Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Soooooo let's play pretend that keenum is our quarterback and has an actual Good year...the skins win ten games(majority of the wins from the double headed monster)do the skins go qb rnd 1 next year or extend keenum and do something else with the pick?...my personal opinion is that gruden is canned in season and the skins win 3 games.. complete rebuild and that's when a QB heavy draft comes in next year

This scenario kind of puts us in a bad spot. This is why I want Rosen because I feel like this team CAN win 8 to 10 games and we would have him waiting in the wings. If we dont get him, we will be in a very unfavorable position to draft a QB next year. Unless Keenum turns into an actual good QB, hes probably not the guy and just a stop-gap. No way this team wins 3 games lol, too much talent on defense. 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You mean his opinion that Gruden gets fired and the redskins win 3 games? You don’t think that’s a possibility at all? 

no I don't

31 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

This scenario kind of puts us in a bad spot. This is why I want Rosen because I feel like this team CAN win 8 to 10 games and we would have him waiting in the wings. If we dont get him, we will be in a very unfavorable position to draft a QB next year. Unless Keenum turns into an actual good QB, hes probably not the guy and just a stop-gap. No way this team wins 3 games lol, too much talent on defense. 

if next year is QB heavy then we could get someone in the middle or it or be close enough to pull of a trade without breaking the bank

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wow. You must be one of the very few positive ones :P almost every other person I’m pretty sure thinks we’ll suck and be 4-12 and it’ll be Grudens final season here.  

I see no regression in this team.  We have been around a 500 team and that seem like we can remain that

We could go 3-3 against the NFC East, we could go 3-1 against the AFC East.  The rest of the season features teams with similar or worse records than us last year.  We beat the Packers last year.  The 9ers were 4-12.  The Panthers were also 7-9 and the Lions were 6-10.  The Viking were 8-7-1 and we know Cousins.  Course the Vikings know Keenum

All off season I tell my self/prepare my self for complete disaster from the skins...even through free agency bringing in new players drafting players all the way to pre season I prep my self for the skins to fail and my personal opinion of the Redskins up coming season is something that can happen to any team..especially the skins..so when they only win 7-8 games and just miss the playoffs and the coach gets to stick around I come away as if the season was a success 😉..

However..I am the MOST POSITIVE skins fan around...15-1 and Super Bowl bound.. against my best friends dolphins...I would never ever in a million years hope for the Skins to only win a couple games to position themselves better in the upcoming draft.

11 hours ago, carex said:

I see no regression in this team.  We have been around a 500 team and that seem like we can remain that

We could go 3-3 against the NFC East, we could go 3-1 against the AFC East.  The rest of the season features teams with similar or worse records than us last year.  We beat the Packers last year.  The 9ers were 4-12.  The Panthers were also 7-9 and the Lions were 6-10.  The Viking were 8-7-1 and we know Cousins.  Course the Vikings know Keenum

I'm telling you now..write this down folks....the skins go in to Philly non prime time under the radar...folks please believe me when I say the further away from the bright lights the skins get the better they are...beat down Philly.. Wentz ain't gonna be ready week 1 and is shaky..our d wins the game with enough from the.. write this down too.. double headed monster, we win in Philly and continue with momentum at Home with another non prime time game and get Dallas who just lost to the Giants than we..(lump in throat)BEAT DOWN MY WIFES BEARS IN WEEK 3!!...than walk away with a win against the Giants than get the Patriots before they get settled into the season..5-0!!!

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wow. You must be one of the very few positive ones :P almost every other person I’m pretty sure thinks we’ll suck and be 4-12 and it’ll be Grudens final season here.  

I don't believe that's true, either.  Defense will win enough games to keep us hovering, but I don't trust Case yet.

I think if the Skins get another pass rusher it'll either be a depth guy drafted in the mid rounds or a depth guy signed a couple weeks after the draft.  And at WR youth is the one thing they really don't need more of

9 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I'm telling you now..write this down folks....the skins go in to Philly non prime time under the radar...folks please believe me when I say the further away from the bright lights the skins get the better they are...beat down Philly.. Wentz ain't gonna be ready week 1 and is shaky..our d wins the game with enough from the.. write this down too.. double headed monster, we win in Philly and continue with momentum at Home with another non prime time game and get Dallas who just lost to the Giants than we..(lump in throat)BEAT DOWN MY WIFES BEARS IN WEEK 3!!...than walk away with a win against the Giants than get the Patriots before they get settled into the season..5-0!!!

LOL BT - however was bantering with a stupid die hard Eagles fan and he thinks Wentz is a bust and they made a mistake letting Foles go.  Apparently there are a lot of people up in Philly that feel the same. 

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

LOL BT - however was bantering with a stupid die hard Eagles fan and he thinks Wentz is a bust and they made a mistake letting Foles go.  Apparently there are a lot of people up in Philly that feel the same. 

