Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

God the Redskins organization is such a piece of ****..they do everything wrong... completely **** everything up... ****ty ass free agent signings..never EVER EVER do they trade players away when they should...I just wish Redskins 1 would crash to the ground with Alex Smith, rg3, Kirk cousins, Colt McCoy, Dan Snyder, and Bruce Allen in it... nobody wants to play here..the Redskins team never does what we want them to do, they suck balls I hate the Redskins, and Nana Nana boo boo y'all stick your head in Doo Doo..

Let's hope against hope that our DC knows how to use Collins properly. As Keim said, you can't get too goo-goo eyed about him and ask him to cover every back outta the slot; he can't. Dude is a baller, though. Hope that shoulder is fully healed by training camp and he's ready to roll.

7 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We let a franchise QB walk for zero return and traded a pick and good young corner to downgrade the position, only to then sign that downgrade to an expensive (and longer) contract where we pay him the same amount as Kirk in the first two years anyway.  A contract that we are now going to be desperate to get out of.

We should have gotten a ****ing haul for Kirk.  We should have used that haul to go out and get an upgrade at the position.  Instead we gave up a player and picks to have zero promising solutions at the position and what essentially amounts to an enormous cap penalty.  We're stuck with nothing but our dicks in our hands, paying Alex Smith a ton of money, and hoping a couple of career backups can save the job of the people who were in charge of this debacle.

Oh and we still don't have a quarterback.  Add the draft picks we're going to have to spend to eventually get one to the balance of opportunity cost paid in the disaster.

That's not really the opportunity cost, though.

The opportunity cost for trading for Smith was a 3rd round pick and Fuller.

Or the opportunity cost was the chance--not the guarantee, but the chance--to gain unknown draft picks for Cousins.

Or it was keeping Cousins for another year at $34M.

Or it was keeping Cousins longer at an unknown amount under a contract you had very little control over.

Can't say the opportunity cost was a "haul" of picks unless a haul of picks for Cousins was offered ahead of time. Opportunity costs aren't some imagined best-case scenario "if" certain things happen in just the right way.

Honestly would have rather had Amos for much cheaper but oh well.  As someone else said, this ironically was the year where you DIDN"T have to overspend at safety at all to get talent.  They backed themselves into a corner and had to pay for the name to keep fans interested.  He's definitely an upgrade, but now my biggest concern is that Manusky is in charge of their positioning and success.  Is he really the guy who can get the most out of our players?

Bold Prediction:

"Landon Collins is a box safety" is going to be this year's "Josh Norman is a system corner" when the national media wants to rip on the Skins

Dare I think neither Jay nor Manusky were consulted on how Landon would be utilized in our scheme.

I wonder if this is the shiny new toy to get the fans back into the stadium.  It's not a stretch to assume a big splash was coming, and I think it's safe to assume we can expect one for offense as well.  Maybe Golden Tate, which is about as big a splash they can make without mortgaging picks on draft day.

22 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Dare I think neither Jay nor Manusky were consulted on how Landon would be utilized in our scheme.

I wonder if this is the shiny new toy to get the fans back into the stadium.  It's not a stretch to assume a big splash was coming, and I think it's safe to assume we can expect one for offense as well.  Maybe Golden Tate, which is about as big a splash they can make without mortgaging picks on draft day.

Think I would rather have Tate than Crowder or is it a wash?

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That team is poised to make a run.... how deep is where things get cloudy.

Cincy isn't looking great

Pittsburgh lost 2 players that were arguably the best at their position

Baltimore's defense is going to be a lot different next year without Suggs AND Mosley

That division could be as open as ever, and Cleveland appears to be trending up. 

Landon Collins’ massive win is a Giants nightmare come to life

March 11, 2019 | 4:32pm

Enlarge Image
Landon Collins
Landon Collins

Saquon Barkley catches a checkdown from Eli Manning in the right flat … and is leveled by Redskins box safety Landon Collins.

Collins signing a blockbuster six-year, $84 million deal with $45 million guaranteed over the first three years from the Redskins is the worst possible nightmare for Giants fans still up in arms that Dave Gettleman allowed him to walk out the Big Blue door.

Just what Barkley and Manning and Pat Shurmur need: an angry, motivated Collins looking to stick it to their GM who didn’t think he was worth a one-year, $11.15 million tag.

