Riggo-toni

The 2019 Free Agency Tracker -Added: Landon Collins, Rodgers-Cromartie, Donald Penn, Flowers, Smallwood. Lost:Preston Smith, Nsekhe, Crowder, HaHa

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

I would point out, as Jay quite accurately has, that Moses seemed to get hit with a lot of BS holding calls last year.  I think this is one of those situations where a narrative has been created that he holds a lot and so officials are looking for it all the time and tossing the flag at any hint of holding.  Player reputations can be a major driver of flags and it was clear that he was being held to a different standard on a number of occasions last year.

 

Well, he gets away with multiple false starts just about every week, so it evens out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ddub52 said:

I think a lot of those issues are caused by his knees. I saw him walk out to the family section after the Tampa game, and dude looked like he could barely walk. I think he often plays injured 

 

I'm pretty sure that's the case.  He seems like he's limited in practice and on the injury report just about every single week and often comes out of games having gotten nicked up.  But then you look and see he hasnt missed a start in 4 years.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In today's Washington Post John Clayton ranks the NFC in terms of how they did in free agency.

Here are his grades: 

         Cowboys C+

         Giants      C-

         Eagles      C

         Skins        C-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, veteranskinsfan said:

In today's Washington Post John Clayton ranks the NFC in terms of how they did in free agency.

Here are his grades: 

         Cowboys C+

         Giants      C-

         Eagles      C

         Skins        C-

 

Washington Post? Bwahahaha! No agenda to see here at all folks. :)

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

 

Washington Post? Bwahahaha! No agenda to see here at all folks. :)

In all honesty, the media is typically more right than wrong IMO when it comes to ranking anything Skins related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, veteranskinsfan said:

In today's Washington Post John Clayton ranks the NFC in terms of how they did in free agency.

Here are his grades: 

         Cowboys C+

         Giants      C-

         Eagles      C

         Skins        C-

I think the Eagles were a little better than that. We deserve the C- so far. One big signing that might be an overpay. Lost 2 guys that we should have let go. Overall, the team looks weaker than last year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dyst said:

In all honesty, the media is typically more right than wrong IMO when it comes to ranking anything Skins related.

Just let them be.  The dying breed still believes there is a conspiracy against the Skins.  Be it local or national media or the NFL itself.  They all unfairly have it out for the Skins.  Tinfoil hat required.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dyst said:

In all honesty, the media is typically more right than wrong IMO when it comes to ranking anything Skins related.

 

IMO the media, especially the Post, is full of **** when it comes to anything Redskins related.

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just let them be.  The dying breed still believes there is a conspiracy against the Skins.  Be it local or national media or the NFL itself.  They all unfairly have it out for the Skins.  Tinfoil hat required.

 

Not a conspiracy theory to note that the Post has had an agenda against the Redskins for 2 decades. The truth is the truth.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just let them be.  The dying breed still believes there is a conspiracy against the Skins.  Be it local or national media or the NFL itself.  They all unfairly have it out for the Skins.  Tinfoil hat required.


There is a fact that the Post tends to take the most negative position on most things Redskins. Having said that, the team pretty much deserves it most of the time. You can't continue to be adversarial at every point and expect anyone to give you the benefit of the doubt. 

 

The thing that bothers me most is that the relationship was soured by dan the minute he bought the team but as much of a buffoon as vinnie was, he has at least cordial to the media most of the time. He came off as a bit of bungler but not adversarial. Bruce on the other hand is aligned with dan and is just plain ugly to the media to the point of being so passive aggressive it's antagonistic. 


So are most of the Post and other media stories focused on the negative much more than the positive? Yes. But that's as much due to the way they have been treated by the team and the team has made some pretty poor decisions. If dan, bruce and the team would stop being such asshats and be a bit more transparent, maybe at least some in the media would find a way to give them the benefit of the doubt more. Until then there will a negative slant on just about everything, but the team pretty much deserves it. 

 

As an example - Alex came to town and he was open, honest, accessible and most of the media treated him pretty fairly. Some did not as an extension of how they feel about the team. But all it would take is for the team to stop treating the media as the enemy and I think the entire relationship would improve.

