Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

4 minutes ago, Bang said:

Not to pick, but didn't this thread usually have the tracker updated on the opening post?

trying to find the Clinton Dix news

~Bang

The brass is making a hard push for him but nothing new.  That was at the start of FA.

Dang, was hoping we'd take a crack at Sitton.  

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I'm just curious and I don't mean to be an ass... But what's in it for you fans who dive deep into what money the players are making and what have you... Is there a GM tryout for the Redskins?.. again I don't mean to be disrespectful or rude..

it helps give an idea what is even possible for the team

On the Maurice harris front, maybe the coach was concerned about the concussion.  It took him forever to shake it

Not that I expect him or Kelley to be getting big contracts, but do untendered RFA fall into the comp pick pool?

I am meh on the AP signing... 2 years/raise for a 33 year old back....   I would rather see what Guice Marshall Bibbs and Perine can do.  Follow the obvious trend of the rest of the league and roll with kids. Instead, we'll risk our young backs to the PS.

IIRC he was upset that he lost the starting job to Ingram and Kamara. I hope he is OK with a backup role.

3 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I am meh on the AP signing... 2 years/raise for a 33 year old back....   I would rather see what Guice Marshall Bibbs and Perine can do.  Follow the obvious trend of the rest of the league and roll with kids. Instead, we'll risk our young backs to the PS.

IIRC he was upset that he lost the starting job to Ingram and Kamara. I hope he is OK with a backup role.

BIBBS doesn't play for us. Guice is recovering from knee surgery and Marhsall, we saw what he was capable of.

Perine has a fumbling problem but he should get a second chance. AP was our offense last year. So why not at 2.5 million.

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

Look, I dont wanna make too big a deal of a 4th WR type, but Mo Harris should be on the team.  Good for him if there is some demand around the league.  Of the guys currently under contract, he's no worse than the 3rd best WR.  Maybe even 2nd.

The Redskins need play makers... explosive play makers.  Think slants that go to the house!  Think breaking tackles and shaking defenders.  They don't need receivers who can't separate, are slow footed, and only move the chains.   Harris is a nice story but let's be realistic here.  He's a possession receiver and virtually every NFL team has a couple on their practice squad.  

2 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

BIBBS doesn't play for us. Guice is recovering from knee surgery and Marhsall, we saw what he was capable of.

Exactly, I don't want to lose our next Bibbs. All signs point to Guice being ready.  Marshall, Jay loves Marshall and that's why he is coming back. 

Plus, I cannot be the only one none too thrilled about the story that came out last November.

6 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

You can’t have watched last year and learned how Peterson is wired and not see value. It’s a one year deal with an option, from initial reports.

This without mentioning the young stud is coming off of ACL surgery, so increasing value for Peterson, especially early on. 

5 minutes ago, Sknsnation said:
LAi6jzDF_bigger.jpg JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayNBCS
Following Following @JPFinlayNBCS
More

Via IG, Quinton Dunbar telling Ha Ha Clinton Dix to come back to the Redskins. HHCD says “it’s OV!” Draw your own conclusions.

Im not keen to this lingo

Ocean View maybe in VA

Maybe he's going for an Office Visit

Or maybe its over

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Exactly, I don't want to lose our next Bibbs. All signs point to Guice being ready.  Marshall, Jay loves Marshall and that's why he is coming back. 

Plus, I cannot be the only one none too thrilled about the story that came out last November.

Are you talking about his spanking his son. I am not going there. 

6 minutes ago, Sknsnation said:
LAi6jzDF_bigger.jpg JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayNBCS
Following Following @JPFinlayNBCS
More

Via IG, Quinton Dunbar telling Ha Ha Clinton Dix to come back to the Redskins. HHCD says “it’s OV!” Draw your own conclusions.

Well get Tre Boston on the phone

3 minutes ago, wit33 said:

You can’t have watched last year and learned how Peterson is wired and not see value. It’s a one year deal with an option, from initial reports.

This without mentioning the young stud is coming off of ACL surgery, so increasing value for Peterson, especially early on. 

He is a physical freak.  The fact that we need someone to teach players how to work out, is more concerning than what our team would be like without him.

Just now, RandyHolt said:

He is a physical freak.  The fact that we need someone to teach players how to work out, is more concerning than what our team would be like without him.

