Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

Just been reading in the draft thread that Gruden noted safety as a major issue, and the desire to get a bigger WR into the fold. Landon Collins, Devin Funchess solves that and frees up the draft in those positions. So does the excellent blocking TE/FB Luke Stocker. 

Not a a big fan of the FA class on offer. Those would be the players I'd consider if indeed they all hit FA.

I dont get the love for Antonio Brown.   He is awesome with Ben.  Look at his stats without Ben.  I have long believed that the Ben/ Antonio pair may be one of if not the best combo in NFL history but it is them together.  Brown will not be a star in his next uniform.   Good but no longer elite

The FO is saying we aren't cutting or restructuring anyone just yet. Scherff is the priority. IF we are bringing in a blue chipper, we'll sort the cap space out.

My bet, we extend Scherff, Preston Smith gone, Landon Collins signs if he hits FA, we'll restructure a couple of deals. Doesn't seem like major roster moves coming or a major outlay in FA at QB.

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

The FO is saying we aren't cutting or restructuring anyone just yet. Scherff is the priority. IF we are bringing in a blue chipper, we'll sort the cap space out.

My bet, we extend Scherff, Preston Smith gone, Landon Collins signs if he hits FA, we'll restructure a couple of deals. Doesn't seem like major roster moves coming or a major outlay in FA at QB.

Is the reason that you say Landon Collins will be a Washington Redskin because he is a Redskins fan and idolised Sean Taylor?. 

HTTR 

20 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Is the reason that you say Landon Collins will be a Washington Redskin because he is a Redskins fan and idolised Sean Taylor?. 

HTTR 

Gruden has basically said we'll bring in a couple of quality FA. Also, safety is a major issue, also per Gruden. Collins does have some past history in referencing the Redskins, but I dare say money talks. Plus he is looking at what, 10-12mil p/y deal.

There really aren't too many FA out there that us, the fanbase, will realistically get excited about. Collins is one I believe, on majority that will be a massively popular move. 

So, it's a need, is a move the fanbase will back, and there seems like a mutual interest, or more so a past interest from the player. 

Bruce Allen also stated that we will not mess around with out current roster cap situation just for the sake of it. We will however do what is necessary in the event we are able to target and secure a blue chip acquisition.

It's still an unknown though...and the Giants might tag him... :bye:

4 hours ago, Timberob said:

I dont get the love for Antonio Brown.   He is awesome with Ben.  Look at his stats without Ben.  I have long believed that the Ben/ Antonio pair may be one of if not the best combo in NFL history but it is them together.  Brown will not be a star in his next uniform.   Good but no longer elite

My best friend says the exact same thing..don't think he will be good away from Ben..idk.

4 hours ago, Timberob said:

Mike Wallace 2.0, he was setting the league on fire in Pittsburgh and after he left he did nothing.

Archived