 

As for John Clayton's rankings, i really do not put much stock in them one way or the other. i would say the same if gave us an A. It's irrelevant at this point in the season. Just something for him to get paid. So my response is meh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

 

IMO the media, especially the Post, is full of **** when it comes to anything Redskins related.

 

Not a conspiracy theory to note that the Post has had an agenda against the Redskins for 2 decades. The truth is the truth.

A conspiracy would be if they continuously trash a winning team despite that team being successful. What the Post and other media outlets do, is call out a trash team for being pathetically inept in almost every facet of the game (ownership, management, coaching, player development, player production and fan service). The proof is in the overall record of the team, which is terrible (one of the worst in the league). The fact that fans are leaving in droves should be testament enough.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

 

IMO the media, especially the Post, is full of **** when it comes to anything Redskins related.

 

Not a conspiracy theory to note that the Post has had an agenda against the Redskins for 2 decades. The truth is the truth.

 

Not sure what it is you would like them to write about.  The last time they truly had anything remotely positive to write about was the latter half of 2015.  Interesting choice of words in “truth is the truth”.  The truth is the Redskins are a ho-hum mediocre, average at best team with unlikable characters calling most of the shots.  I’d bet a large sum that if and when things change for the better, the writing will reflect that.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

 

Not sure what it is you would like them to write about.  The last time they truly had anything remotely positive to write about was the latter half of 2015.  Interesting choice of words in “truth is the truth”.  The truth is the Redskins are a ho-hum mediocre, average at best team with unlikable characters calling most of the shots.  I’d bet a large sum that if and when things change for the better, the writing will reflect that.  

 

Agree with this part completely. This team has been .500 over the past 3 years. And the media and a large portion of the fan base act like they have won 3 games. The coverage is ridiculously poor. Yes. The Redskins make mistakes A LOT. But so do other franchises. The difference is the way the media covers it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

 

Agree with this part completely. This team has been .500 over the past 3 years. And the media and a large portion of the fan base act like they have won 3 games. The coverage is ridiculously poor. Yes. The Redskins make mistakes A LOT. But so do other franchises. The difference is the way the media covers it.

 

They gave them a C-.  Isn’t a C average?

 

There is no doubt that at one time the post was at war with Dan.  But merely averaging a .500 record over a span of 3 years in today’s NFL isn’t going to buy you a whole lot of love.  Particularly when Dan’s right hand man is an unlikable douche with no track record of success in his career of riding on daddy’s coattail.  Doug, while likable, puts his foot in his mouth nearly every time he speaks publicly.  The top brass resume is meh, their results are meh and as public figures they stink.  Not sure why you think they deserve better.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

 

Agree with this part completely. This team has been .500 over the past 3 years. And the media and a large portion of the fan base act like they have won 3 games. The coverage is ridiculously poor. Yes. The Redskins make mistakes A LOT. But so do other franchises. The difference is the way the media covers it.

 

I just saw that CBS sports ranking of the Skins free agency and their cristicism seemed weak to me.  Overpaid for Collins, like the guy didn't almost get the franchise tag, multi year for Peterson; two years so that if he's still good this year they don't have to go through it again, 4 mil for Flowers which I'm pretty sure has been revealed to be wrong

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

 

Agree with this part completely. This team has been .500 over the past 3 years. And the media and a large portion of the fan base act like they have won 3 games. The coverage is ridiculously poor. Yes. The Redskins make mistakes A LOT. But so do other franchises. The difference is the way the media covers it.

 

 

This is what drove me to join this site. I felt like I was reading about the Cleveland Browns before they began to turn it around, when in reality we were closer to a playoff team. It would be nice if the writing and fan base reflected that. Some people don’t want to hear all of the constant negativity when the football related decisions and results on the field are closer to average. Deserving of criticism, sure. But criticism and what I pick up on reading the board and listening and reading the media are very different. Has always been sort of an isolated opinion on here though...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2019 at 11:14 PM, Stadium-Armory said:

I wonder what Dez Bryant is up to. :silly:

 

Writing on Twitter to get attention.

 

But, he is the ultimate one-year prove it type out there isn't he?   For a team not swimming in receiver talent, after the draft, if he's still posting on Twitter, I wonder if he will be for long :).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Art said:

 

Writing on Twitter to get attention.

