• Blog Entries

    • By TK in ES Coverage
         0
      The Bill Callahan era began here at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami. For the first quarter it was really,really bad football being played by both teams. 
      The Redskins were determined to establish the Run game. The First Quarter all they established was that they still couldn’t run. Or pass. Or do much of anything. 
       
      It wasn’t until the 2nd Quarter that Peterson was able to start ripping the worst Run D in the League for chunks of 18 & 24 yards. The Skins managed to score a TD with a 25 yard pass to Scary Terry McLaurin. 
       
      The Dolphins would open the Second Half only managing five plays before the Redskins would get the ball punted back to them. They would run a balanced run/pass attack of six plays for 70 yards in 1:25 ending in McLaurin’s second touchdown of the day. The Defense would then get a turnover allowing the Offense to get to Field Goal range and add another 3 points to make the score 17-3. 
       
      To open the Fourth Quarter, Hopkins would miss a 55 yard Field Goal, leaving the score at 17-3.  After being sacked five times, the Dolphins would pull their own switcharoo at QB and go to Ryan “Neckbeard” Fitzpatrick which resulted in a touchdown drive for them, making it 17-10. They went for & recovered the Onside Kick. They also managed to not score any points after that. The Dolphins would find theirselves with ball at the 2:00 Warning. Fitzpatrick would take them on a 9 play 75 yard touchdown drive with six seconds remaining on the clock. Miami went for the win with the 2 Point Conversion and failed. The Redskins would recover the onside kick by Miami and Keenum took a knee to get the Redskins their first win of the season. 
Riggo-toni

The 2019 Free Agency Tracker -Added: Landon Collins, Rodgers-Cromartie, Donald Penn, Flowers, Smallwood. Lost:Preston Smith, Nsekhe, Crowder, HaHa

Recommended Posts

Speaking of all of the health and durability issues with players...  can we hire some quality Free Agent injury-prevention specialists for our team?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, RWJ said:

Thoughts on him moving at LG?

 

 

Mark Bullock, who does nothing but show and watch film, says his hands are terrible and that won't translate well to guard. 

 

Everyone thinks we overpaid. 
 

 

14 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

 

Yeah. he was awful. I mean I didnt watch tape before the draft or anything on the guy? Every single game he played in college is available to watch on Youtube.  I had a 2nd round grade on him and my thoughts are on this board for all to see from a couple of years ago. His tape was good. Not top ten good. but good. My concerns were his hand strength/punch. I liked his feet. But knew he was going to need work at the next level.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cool man. Hope you get a lot of views on your blog, or whatever. I don't care. 

 

The guy hasn't been worthy of a second rounder since entering the league has he? 

 

Terrible hands is supposedly not good for a move to guard. 

 

You really out here going to war for Ereck Flowers?

 

How about we talk about the fact that we gave this dude a mill for no reason but didn't even try to keep Nsheke, Crowder, or Smith.

Edited by SkinsNoles21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, TheShredder said:

She's Hot...as a full blooded American Man, I shall defend her to the death!

 

 

Interesting shot - for someone who is of Polish decent she looks Korean in that photo.

Edited by nonniey
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

I wonder what Dez Bryant is up to. :silly:

Dez-Bryant-Bane-mask-feat.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nonniey said:

Interesting shot - for someone who is of Polish decent she looks Korean in that photo.

I imagine no one even notices..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

 

 

Mark Bullock, who does nothing but show and watch film, says his hands are terrible and that won't translate well to guard. 

 

Everyone thinks we overpaid. 
 

 

 

 

Cool man. Hope you get a lot of views on your blog, or whatever. I don't care. 

 

The guy hasn't been worthy of a second rounder since entering the league has he? 

 

Terrible hands is supposedly not good for a move to guard. 

 

You really out here going to war for Ereck Flowers?

 

How about we talk about the fact that we gave this dude a mill for no reason but didn't even try to keep Nsheke, Crowder, or Smith.

