• Blog Entries

    • By Destino in ES Coverage
         1
      Good afternoon Redskins fans!  I have once again been invited to sit in the relative comfort of the press box and shout my thoughts into the void via this blog.  As you watch the game today and see the rain  pour relentlessly from the heavens, know that I am safe and dry.  Know also that @Spaceman Spiff is out there somewhere, cold and unappreciated, rolling around in the muck trying to capture that perfect picture.  Maybe say a little prayer for his health (or laugh, whatever, I’m not judging you).  Also, be sure not to miss the pictures he posts on this site after each game.     
       
      Before we get into today's Redskins game, I want give some thanks for more positive occurrences in DC sports.  Congrats to the Washington Mystics for winning their first championship.  Congrats go out to the Washington Nationals as well for reaching the world series.  These two teams (along with the Caps) are working hard to change the sports related mood around this town, and we're all happier for it. 
       
      Lets move now into less cheerful topics, namely your Washington Redskins!  Yow know things are going bad, and I mean really dang bad, when your team has gone through three quarterbacks and two coaches and your not even half way through the season.  Today's fresh hell comes in the form of a specter of the our recent past coming to smirk at our misfortune.  Im talking of course of Kyle.  Kyle's spent the week assuring everyone that he isn’t holding a grudge, while very obviously holding a grudge.  “Everything else.”  You know what I’m talking about. 
       
      If all he brought to town were his hurt feelings we wouldn’t have a problem.  Sadly, he’s arrived with an undefeated football team that the NFL says we have to play this week.  This feels entirely unfair. 
       
      My generic key to the game:  Run the ball and stop the run.  The team (spoiler alert: 49ers) that does this today will win.   
       
      Redskins Inactives  
      QB Colt McCoy  
      S Deshazor Everett  
      CB Josh Norman  
      RB Chris THompson  
      LB Josh Harvey-Clemons 
      G Wes Martin  
      TE Vernon Davis  
       
      49ers inactives  
      QB CJ Beathard 
      WR Deebo Samuel  
      CB Ahkello Witherspoon  
      FB Kyle Juszczyk 
      T Mike McGLinchey 
      T Joe Staley 
      DL DJ Jones 
       
      1st Quarter Update
      Redskins 0 – 0 49ers
       
      Callahan wasn’t playing around when he said he wanted to run the ball.  That first drive was all runs, and looked great... right up until they tried to pass the ball.  Hopkins missed the relatively short fied goal, because of course he did.     

      Maybe Quinn isn’t a good choice to be returning punts?  Consider it.    
       
      That second Redskins drive looked more like what we’ve come to expect from this offense.  Run for negative yards, pass dropped, and an unsuccessful screen pass.  A quintessential Redskins three and out. 

      Passing yards this quarter:  Redskins 3. 49ers 9.  Are you not entertained?! 
       
      Half Time Update
      Redskins 0 – 0 49ers 
       
      How happy are you to spend your Sunday afternoon watching this game?  Consider that some people paid money, to sit in a poncho, in the rain, to watch this game. 
       
      It’s now time for those half time adjustments that our beloved skins do so well.  It’s unlikely the second half mirrors the first. 
       
      3rd Quarter Update 
      Redskins 0 – 3 49ers  
       
      Good news, this game will not end in a 0-0 tie.  Those half time adjustments have kicked in as expected and the 49ers have found a way onto the scoreboard in this messy throwback game.  The Redskins have decided to spend the second half collecting holding penalties and sadness.  Mercifully, only one quarter remains. 
       
       
Riggo-toni

The 2019 Free Agency Tracker -Added: Landon Collins, Rodgers-Cromartie, Donald Penn, Flowers, Smallwood. Lost:Preston Smith, Nsekhe, Crowder, HaHa

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Why? Because they signed some washed up WR? i cant believe how attention and praise they are getting over a WR that GB  didn't even want to bring back

Washed up WR that would be the best WR on our team?? 

 

Oh yeah, him

 

and Cooper. And Gallup. And Elliot. And Dak. And their OL. And their stingy defense. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Washed up WR that would be the best WR on our team?? 

