Riggo-toni

The 2019 Free Agency Tracker -Added: Landon Collins, Rodgers-Cromartie, Donald Penn, Flowers, Smallwood. Lost:Preston Smith, Nsekhe, Crowder, HaHa

Recommended Posts

As we found out last season, if you're down to playing your 5th string OG, you're screwed anyway...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

I think that we should address OL in the draft, as quickly as possible.  This does not sound like a good signing, unless he suddenly realizes that he's been wearing his shoes on the wrong feet since he was drafted.

 

I think he wears them on the correct feet.  i don't have the ability to zoom in on his feet, but from a distance, it seems like he is playing on roller skates.  Maybe that is the issue.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to get the feeling that in 2025 we'll be talking about the awful 2019 season where we signed or traded for players like Rogers-Cromartie, Flowers, Keenum and God knows who else is coming down the road here......

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm starting to get the feeling that in 2025 we'll be talking about the awful 2019 season where we signed or traded for players like Rogers-Cromartie, Flowers, Keenum and God knows who else is coming down the road here......

 

the way fans around here talk there's nothing special about that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

 

This may be the most ridiculous take unless, and i say unless, the $4M is fully guaranteed. If in fact most of it is incentives - which I think is already being reported, this writer just wanted an excuse to trash the Redskins. 

 

Let's start with he has not made the team yet. And if he does it means he beat someone out. As for the one yr deal, why would you commit more than one year? Give him a prove it deal, and if he proves it pay him. It's still not going to be an extraordinary contract. 

 

This was a knee jerk reaction but a jerk writer who was looking for an excuse to trash the Redskins.

 

I think he must have dropped his passy: 

 

image.png.df9d1f31cb7465b3d7933ad16ad7ab17.png

 

 

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why so many people have this illusion that Callahan is somehow going to transform mid level O lineman to solid starters.  Look at his track record since he has been here with OL who have been drafted in the mid rounds.  He has developed no one for the most part and there have been many.  Hell people they have brought in couldn't even beat out broken down lineman like Lavou.  And he hasn't resurrected any of the players they picked up off the streets either.  I am expecting the same with this guy as well.  Based on his performance in Washington, Callahan is overrated in my humble opinion. 

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as flowers goes..in Callahan we trust!! eh..hope for the best and wish him luck I guess... welcome flowers!!.. Httr!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a smart pick up after they lost Ty. Incentive laden contract to make the guy perform or he walks.....not a bad move

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who's seen the ****in Chucky clip yet?.. Chucky reminds me of Halloween Halloween is in fall football is in fall..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2019 at 5:51 AM, TheShredder said:
On 3/18/2019 at 1:11 AM, rumplestilskin said:

Flowers LOL...

Roses are Brown

Violets are Brown

Hey who **** in my GARDEN?

Hopefully we are the mystery team in on Nick Easton

Flowers cost you nothing to see if you can coach him up for OL depth during OTAs/Camp.  At least he's not often injured and 24 yr old former 1st round pick.  Maybe he's been playing out of position as a tackle.  No risk in signing him to let our OL guru have a crack at him. 

Nick Easton is soft former 6th rounder.  Just not talented. Why would you want less talent?  Not saying Flowers vs Easton is talent vs talent comparison because Flowers hasn't played Guard.  However Nick Easton has only been available for 23 games in 4 years!  Guess he'd fit right in with the Skins OL...what the hell

Edited yesterday at 05:53 AM by TheShredder

Nailed it. Bam!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Bigmuss1 said:

It’s a smart pick up after they lost Ty. Incentive laden contract to make the guy perform or he walks.....not a bad move

 

Its debatable if he's a better player but its a better situation because of Tys age and injury history.  We were picking folk off the street and running the ball, Flowers might not be great here but he doesn't need to be.  Who knows though, worth a shot, one year $4 mill, why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think Flowers has a chance at lg. Playing guard is like being in a telephone booth in pass pro and will  eliminate him from moving laterally much. Also, at 6ft 6in 335 pounds if you get this guy running straight at you in the running game not many lb's and safeties are going to want to take him on. 

Edited by Ghedrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, glongest said:

Not sure why so many people have this illusion that Callahan is somehow going to transform mid level O lineman to solid starters.  Look at his track record since he has been here with OL who have been drafted in the mid rounds.  He has developed no one for the most part and there have been many.  Hell people they have brought in couldn't even beat out broken down lineman like Lavou.  And he hasn't resurrected any of the players they picked up off the streets either.  I am expecting the same with this guy as well.  Based on his performance in Washington, Callahan is overrated in my humble opinion. 

 

I swear, do other teams fans create false narratives in their heads like this?

 

Callahan has only been here since 2015.  In that time out lower round OL selections have been Arie Kouandijo, Austin Reiter, Chase Roullier and Geron Christian

 

Roullier is our starter at center

 

Of the others we lost Reiter while trying to stash him on the PS.  He's been a spot starter on two teams.  Arie failed, then got a second chance and seemed like he was going to be our starter till he got hurt and Christian was always a project.