I don't like the flowers signing...but WE didn't pay him ****...the REDSKINS who we have no control over, might have over paid him, but WE didn't...y'all should maybe consider just joining the cheerleader side of things?..

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

y'all should maybe consider just joining the cheerleader side of things?

You have a point...I've officially joined the cheerleaders! 9:1 ratio

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

Mark Bullock, who does nothing but show and watch film, says his hands are terrible and that won't translate well to guard. 

 

Everyone thinks we overpaid. 

Does he get paid if he doesn't make the 53?  Usually not.  In that case, he gets a couple hundred grand and hits the street.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

With Flowers what's funny is if you go back and watch the Jaguars games he looks no worse than Morgan Moses. You think I am kidding? Go back and look. Moses looked just as bad at times last year as Flowers. However we have this notion that Moses is this stud at RT. He had an awful awful year there. Being that they will move him to LG he will be far superior to Lauvao or any of the street guys brought in. Lauvao got pushed back on nearly every snap he was in there. Again if you doubt this stuff use your own eyes and grab game pass. It's all there. I don't think people grasp how bad that left guard spot was last year at all.

Edited by fordranger76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

 

 

Mark Bullock, who does nothing but show and watch film, says his hands are terrible and that won't translate well to guard. 

 

Everyone thinks we overpaid. 

 

That's what everyone who is trying to get clicks says about virtually every free agent signed. That's because you pay more in free agency. The problem is they also only focus on the biggest number which is the maximum they can get paid. They do that to get people to over-react to contracts to get hits. The fact is there is only $1.5M guaranteed. That's the important number.

 

So if he ends being a camp body because he can't move to G or be the swing tackle they need - or he just short term insurance until the draft, it cost the team $1.5M. The up side is he Bill Callahan knows just little more than a talking head and turns him into a starting LG. Don't get me wrong of the talking heads Bullock is OK, but he is far from infallible. And like many of the talking heads finds out what the majority thinks then sees what he wants to see. 

 

 

Quote

 

The guy hasn't been worthy of a second rounder since entering the league has he? 

 

Here are several pre-draft reports that have him going mid to late 1st. That was his grade coming out of college by most people who chime in. My point is not whether individually those people have more credibility but that there was a consensus he had first or early second day grade. 

 

And honestly after having participated in the ES Mock Draft with @clskinsfan for several years i would trust his judgement as much or more than many so called professionals. 

 

Mid to late first rd. 

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2015eflowers.php

 

Has him as playing Guard in the NFL unless desperate for T. Giants misused him. - Late 1st rd maybe falls to the 2nd. 

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/4/2/8183561/2015-nfl-draft-ereck-flowers-breakdown-offensive-tackle-miami

 

Kiper had a late 1st rd grade on him

https://www.nj.com/giants/2015/05/nfl_draft_2015_heres_how_the_giants_ereck_flowers.html

 

 

 

Quote

 

Terrible hands is supposedly not good for a move to guard. 

 

You really out here going to war for Ereck Flowers?

 

No one is going to "war" for Flowers. So melodramatics aside, it's a risk reward equation. Very low risk with a very high reward. If it doesn't work out they give him his $1.5M and kick him to the curb. It's not that big a deal. It's still March with the draft, OTAs and TC to go before the 53 is decided. 

 

 

 

Quote

 

How about we talk about the fact that we gave this dude a mill for no reason but didn't even try to keep Nsheke, Crowder, or Smith.

 

To start they did not give him a $1M, at least not yet. Again, it's only $1.5M guaranteed. As for Nsekhe he is much older and has an injury history. He will turn 34 during the season. Flowers is 9 yrs younger. And Nsekhe cost a lot more - $6.2M guaranteed at signing. So the team should pay a 33 y/o with an injury history $6.2M guaranteed over a 24 y/o $1.5M with an easy out? Makes no sense. 

 

As for Crowder and Smith, the only thing I will say is both also got way over paid, especially Crowder. You are worried about $1.5M with a potential of $3.25M when Crowder got $17M guaranteed at signing and a total of $28M potential and Smith got $16M at signing, $52M total potential.  Crowder has been injured and Smith is uneven, great sometimes, disappears at others. 

