe, Crowder, HaHa

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Browns making room for a Williams trade?  Definitely a reach at this point, but they've been aggressive all off-season.  They're in win-now mode during Baker's window.  I would take a 1st or two 2nd's from them without hesitation.

They wouldn't have traded Zeitler if they wanted more money dumped into the OL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

They wouldn't have traded Zeitler if they wanted more money dumped into the OL

 

The Zeitler trade helped land OBJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

 

The Zeitler trade helped land OBJ

So if they basically offset salary, spending another 14-16 million on Williams doesn't make a lot of sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

So if they basically offset salary, spending another 14-16 million on Williams doesn't make a lot of sense. 

 

They’re $33 million under the cap. They have their franchise QB on a rookie contract without paying $20 million to a QB who will never play another down for them. They’d make it work. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

 

They’re $33 million under the cap. They have their franchise QB on a rookie contract without paying $20 million to a QB who will never play another down for them. They’d make it work. 

Only because of the rollover from 2018. 2020 they’re already over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.hookem.com/2018/03/02/watch-former-texas-ol-desmond-harrison-runs-fastest-ol-time-nfl-combine/

 

We should definitely consider Desmond Harrison. He sounds like trouble if he was kicked out of Texas and now missed a flight and didn't show up for camp. Still he is 6'6", has starting LT experience and ran a 4.9 and possible 4.75 at the combine. PFF had him graded pretty highly against the pass, so maybe our QB's won't get killed. Sign him as a camp body, at least. 

 

https://www.hookem.com/2018/03/02/watch-former-texas-ol-desmond-harrison-runs-fastest-ol-time-nfl-combine/

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

 

Weird.  The obvious difference is that Spotrac assumes a $188.2 million cap league-wide, while OTC assumes a $200 million cap.  Not sure what's causing the remaining difference.

The site you posted may not be completely updated as Sportrac has a pretty thorough rundown of the roster including Harrison’s release. Even if the cap does increase 12 mil that would basically negate Williams salary. I’m sure Cleveland would rather have the rollover from this year because there would be no chance they would get Washington to retain any of that salary amid all this animosity.

Edited by PartyPosse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

 

Weird.  The obvious difference is that Spotrac assumes a $188.2 million cap league-wide, while OTC assumes a $200 million cap.  Not sure what's causing the remaining difference.

 

Sportrac is adding up all players contracts, well over 60 players. That's why is a higher number. The OTC number is more reflective as its a 51 player cut off. 

 

Chances are your 20mil number is closer to reality.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

The site you posted may not be completely update as Sportrac has a pretty thorough rundown of the roster including Harrison’s release. Even if the cap does increase 12 mil that would basically negate Williams salary. I’m sure Cleveland would rather have the rollover from this year because there would be no chance they would get Washington to retain any of that salary amid all this animosity.

 

Sportrac number includes an additional 15 or so player contracts. OTC has a top 51 number.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Desmond Harrison sweepstakes appear to be over.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

 

Weird.  The obvious difference is that Spotrac assumes a $188.2 million cap league-wide, while OTC assumes a $200 million cap.  Not sure what's causing the remaining difference.

I don't think the salary cap will matter next year, it's probably going to be an uncapped year so we can absorb the remaining $20M but also sign who we want knowing that once the strike ends we will have cap space for the following year since all the bad debt will be off the books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I don't think the salary cap will matter next year, it's probably going to be an uncapped year so we can absorb the remaining $20M but also sign who we want knowing that once the strike ends we will have cap space for the following year since all the bad debt will be off the books.

 

.......... my memory isn't good enough to remember exactly what happened back then, but this sounds eerily similar to what caused us to get hit with a $36m cap penalty.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

 

.......... my memory isn't good enough to remember exactly what happened back then, but this sounds eerily similar to what caused us to get hit with a $36m cap penalty.

I think it's different because back then we restructured contracts so the cap space could be absorbed during the uncapped year.  In this situation we aren't restructuring anything we are just cutting an injured player and absorbing the remaining amount of the cap hit, I guess we could be safe and split it over the next 2 years which still helps.

 

I guess it depends if the rest of the owners feel we are gaining a competitive advantage.  That would be pure crap if they make us spread it out as to say a team couldn't take on a $20M cap hit within 1 year in a normal season but it's possible.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A gazelle? He looks pretty slow and clunky 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2019 at 6:45 PM, dyst said:

A gazelle? He looks pretty slow and clunky 

 

Certainly in that clip he did, I agree.

 

All those tweets made it seem like he is a stud.  

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Washington signed defensive back Ashton Lampkin. Lampkin has never played a regular-season NFL game.

Lampkin entered the league in 2017 as an undrafted free agent, signing with the Chiefs. But he tore an anterior cruciate ligament in training camp.

Lampkin was injured again during last summer’s training camp, and the Chiefs reached an injury settlement with him.

:wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FrFan said:

Washington signed defensive back Ashton Lampkin. Lampkin has never played a regular-season NFL game.

Lampkin entered the league in 2017 as an undrafted free agent, signing with the Chiefs. But he tore an anterior cruciate ligament in training camp.

Lampkin was injured again during last summer’s training camp, and the Chiefs reached an injury settlement with him.

:wacko:

The gift that keeps on giving

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.