 

Few of the people we brought in were consistent starters on other teams and frequently got injured on the Skins.  And it should not be surprising when a rookie UDFA can't beat out a healthy vet.  Lauvao is an average player when he's healthy and average guys get drafted.  UDFA are generally raw guys with potential

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I see people reacting to $4M for Flowers. It reminds me of when people got all pissed about Scandrick and his initial contract - 2yrs $7M. Then it turned out all of $1M was gauranteed. Need to see th full contract deals. These reports are always full potential deals not the important details of guaranteed money. 

 

If it is $4M guaranteed, then this a bad signing. if it's full of incentives and/or the guaranteed money is more like $1M, then it's no harm no foul. Bring him in and see if he can compete. If he can with new scenery and maybe a position change, Great. If not, move along little doggie.  Again, it's March 18th. Still a lot to be decided before they release the 53 man active roster. 

 

 

I refer you back to the - You can;t make Chicken Salad out of Chicken ****. All the coaching in the world cannot actually tackle or catch a ball or make a guy stay healthy. Until there is a real NFL starting roster it is hard to say the lack of Ws are on the coaching. 

 

What we do know is Bruce Allen is a ****ing moron. He is not trusted by agents, players, or owners - well except one unfortunately. He has destroyed every NFL team has has been to. Totally inept. 

If any of this contract is guaranteed it is a bad contract (Heck for that matter if Scandrick had 1 mil guaranteed that ended up being a terrible contract).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, carex said:

 

I swear, do other teams fans create false narratives in their heads like this?

 

Callahan has only been here since 2015.  In that time out lower round OL selections have been Arie Kouandijo, Austin Reiter, Chase Roullier and Geron Christian

 

Roullier is our starter at center

 

Of the others we lost Reiter while trying to stash him on the PS.  He's been a spot starter on two teams.  Arie failed, then got a second chance and seemed like he was going to be our starter till he got hurt and Christian was always a project.

 

Few of the people we brought in were consistent starters on other teams and frequently got injured on the Skins.  And it should not be surprising when a rookie UDFA can't beat out a healthy vet.  Lauvao is an average player when he's healthy and average guys get drafted.  UDFA are generally raw guys with potential

 

I might even chalk up Moses' development to Callahan...he was awful as a 2014 rookie.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

 

This may be the most ridiculous take unless, and i say unless, the $4M is fully guaranteed. If in fact most of it is incentives - which I think is already being reported, this writer just wanted an excuse to trash the Redskins. 

 

Let's start with he has not made the team yet. And if he does it means he beat someone out. As for the one yr deal, why would you commit more than one year? Give him a prove it deal, and if he proves it pay him.

 

I disagree.  If almost any portion of the contract is guaranteed, it is a bad deal for the Redskins.  I don't think anyone expected him to make a roster unless it was for a league minimum deal.  The expectation was that a team would pay him less than one million, IF he was able to show he was good enough to play on an NFL team.  If it costs the team anything to cut him, it is a bad deal.  Maybe if most of the $4 mil is for absurd incentives (like all pro selection), it is reasonable.  Otherwise, he is going to be paid more than the starting QB, and most of the starters on the team... Despite being a guy that no one else seems to want even as a backup.  If he shows enough ability to make the team, he should still be getting 1 mil or less.  In my opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Flowers likely didn't get much in the form of guarantees but more likely playing bonus as it appears they targeted him for LG competition.  He's likely been playing out of position in the NFL and could very well find a home as a starting LG with the help of TW and Callahan & Co.  It would seem to me that if it works out, it's brilliant.  If it doesn't and he doesn't make the roster then I still think it was worth it as long as they don't have to take any cap hit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bigmuss1 said:

It’s a smart pick up after they lost Ty. Incentive laden contract to make the guy perform or he walks.....not a bad move

Several posts that it is an incentive laden contract (I hope so) but have any details other than the $4mil been released? I think those posting this are in my own hoping category.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruce Allen calls Bill Callahan....Hey Bill, you think you can make a OT into a Starting LG? 

Bill...Yeah, who is it?

Bruce Allen...Don't worry about it.  Thanks.  {hangs up}

giphy.gif

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nerm said:

 

I disagree.  If almost any portion of the contract is guaranteed, it is a bad deal for the Redskins.  I don't think anyone expected him to make a roster unless it was for a league minimum deal.  The expectation was that a team would pay him less than one million, IF he was able to show he was good enough to play on an NFL team.  If it costs the team anything to cut him, it is a bad deal.  Maybe if most of the $4 mil is for absurd incentives (like all pro selection), it is reasonable.  Otherwise, he is going to be paid more than the starting QB, and most of the starters on the team... Despite being a guy that no one else seems to want even as a backup.  If he shows enough ability to make the team, he should still be getting 1 mil or less.  In my opinion.

 

I think the people expecting that were very short sighted.  It takes more than two teams for a first round pick to bust out of the league, especially when he spent most of that time as a starter.  Hell we're Jonathan Cooper's sixth team and he was constantly hurt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

I think Flowers has a chance at lg. Playing guard is like being in a telephone booth in pass pro and will  eliminate him from moving laterally much. Also, at 6ft 6in 335 pounds if you get this guy running straight at you in the running game not many lb's and safeties are going to want to take him on. 

Hopefully this will be Mike Williams 2.0 minus the weight issues

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.