Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

3 minutes ago, Stormy said:

I think one of the great weaknesses of Jay’s offense has been predictability based upon the package on the field. To that end, we could use a TE on the field who is versatile enough to improve our run blocking, while also being a legit threat in the passing game. We don’t have that right now, as Davis and Reed are inadequate blockers, and as Sprinkle has developed much in the passing offense. 

A great thing about drafting a guy like Hockenson (and an added bonus to having Guice on the field) is that they are truly 3 down players who aid all aspects of the offense. Right now everything is telegraphed to the 1 dimensional strengths of guys like Reed, Davis, AP, CT) when they are on the field, and if we utilize them on downs where they are ineffectual, they usually get exploited. 

Agreed that they need to go LG, and probably fairly early. I think a strong case can be made for a well-rounded TE early too. 

Gotcha. People are looking for a dual threat QB. That makes sense. I honestly think that the main problem with Reed is availability. I wouldn't sign or draft with the assumption that Reed will be playing. 

Hockenson would be great, but I think he is going before our pick. 

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

And so, you see my point. There is trash out there right now and the longer we wait, the fewer even trash-tier players will be left on the market. By preseason, if we don't draft anyone to play guard (we didn't last season when it was a huge need, so I won't hold my breath), we will be stuck the trash that literally NO ONE wants. Again, it is insanity to not give a cheap contract to a cheap player and call him "Plan B".

Let's reverse this: Based on who is in the draft, who would YOU pick to be our guard? Who do we ride if we don't pick one, like last year? If we don't get anyone in the draft, we're going to be picking from UDFAs and the leftovers of the trash heap, the ones that are less desirable than the people on the market now.

Fear not my friend, we have 9 selections in this years draft. It is a lock that we will draft at least one or two linemen. Where on the draft board is the million dollar question so really tough to single out one player. Also why not UDFA? It is at least picking players who are young for reserves. At least they won't be 30 something with major injury red flags. An injured player does nobody any good and if we were to pick up any of the guys you mentioned it would mean that they haven't learned anything from last year's hope that old crusty vets can get you through a season. At the end of the day we both agree we want more depth. My arguement is it should be through the draft or if someone suprising becomes available through cuts or trade. No more injured bums.

Now we have a tweet by All Pro analytics, saying “insider sources have informed me that the redskins and Vikings have been in trade discussions all morning for WR Stefon Diggs. 

No deal yet, but could get done by this evening. I’ve heard Norman could be included” 

dont know how reliable that source is though. 

9 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

If he doesn't want to sign a long term deal then we might as well dangle that carrot, he probably wants LT type money and as good as he is he's not worth that, I would rather spend that on a good RT and get rid of Moses.

IF he doesn't want to sign a long term deal, or IF he is asking for LT money, I agree.

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Now we have a tweet by All Pro analytics, saying “insider sources have informed me that the redskins and Vikings have been in trade discussions all morning for WR Stefon Diggs. 

No deal yet, but could get done by this evening. I’ve heard Norman could be included” 

Wow, this could be fun. We sign DRC, immediately puts Norman on notice, now this. 

It's great to have the real Dan Snyder back. 

23 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I think ukskinsfan is on to something about 24 being moved.

Hey you just never know, I might be.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

IF he doesn't want to sign a long term deal, or IF he is asking for LT money, I agree.

I'm curious if anyone has ever heard Scherff say he loves DC and wants to be a lifelong Redskin, I always heard that from Trent but haven't heard it from Scherff.

It could have happened, I miss content all the time which is why I come here but I'm starting to get worried about this Scherff resigning.

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I was thinking if the rumor was real they would want Scherff, we know where they lack talent and its that horrible O line.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

I'm curious if anyone has ever heard Scherff say he loves DC and wants to be a lifelong Redskin, I always heard that from Trent but haven't heard it from Scherff.

It could have happened, I miss content all the time which is why I come here but I'm starting to get worried about this Scherff resigning.

I'm not sure I can even remember seeing Scherff in front of a mic, or being blasted on social media...