Not necessarily working out, but an overall mental approach to each day— viewing each as an opportunity to be your best. An All time great wired with a mentality he’s not accomplished a thing— Sign me up for establishing a hard working culture and leading the youngsters as the uncle of the squad. 

Alex Smith is wired the same way :( Team really would be on to something if he was healthy. With QB situation it’s hard to imagine anything special yet (Kyler Murray would solve this). 

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

Look, I dont wanna make too big a deal of a 4th WR type, but Mo Harris should be on the team.  Good for him if there is some demand around the league.  Of the guys currently under contract, he's no worse than the 3rd best WR.  Maybe even 2nd.

Really he doesn't get open.  Watch his snaps.  He has good hands and fights for 50/50 balls, but he's covered all the time.  I think you want a WR that gets open. 

1 hour ago, CurseReversed said:

holy crap do we really have the worst odds in the league?  Thats pretty sad. 

Yeah I haven't checked lately but I recall weeks back the Redskins were considered the 2nd worst team in the NFL by most Vegas odds makers -- Dolphins usually last.  I guess on that one we leapfrogged them to the bottom.

Personally right now it feels more like a 6-10 roster as opposed to 2-14 as that odds maker is essentially predicting.    Keep in mind statistically speaking we have the easiest schedule in the NFL next season. 

I do like the Collins signing.   I am ok with the Keenum signing, too.  But on the aggregate they still have plenty of holes.  O line -- LG, depth.  Edge rush.   Weapons in the passing game. QB.   But FA isn't over with.  And the draft is still to come.

As I said before about FA, the off season is no lose for me.  If by chance they upgrade the roster and surprisingly become a playoff team -- that's great.  If they don't and its the same old same old or worse -- I think we got a good shot at a needed reboot in 2020.  If its a choice between take 2-14 and 7-9 -- I'd choose 2-14 any day especially when you got a loaded draft at QB coming up.  See the Cleveland Browns.    

Peterson’s deal is an economical one for the Redskins who will give him a $1.5 million signing bonus and a $1.3 million salary in 2019. His 2020 salary will be $2.25 million. He also gets $1.5 million in incentives each year he rushes for 1,000 yards or scores 10 touchdowns.

so...

2.8mil in 2019 + 1.5mil in incentives

2.25mil in 2020 + 1.5mil in incentives

1.5 in incentives will be hard to reach if Guice is healthy... i'd say thats a pretty good deal for the Skins.

6 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Not necessarily working out, but an overall mental approach to each day— viewing each as an opportunity to be your best. An All time great wired with a mentality he’s not accomplished a thing— Sign me up for establishing a hard working culture and leading the youngsters as the uncle of the squad. 

Alex Smith is wired the same way :( Team really would be on to something if he was healthy. With QB situation it’s hard to imagine anything special yet (Kyler Murray would solve this). 

On the video I posted weeks ago in the Kirk Cousins thread, the two guys doing the podcast or whatever mentioned intangibles like leadership, work ethic, approach to the game, etc...one of them said something like "You are absolutely nuts if you don't think things like leadership and toughness don't matter (as much as stats)", and the other guy said one of the advantages they have over most fans is that in their position, they get to constantly be in the locker room and see the effects of leadership and interaction between players, and how it translates to the field and games. In other words, fans understand intellectually and theoretically that these types of intangibles matter, but can't possibly know just how much they can affect a team's performance because they don't see the things that go on behind the scenes on a daily basis. From everything I've heard and read about both Alex Smith and Adrian Peterson, they have it in spades.

Fans think a guy like DJ Swearinger is a "leader" because he's "holding his teammates accountable"...in the press lol. Guys like these two podcasters/radio hosts would see how the actions of a player like DJ are truly affecting the locker room and his teammates. They would hear about all the ways players gravitate to someone like Alex Smith and what effect it has...and how the young RBs prepared differently with AP in the fold than when it was just Fat Rob and Perine doing it themselves while Chris Thompson continued his almost annual rehab. 

4 minutes ago, tchrpe1 said:

Yep, I would post the tweet but this site gives me issues trying to do so.  He's meeting with them 2night and 2morrow.  Skins are going to have to up their ante to get him.  Man, this ticks me off!  I wanted a Bama reunion between the two Coliins and Ha Ha.  Get Boston now I guess.,

Archived