 

Oh yeah, him

 

and Cooper. And Gallup. And Elliot. And Dak. And their OL. And their stingy defense. 

 

Yet both games will be decided by 7 points or less. Neither franchise has an elite QB, so no big deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Washed up WR that would be the best WR on our team?? 

 

Oh yeah, him

 

and Cooper. And Gallup. And Elliot. And Dak. And their OL. And their stingy defense. 

Their OL is so over rated..They aren't as good as they use to be..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep the cowboys seem to be suited up a bit better...so do the eagles and it's looking more n more like the basement for us. Till the NFL no longer exists...any given Sunday, throw out who has who on each other team's rosters, divisional games especially is anyone's game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Washed up WR that would be the best WR on our team?? 

 

Oh yeah, him

 

and Cooper. And Gallup. And Elliot. And Dak. And their OL. And their stingy defense. 

First off Cobb at this stage in his career is not better than Doctson or Richardson.If Doctson and Richardson were playing with Aaron Rodgers I am sure it would do wonders for their careers.

Amari Cooper is injury prone I give him eight games this year.Zeke we all know is a stud but is on the verge of breaking down with his workload and style of play.

The o-line is not  that good. Tyron Smith is a joke Collins is average Fredrickson is a question mark so that leaves them Martin.

 

Dak is also a joke I can't wait for them to overpay him.It will lead to years of 8-8 from them lol.If Alex did not get hurt we would have beat them down twice.With the bama boys in the middle we are built to beat them.

 

Edited by Ghedrick
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Their OL is so over rated..They aren't as good as they use to be..

 

Well, their all-pro center didn't play a game last year, and is expected to be 100% by the time OTAs start this offseason.  So they have that going for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nerm said:

 

Well, their all-pro center didn't play a game last year, and is expected to be 100% by the time OTAs start this offseason.  So they have that going for them.

Center wasn't the problem in 2018..your Tackles and left Guard are a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Nerm said:

 

Well, their all-pro center didn't play a game last year, and is expected to be 100% by the time OTAs start this offseason.  So they have that going for them.

Well who is to say he is 100% and can still play at an all-pro level.We will thump Dallas this year to two times. We got alot of talent coming back from injuries our self. Starting with are own all-pro caliber rg.dont forget our stud running back in Guice.Oh what about Ferrari Foster? Landon Collins? Dunbar?PRichie?

Heck with Dallas we got loads of talent people on this board dont show love and when our guys are healthy we are the best team in the east!

Edited by Ghedrick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

First off Cobb at this stage in his career is not better than Doctson or Richardson.If Doctson and Richardson were playing with Aaron Rodgers I am sure it would do wonders for their careers.

Amari Cooper is injury prone I give him eight games this year.Zeke we all know is a stud but is on the verge of breaking down with his workload and style of play.

The o-line is not  that good. Tyron Smith is a joke Collins is average Fredrickson is a question mark so that leaves them Martin.

 

Dak is also a joke I can't wait for them to overpay him.It will lead to years of 8-8 from them lol.If Alex did not get hurt we would have beat them down twice.With the bama boys in the middle we are built to beat them.

 

.....god bless you 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghedrick said:

First off Cobb at this stage in his career is not better than Doctson or Richardson.If Doctson and Richardson were playing with Aaron Rodgers I am sure it would do wonders for their careers.

Amari Cooper is injury prone I give him eight games this year.Zeke we all know is a stud but is on the verge of breaking down with his workload and style of play.

The o-line is not  that good. Tyron Smith is a joke Collins is average Fredrickson is a question mark so that leaves them Martin.

 

Dak is also a joke I can't wait for them to overpay him.It will lead to years of 8-8 from them lol.If Alex did not get hurt we would have beat them down twice.With the bama boys in the middle we are built to beat them.