You will now hear Collins tell us about what an honor it was wearing No. 21 — one of the late Redskin Sean Taylor’s numbers — as a Giant.

“I feel like that’s the armor,” Collins told ESPN two years ago. “I’m wearing his armor. When I put that number on, I’m always representing him in any form or fashion. I try to do my best by it.”

Collins wore No. 26 at Alabama as a tribute to Taylor, who wore the number at Miami (Fla.). Collins cried when he learned of Taylor’s shooting in 2007.

“I idolized Sean Taylor for his physical play, his passion for the game, you could see it every time he touched the field,” Collins said at the 2015 NFL combine, “and I like being physical in the box.”

The Redskins don’t have a big-time quarterback (Case Keenum, Colt McCoy). What they do have now is a big-time enforcer on defense and a big-time leader in their locker room.

And can’t you just picture an angry, motivated Collins dropping into coverage to pick off a Manning underthrow, if only to send a message to Gettleman that he can be more than a box safety when not hampered by injury?

And — if Odell Beckham Jr. is not traded to the 49ers — you might be able to picture Collins laying the wood to him on a slant across the middle of the field.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/11/landon-collins-massive-win-is-a-giants-nightmare-come-to-life/

Bakedtater is a troll.  We haven't had a top-flight safety since Sean.  That pick up solidifies that position for four years, so now we can concentrate on the other glaring needs... RG for instance.  We have a decent amount of picks to address the LB spots, WR,  and find a 3rd back.  Chillax, my dude.  It's only March.

43 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

They backed themselves into a corner and had to pay for the name to keep fans interested.

25 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I wonder if this is the shiny new toy to get the fans back into the stadium.

This isn't aimed at either of you guyses...just using your posts as a jumping off point lol...

But I find it a bit funny that when Allen doesn't spend much in free agency--which has been his m.o. each year--he gets criticized for never going for it in FA and signing mediocre talent for cheap, affordable contracts while other GMs go out and "make their team better" while Allen sits on his hands and takes pride at "winning" the contract deals he does sign, even if the players he adds to the roster haven't established themselves as legitimate quality starters. now that he dove head-first into free agency and spent the $$ to acquire top-tier talent, it's kinda brushed off as little more than trying to hype up the fanbase with a splashy signing (again, this is about what I've seen overall and especially on twitter, not either of you) .

Example: signing Keenum gets criticized almost immediately with comments like "Oh great, Keenum is just mediocre enough to get the Skins a 7-9 record," "when will the Skins stop signing average-to-below-average talent for cheap deals?"...and even RG3 taking a shot on twitter saying "Yep, that's just what the fans wanted" (or words to that effect)...

That's followed by signing Collins, and there is a sizeable contingent saying things like "Same old Redskins, overspending for overrated talent," "this is Snyder trying to distract the fanbase with a splashy signing," "shiny new toy" (sorry, RandyHolt lol...saw this mentioned far more than just by you, though)...and that one guy on twitter saying that he loves following the Skins during free agency because they always act like a kid with an Amazon gift card who "has no idea how money works" (which Reid retweeted with obvious glee)...

I am encouraged, though, that both signings have been met with more positive reactions than negative, but if the Skins' FA signings were a movie they would probably be ranking a score of 62% on Rotten Tomatoes right now lol...with a lot of fan reviews trashing the movie without actually having seen it yet.

2 minutes ago, dballer said:

I love the Collins signing. They went out and got the guy they wanted, at 25 years old, gave him big money but structured it in a way that it doesn't handicap the team...don't really know what you can hate about it. 

Apprehension based on old moves made by a front office and coaching staff that are long gone.  

I get the concern having a large amount tied up in a single player, but Collins young, 3 time pro-bowler, and was a team captain.  We do need to use him correctly.  I do not want to see him isolated against Ertz with any real consistency.  

This may have been a move to create a buzz... but we got a really good football player.  

6 minutes ago, klwilkins1977 said:

Bakedtater is a troll.  We haven't had a top-flight safety since Sean.  That pick up solidifies that position for four years, so now we can concentrate on the other glaring needs... RG for instance.  We have a decent amount of picks to address the LB spots, WR,  and find a 3rd back.  Chillax, my dude.  It's only March.

Take that back.. calling me a ****ing troll...I might only be 5'6 but I'm no troll ..my mom is 4'9..she's closer to a troll than me

Many here know I'm not a troll..

Archived