 

You are not really making a good case here. Again, it's risk vs. reward. The risk is very much worth the potential reward with very little cost if it fails. 

Edited by goskins10
Correected contract amounts
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Supposed to rain in DC today. Is the practice "bubble" even up this time of year??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 

Because he wants to be a TE. 

 

Well no matter how hard I try to be cool, I always end up being a dork. We all should deal with what we are!!!!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UK_HOG said:

 

 

The guaranteed money is $1.5 million.

 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/ereck-flowers-16733/

 

 

 

You are right. I was looking at the guarantee salary but not including the signing bonus. But what I also missed - and so did others, his total contract is $3.25M not $4M.

 

Still not a lot of money in NFL standards, especially when you see the total is $3.25 not $4M. I stand by my position. This is a low risk high reward option. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fordranger76 said:

With Flowers what's funny is if you go back and watch the Jaguars games he looks no worse than Morgan Moses. You think I am kidding? Go back and look. Moses looked just as bad at times last year as Flowers. However we have this notion that Moses is this stud at RT. He had an awful awful year there. Being that they will move him to LG he will be far superior to Lauvao or any of the street guys brought in. Lauvao got pushed back on nearly every snap he was in there. Again if you doubt this stuff use your own eyes and grab game pass. It's all there. I don't think people grasp how bad that left guard spot was last year at all.

Totally agree about Moses being garbage last year, but and I hate to defend Lauvao but when he is healthy he is decent especially in the Running game.  The obvious problem is that he cant stay healthy.  I dont think many around here are staying that Moses is great or even good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moses is a perfectly good Right Tackle when fully fit, sadly he has been dealing with ankle injuries for most of the last 2 seasons and so is some way below his best.  Truth is Lauvao is decent when fit but he frequently isn't, Trent is great but frequently playing with an injury or out altogether, Ty was good when fully fit but again he rarely was.  If Flowers can play 16 games at close to full health then I like the signing, for the Redskins line the best ability is availability and I trust that Callahan can once again turn chicken s*** into chicken salad.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I imagine no one even notices..

Disregard

Edited by nonniey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Moses is garbage. Skins FO got taken for a ride when they paid him like one of the top RTs in NFL. He hasnt played that way ever since he signed that big contract. He's also been injured early every year. While FO likes to trot our the O line as the strength of the team (when healthy) reality is that the Skins O line is average at best. 

Williams - getting injury proned and his play has slipped the last couple of years.

Moses - never played up to his contract.. he is average at best when healthy and leads the NFL w hold penalties

Lavao - average when healthy, which he never is

Scheriff - was just above average last year, before he got hurt

Roullier - above average starter

 

And while being slightly above average at pass blocking when healthy.. they'v been downright awful as a unit in run blocking.

 

Even with all the money invested in the O line, this team will soon need to again invest considerable draft capital in to the O line, or get lucky on a couple of more late pics.

 

Edited by oraphus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nickel and diming the Flowers move because of the money seems silly, its a 1 yr deal so who cares, he's a below average offensive lineman which is why he's getting just under $4M per.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, oraphus said:

Moses is garbage. Skins FO got taken for a ride when they paid him like one of the top RTs in NFL. He hasnt played that way ever since he signed that big contract. He's also been injured early every year. While FO likes to trot our the O line as the strength of the team (when healthy) reality is that the Skins O line is average at best. 

Williams - getting injury proned and his play has slipped the last couple of years.

Moses - never played up to his contract.. he is average at best when healthy 

Lavao - average when healthy, which he never is

Scheriff - was just above average last year, before he got hurt

Roullier - above average starter

 

And while being slightly above average at pass blocking when healthy.. they'v been downright awful as a unit in run blocking.

 

Even with all the money invested in the O line, this team will soon need to again invest considerable draft capital in to the O line, or get lucky on a couple of more late pics.

 

 

Can you show me the games you have been watching? Clearing we are not watching the same ones. 