 

But, he is the ultimate one-year prove it type out there isn't he?   For a team not swimming in receiver talent, after the draft, if he's still posting on Twitter, I wonder if he will be for long :).

Interesting.  He needs a short, IMO.  A prove it deal and he's be able to play the Boys twice a year.  Hmmm.  I could go for it.  :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, carex said:

 

I just saw that CBS sports ranking of the Skins free agency and their cristicism seemed weak to me.  Overpaid for Collins, like the guy didn't almost get the franchise tag, multi year for Peterson; two years so that if he's still good this year they don't have to go through it again, 4 mil for Flowers which I'm pretty sure has been revealed to be wrong

 

Reading through thoughts of a variety media sites and general NFL fan message boards, I would describe reactions to the Redskins signings as:

 

Collins: Mixed reactions.  He signed for more than most thought he would get, largely based on low salaries given to his position in recent years, and the perception that his pass defense is not a strength (in a league with increased emphasis on the passing game).  On the other hand, I have seen a lot of people question the Giants for not keeping him at 11 mil for next year.

 

Peterson: reactions seem to think resigning him was a good move in general.  Most seem to think he played better than expected for the Skins last season, and that his salary is worth it based on his contribution to the team.  Some make the argument that it is easy to get such production much cheaper with a mid to late round RB, but I don't really agree with that.

 

Flowers: Almost  everyone who has given an opinion on this thinks that this was a massive overpay by the Redskins.  The consensus is that he is not a player that should get ANY guaranted cash, and that a league minimum deal was probably what he would get.  So, basically, if he gets cut by the Skins, he is being paid twice as much as people expected him to get paid if he made a team and was retained for a full season.  If he is not cut, he is getting paid four times as much as would be expected, and will be making more than most of the Redskins starters... Even if he doesn't see the field much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really astonished that Allen and Co. haven't extended Brandon Scherff yet.  All the big money in FA has been doled out to the big names and the numbers are there for them to work with.  The Skins said that was one of their major deals to have completed and we still wait.  I wonder what the holdup is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Art said:

 

Writing on Twitter to get attention.

 

But, he is the ultimate one-year prove it type out there isn't he?   For a team not swimming in receiver talent, after the draft, if he's still posting on Twitter, I wonder if he will be for long :).

 

I was against looking at Dez last year because I believed he was going to want more money than his production was worth but in looking at an article recently I saw that his deal with the Saints was for 1.25m only.  A year further down the line and coming off a serious injury I have to think the price would be pretty much veteran minimum now and it is not as if we are overloaded with weapons in the receiving game.  I would think at the very least he would be supremely motivated and I am sure would enjoy sticking it to the Cowgirls twice this year, if he can be a team player we should at least bring him in for a visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RWJ said:

I'm really astonished that Allen and Co. haven't extended Brandon Scherff yet.  All the big money in FA has been doled out to the big names and the numbers are there for them to work with.  The Skins said that was one of their major deals to have completed and we still wait.  I wonder what the holdup is?

 

Dont set me off again...keep saying but until it's a done deal I think Bruce is looking to trade him....SF need a RG and we might want to jump up a long way in he draft.....:kickcan:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, complaints about media bias because they gave us a C- in a divisional group where no one got above a C+ would strike me as kind of amazing if I hadn't been reading this board for years. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

 

Dont set me off again...keep saying but until it's a done deal I think Bruce is looking to trade him....SF need a RG and we might want to jump up a long way in he draft.....:kickcan:

I just don't see it, UK74.  That would leave 2 holes in our starting OL.  He's the youngest and best OLmen on our line.  TW is long in the tooth and get's injured more and more each year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if we were going to follow up on his workout or not but Eric Fisher has signed with the Bills today, confirmed on his Instagram account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I just don't see it, UK74.  That would leave 2 holes in our starting OL.  He's the youngest and best OLmen on our line.  TW is long in the tooth and get's injured more and more each year. 

 

Me neither, but if Dan and Bruce fall in love with Haskins we are moving a **** load of capital to move up in the draft. This has RG3 type move, picks or players, written all over it.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.