Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

Been a busy day at work. First chance I have had to post. 2 years 8 mill for AP when you could have had Ingram for 3 years and 15 Mill? OUCH!

1 hour ago, DCdangerous said:

Dont drop V. Davis! J. Reed has been injured and hasn't been productive in two years. I'll take my chance with Davis. 

Davis is done. He dropped balls left and right last year. 

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Been a busy day at work. First chance I have had to post. 2 years 8 mill for AP when you could have had Ingram for 3 years and 15 Mill? OUCH!

The hit for this year is 2.5 and has an out clause for next year. Doubt Ingrams contract has that and I doubt he wanted to be a mentor to Guice like AP. Ingram wants to be "the guy" and so he should.

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Davis is done. He dropped balls left and right last year. 

Only $2.5 mil vs cap this year and they can get out of it next year.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I think the Redskins will make a mistake in cutting Brown. Seems to me the kind of player who is a strength when used correctly. We saw that in year one and saw the opposite in year two. Creative teams and good coaches figure out way to exploit talent. Brown is a talent. That speed and power has value.

I can understand a potential cut from a cap point of view, but Brown's failure to succeed here seems more about the coaches than Brown. Hopefully this year, we have pieces that the coaches know how to use and our players are put in position to succeed more often.

Whoever signs him will be his 4th team in 5 years, so when should Zach start holding himself accountable?

I am not sweating the Zach Brown cut. The guy was a free lancer and out of position constantly last year. Just watch some film and it is pretty evident. Now. If you want to use him like that and let him free roam sideline to sideline he is dangerous with his speed. But in today's passing NFL if your LB is out of position you get gashed. Everyone has their responsibility on every play. One man freelancing leads to another man looking bad.

I am actually OK with keeping Foster next to RF. RF is your speed guy and Foster is your thumper. Foster does a decent job around the LOS. Just dont ask him to run down the field with TE's.

22 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Whoever signs him will be his 4th team in 5 years, so when should Zach start holding himself accountable?

I don't think it's a function of him being a bad guy though.  It's circumstance more than anything.  He was a backup JAG when he left Ten after 4 years.  Seems legit.  How many backup LBs stick around longer than that? 

Went to Buf on a 1 yr deal because he hadnt earned better than that.  Also legit.

Turned himself into Pro Bowl player and hit free agency.  Legit move again.

We signed him and it turned out how it did. 

We can say him getting released is because of him mouthing off, but here's no evidence to indicate a track record of being a locker room cancer or bad behavior. 

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Browns getting a lot of love--too much imo, but...

Side note: I'm gonna bet $10 on the Skins winning the SB lol..

https://www.oddsshark.com/super-bowl/futures

Odds To Win Super Bowl 54

Odds as of March 13 at Bovada

• New England Patriots +700
  • Kansas City Chiefs +750
  • Los Angeles Rams +800
  • New Orleans Saints +900
  • Chicago Bears +1400
  • Cleveland Browns +1400
  • Los Angeles Chargers +1400
  • Philadelphia Eagles +1600
  • Indianapolis Colts +1800
  • Dallas Cowboys +2000
  • Green Bay Packers +2000
  • Minnesota Vikings +2000
  • Pittsburgh Steelers +2000
  • Houston Texans +2800
  • Seattle Seahawks +2800
  • Baltimore Ravens +3000
  • San Francisco 49ers +3000
  • Atlanta Falcons +3300
  • Jacksonville Jaguars +3300
  • Tennessee Titans +5000
  • Carolina Panthers +5500
  • Denver Broncos +6000
  • New York Giants +6000
  • Oakland Raiders +6600
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers +7000
  • Detroit Lions +8000
  • Buffalo Bills +10000
  • Arizona Cardinals +12500
  • Cincinnati Bengals +12500
  • Miami Dolphins +12500
  • New York Jets +12500
  • Washington Redskins +15000

holy crap do we really have the worst odds in the league?  Thats pretty sad. 

8 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I don't think it's a function of him being a bad guy though.  It's circumstance more than anything.  He was a backup JAG when he left Ten after 4 years.  Seems legit.  How many backup KBs stick around longer than that? 

Went to Buf on a 1 yr deal because he hadnt earned better than that.  Also legit.

Turned himself into Pro Bowl player and hit free agency.  Legit move again.

We signed him and it turned out how it did. 

We can say him getting released is because of him mouthing off, but here's no evidence to indicate a track record of being a locker room cancer or bad behavior. 

I pretty much agree with you and even with @Burgold to some extent.  I too wish we could find a way to use his athletic ability to help us, from what I understand him being released is strictly based on the fact he is constantly leaving his assignments and hanging other players out to dry, I don't watch film but Hoffmann was talking about it today.

I don't think he's a bad guy, he's always seemed like a shy, nice guy type to me but nobody wanted him in FA last year and now he is being released by a team whose weakness is ILB so there has to be something to it, Zach has to have a coming to Jesus moment and realize he may want to become more of a student of the game rather than relying on his speed all the time.

13 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

28 for 304 is not producing. 

Yeah, we're gonna blame the WRs for their production with Colt McCoy, Mark Sanchez and Josh Johnson throwing the ball.  

There's context.  He had 27 catches in 8 games with Alex Smith at QB, 1 catch when the other 3 jabronies were playing. Had a 5 game stretch where he caught 23 of 26 balls thrown to him when Smith was in there.  Was anybody else doing that?  

Extrapolating, he was on pace for 50+ balls and about 600 yards with reasonably competent QB play.  And he wasnt getting a ton of snaps for a while.

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Tevin Coleman signed to a team that already has Breida and McKinnon for 2/10...we should have been in on that unless his structure/guarantees are much worse than AP's. 

That's a great deal for SF.  I'm glad to see numbers coming back down to earth.  

Just now, justice98 said:

We got the "nobody believed in us" card to play.  lol

I’d make s bet that we won’t have the worst record in the league, but I don’t think I’d place a bet with someone else’s money that we’ll be in the Super Bowl. 

Harris is not worth continuing to try to coax more from. He is as good as he's going to get, and it's simply not very good.

Slow and he shies from contact since his concussion.

He is familiar, so folks like him... but overall, losing him is no loss.

~Bang

Archived