 

Williams - Has definitely had injury problems I agree. I advocated trading him last yr. Having said that, even with him slipping, he is still a top 5 LT. 

Moses - He is anything but garbage. This is gross exaggeration. He has been playing through a lot of injuries but when in has at least average if not above average. 

Lauvao - This is the one that I had to read twice - At no point in the last few seasons has he been average. He gets trucked on a regular basis. May be the worst player on the team Oline or not.  

Scherff - Just above average? Good grief this guy is a ****ing beast. Easily in the top 5 of Gs in the NFL. 

Roullier - Not really enough of a sample to tell. But he did OK when in. 

 

They have struggled with run blocking until they had a RB that could hit holes. Much has been published that the much maligned run blocking of the skins has been largely due to poor RBs. Last yr they had a better back until he got injured and they regressed. Coincidence? Me thinks not. 

Edited by goskins10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

 

Can you show me the games you have been watching? Clearing we are not watching the same ones. 

 

Williams - Has definitely had injury problems I agree. I advocated trading him last yr. Having said that, even with him slipping, he is still a top 5 LT. 

Moses - He is anything but garbage. This is gross exaggeration. He has been playing through a lot of injuries but when in has at least average if not above average. 

Lauvao - This is the one that I had to read twice - At no point in the last few seasons has he been average. He gets trucked on a regular basis. May be the worst player on the team Oline or not.  

Scherff - Just above average? Good grief this guy is a ****ing beast. Easily in the top 5 of Gs in the NFL. 

Roullier - Not really enough of a sample to tell. But he did OK when in. 

 

They have struggled with run blocking until they had a RB that could hit holes. Much has been published that the much maligned run blocking of the skins has been largely due to poor RBs. Last yr they had a better back until he got injured and they regressed. Coincidence? Me thinks not. 

 Pretty sure we watched the same games.. and if you take off the homer glasses and watch he games subjectively you'll see that while our RBs were not great, AP would be dodging/ breaking tackles in the backfield before he even hit the line of scrimmage. That says more about him as still being exceptionally good at 34 than about the quality of the O line.

 

as an independent matrix... PFF grades for

Williams -74 (above avg)

Sherff - 70 (above average)

Roullier - 62 (avg)

Lavao - 52 (below avg)

Moses - 64 (avg) the fact that he leads the nfl at holding calls should tell you something

Edited by oraphus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oraphus said:

 Pretty sure we watched the same games.. and if you take off the homer glasses and watch he games subjectively you'll see that while our RBs were not great, AP would be dodging/ breaking tackles in the backfield before he even hit the line of scrimmage. That says more about him as still being exceptionally good at 34 than about the quality of the O line.

 

as an independent matrix... PFF grades for

Williams -74 (above avg)

Sherff - 70 (above average)

Roullier - 62 (avg)

Lavao - 52 (below avg)

Moses - 64 (avg)

 

you need to throw out your thesaurus if average and garbage are synonyms in it

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, carex said:

 

you need to throw out your thesaurus if average and garbage are synonyms in it

when you're getting top 4 RT salary in the NFL, average = garbage. In his case grading him as average is very generous imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oraphus said:

 Pretty sure we watched the same games.. and if you take off the homer glasses and watch he games subjectively you'll see that while our RBs were not great, AP would be dodging/ breaking tackles in the backfield before he even hit the line of scrimmage. That says more about him as still being exceptionally good at 34 than about the quality of the O line.

 

as an independent matrix... PFF grades for

Williams -74 (above avg)

Sherff - 70 (above average)

Roullier - 62 (avg)

Lavao - 52 (below avg)

Moses - 64 (avg)

 

Ok, you can stop with the homer bull****. It's a lazy argument. Proves you have no real point.

 

PFF is OK but not perfect or anywhere close. You have to take their grades with a grain if salt as in the end it's still mostly just opinion, I do not have the time to point out the many many crazy grades they give to people. Suffice it to say that does not really help your argument. 

 

No one is saying the Oline is great. I was more referring to your individual evaluation. But i see its not really your evaluation you just copied PFF. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.