I haven't read the entire thread, so perhaps this has been discussed but:

You guys realize the entire reason we signed Collins was so they could talk about Sean Taylor for another 3 years, right?

Snyder didn't waste a second either, presenting that game worn 21 jersey to him so the local media would talk about it and fans would slurp it up.  It's amazing, scumbaggy marketing.  They're gonna milk 21 forever.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspin.com/rip-sean-taylor-now-buy-this-crappy-doll-from-dan-sny-1830682615/amp

3 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I haven't read the entire thread, so perhaps this has been discussed but:

You guys realize the entire reason we signed Collins was so they could talk about Sean Taylor for another 3 years, right?

Snyder didn't waste a second either, presenting that game worn 21 jersey to him so the local media would talk about it and fans would slurp it up.  It's amazing, scumbaggy marketing.  They're gonna milk 21 forever.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspin.com/rip-sean-taylor-now-buy-this-crappy-doll-from-dan-sny-1830682615/amp

oh stuff it.  Collins was talking about Taylor before he got here, Snyder gave him something that probably helped him sign the damn contract for less money than elsewhere

2 minutes ago, carex said:

oh stuff it.  Collins was talking about Taylor before he got here, Snyder gave him something that probably helped him sign the damn contract for less money than elsewhere

Let me be more clear...

I know Collins is a big fan of 21 and it's totally sincere.  I also know he grew up a Skins fan, also totally sincere. 

The point is Snyder didn't miss an opportunity to exploit it to his benefit.  What fosters more Goodwill with the fanbase than those warm and fuzzy 21 feels?  Don't believe me?  All you need to see is that ridiculous doll they tried to sell LAST YEAR.

Snyder is subhuman and you're underestimating the levels he will stoop to to make a buck.

13 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I was thinking if the rumor was real they would want Scherff, we know where they lack talent and its that horrible O line.

I'm not sure how to take your response...:ols:

i was saying that the Diggs talk makes me think we could be trading Scherff, which kinda had me worried. Don't want to lose him. 

Are we agreeing :806:

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Let me be more clear...

I know Collins is a big fan of 21 and it's totally sincere.  I also know he grew up a Skins fan, also totally sincere. 

The point is Snyder didn't miss an opportunity to exploit it to his benefit. 

that's what team owners are supposed to do

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Let me be more clear...

The point is Snyder didn't miss an opportunity to exploit it to his benefit.  What fosters more Goodwill with the fanbase than those warm and fuzzy 21 feels?  Don't believe me?  All you need to see is that ridiculous doll they tried to sell LAST YEAR.

Snyder is subhuman and you're underestimating the levels he will stoop to to make a buck.

Go find somewhere else to troll.

I wouldn't put it past Snyder to look for #21 jersey sales, but who really cares? Does this change anyone's opinion of Snyder? No. Is Collins a good player who will help this team? Yes. 

He's the best safety we've had in a while, period. For people looking for reasons it's not an upgrade (cost, Snyder's reasons, box safety, etc...) clearly you wouldn't like any moves, so let's just move on. 

6 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Let me be more clear...

Dude that is the most crass crap I have ever seen on this borad

We all share a common distaste for the owner but to paint him to be some kind of archcriminal is just wrong.

Just now, Unbias said:

I wouldn't put it past Snyder to look for #21 jersey sales, but who really cares? Does this change anyone's opinion of Snyder? No. Is Collins a good player who will help this team? Yes. 

He's the best safety we've had in a while, period. For people looking for reasons it's not an upgrade (cost, Snyder's reasons, box safety, etc...) clearly you wouldn't like any moves, so let's just move on. 

I care.  He's insulting all of our intelligence.  He's making marketing moves over football moves.  He's ignoring what all of us really want, a winning team, in favor of money.

It pisses me off to no end.  I love this team but it's never been more clear to me what a POS this guy is.

Again, click the link to doll.  Think about how empty the stadium was last year.  Then tell me 2+2 doesn't equal 4.

Archived