McNabb thinks they should draft a QB.... doooohhhhh...what is lol bt?...I know what lol is...lol

I'm loving it...if the skins bottom out and land in 4th in the division and the eagles at 3 because of horrible quarterback play it would make my season...I've called it since they won the Superbowl with Foles I refused to watch... They're going to let the wrong QB go

Grant PaulsenVerified account @granthpaulsen
FollowFollow @granthpaulsen
More

Just talked to a Redskins source who told me Dan Snyder has "taken over the first round of the draft." The last time that happened the Redskins traded two future No. 1's and a No. 2 to move up for Robert Griffin.

11:31 AM - 24 Apr 2019

462 replies628 retweets1,555 likes

Retweet

On 4/22/2019 at 7:16 AM, bakedtater1 said:

I'm loving it...if the skins bottom out and land in 4th in the division and the eagles at 3 because of horrible quarterback play it would make my season...I've called it since they won the Superbowl with Foles I refused to watch... They're going to let the wrong QB go

I don't know. Hard to say Wentz has not been good. Rookie year was good by rookie standards then two seasons with a QB rating above 100 (last season wasn't as good, but we should factor in that he was months from total knee reconstruction). 

This will sound bad, but I'm rooting for another injury. The only thing that can derail the kid is health. 

On 4/21/2019 at 5:56 PM, carex said:

I agree...I had always posted that you build a dominating D FIRST and have a Good running game on O to control the clock and win like the Ravens did. I actually want our 1st pick to be a Edge Rusher on D to pressure the QB's and force turnovers with Collins and Crew and play short field. We HAVE a Kicker to put some points on the board.

Secondly, I like McCoy to run a ball control O and let the D eat.... I want to see what Rob Ryan's impact on the LB's will be (hopefully he'll influence Manusky to be aggressive)

I love to watch a wicked defense play hard ball...

*i* predict a 8-8 and mabey 10-6 if we get to Philly early on and flip one more in our first 6 games...

27 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

I agree...I had always posted that you build a dominating D FIRST and have a Good running game on O to control the clock and win like the Ravens did. I actually want our 1st pick to be a Edge Rusher on D to pressure the QB's and force turnovers with Collins and Crew and play short field. We HAVE a Kicker to put some points on the board.

Secondly, I like McCoy to run a ball control O and let the D eat.... I want to see what Rob Ryan's impact on the LB's will be (hopefully he'll influence Manusky to be aggressive)

I love to watch a wicked defense play hard ball...

*i* predict a 8-8 and mabey 10-6 if we get to Philly early on and flip one more in our first 6 games...

I wonder if this style now requires the QB to be a legit threat running the ball. Kind of like the Ravens are doing with Jackson. It’s old school smash mouth football, but with the being the catalyst to the run game. 

Not to say you can’t be a playoff team with a run of the mill QB and great supporting cast. 

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

I wonder if this style now requires the QB to be a legit threat running the ball. Kind of like the Ravens are doing with Jackson. It’s old school smash mouth football, but with the being the catalyst to the run game. 

Not to say you can’t be a playoff team with a run of the mill QB and great supporting cast. 

The Patriots D throttled the Rams....and THEY were considered next to the Greatest Show on Turf team...Brady only scored one TD...10-3.

If the goal is to NOT GET FIRED ,Bruce and Jay, this path has the highest probability of success and get a QB next year after surviving. The Skins Fans of old LOVE Defense and serviceable O with a Good RB. We NEVER had a Franchise QB and won doing the above.

11 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

The Patriots D throttled the Rams....and THEY were considered next to the Greatest Show on Turf team...Brady only scored one TD...10-3.

If the goal is to NOT GET FIRED ,Bruce and Jay, this path has the highest probability of success and get a QB next year after surviving. The Skins Fans of old LOVE Defense and serviceable O with a Good RB. We NEVER had a Franchise QB and won doing the above.

Pats are always a great argument for any and all to use. I personally choose to never use them as an argument, due to them being on a playing all their own, you know. 

One could argue the Eagles played with great defense and a run game. Though, the RPO scheme and overall creative run game had a lot to do with it. 

Im not against playing a smash mouth brand of football (was a huge supporter of Smith and style last year), but the teams ceiling was limited. I was more rooting for momentum heading into future years. Team  continues to lack CULTURE and IDENTITY, so if smash mouth/old school football provides this, let’s do it!

I can truly enjoy watching any form of winning lol 

7 hours ago, carex said:

so that rumor about Snyder taking over didn't seem to take root. 

No it didn't.

The team quickly came out almost as soon as the rumor was on the radio and flatly denied it, calling it "categorically false".

I'm sure Snyder is involved to some extent. It's his team after all. However, I doubt he is making the picks and moves himself.

Let's hope not, anyway. :)

Archived