 

Alex getting hurt had nothing to do with us losing to dallas in the second game....we barely won the first and cooper roasted us in the second game trust me you will want to see this team exactly what it is or you will lose a lotta sleep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Alex getting hurt had nothing to do with us losing to dallas in the second game....we barely won the first and cooper roasted us in the second game trust me you will want to see this team exactly what it is or you will lose a lotta sleep

 

different offense means the defense performs differently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Alex getting hurt had nothing to do with us losing to dallas in the second game....we barely won the first and cooper roasted us in the second game trust me you will want to see this team exactly what it is or you will lose a lotta sleep

The Redskins are a 15-1 team every off season in my opinion and I get plenty of sleep...7-8 hours a night and some days multiple 2+ hour naps..

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Man, this couldn't be a better situation for Flowers. If he's ever going to get it right, Washington is the place. 

 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

skins re-signed Zac Kerin.  Kyle Fuller is also on the roster.  Tyler Catalina is still around.  Wonder if these guys mean we won't give Arie Kouandijo another shot?

 

The only other center we have besides Roullier we have is Casey Dunn.  Wonder who we're more likely to bring back, Bergstrom or Luke Bowanko for a shot at backup center?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flowers saying he has modeled his game after Trent has gotta be the least self-aware backhanded compliment ever.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Flowers saying he has modeled his game after Trent has gotta be the least self-aware backhanded compliment ever.

 

Lol... Cut him some slack, he’s still a youngster. But, yes, I see your point. 

 

Has it it been confirmed he’s going to play G?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me, to the neighborhood newsletter after coming in 11th place at the local par-3 Pitch'n'Putt tourney with 9 bogies: 

 

"I've always modeled my game after Phil Mickelson" 

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, wit33 said:

 

Lol... Cut him some slack, he’s still a youngster. But, yes, I see your point. 

 

Has it it been confirmed he’s going to play G?

 


Since we are actually talking about the Redskins...nothing is ever confirmed until it happens.  Skins FO MO is 'We cannot confirm nor deny anything'.

giphy.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listen guys we don't have anyone to play guard. Our right guard suffered a season ending injury. I think he'll be back fine but you never know. Depth along our entire oline is weak right now and we lost our backup tackle who has gotten way too much playing time over the past few seasons.  

 

The flowers signing gives us some flexibility. There are many examples of failed LT's performing at the guard slot.

 

The guy is young and definitely has above average athleticism based on being drafted early. 

 

We have major holes at linebacker and wide receiver that need to be addressed early in the draft. We only have so many picks and dont have the luxury of taking a high quality guard early in the draft. 

 

We spent a bit on him, but he projects to be a starter on our oline this year and at the very least a backup similar to ty nsehke, except the floor is lower, the potential upside is higher, and he is cheaper overall. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Listen guys we don't have anyone to play guard. Our right guard suffered a season ending injury. I think he'll be back fine but you never know. Depth along our entire oline is weak right now and we lost our backup tackle who has gotten way too much playing time over the past few seasons.  

 

The flowers signing gives us some flexibility. There are many examples of failed LT's performing at the guard slot.

 

The guy is young and definitely has above average athleticism based on being drafted early. 

 

We have major holes at linebacker and wide receiver that need to be addressed early in the draft. We only have so many picks and dont have the luxury of taking a high quality guard early in the draft. 

 

We spent a bit on him, but he projects to be a starter on our oline this year and at the very least a backup similar to ty nsehke, except the floor is lower, the potential upside is higher, and he is cheaper overall. 

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Flowers saying he has modeled his game after Trent has gotta be the least self-aware backhanded compliment ever.

 

Trent Williams will be the best thing for his career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

 

Not true. He was excellent in college. Was he a reach where he was drafted? Yep. And EVERYONE knew that. But to say the guy has never been good is straight up wrong.

 

No he wasnt. I was stoked when the Giants drafted him. He sucked at Miami. I watched it with my eyes.

Edited by SkinsNoles21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

 

No he wasnt. I was stoked when the Giants drafted him. He sucked at Miami. I watched it with my eyes.

Thoughts on him moving at LG?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Said all along Norman was a candidate to get shipped out in a trade. Plenty of very good DB options in the draft. There's time yet for that trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.